Slacker

By Tom Toles

Where is the cartoon? I know there is no such thing as a vacation anymore. Now that's the name for working off-site. I'm going to try to do the old-fashioned kind, but, who knows, I may be just foolish enough to post something here. --Tom Toles

By Tom Toles  | July 5, 2010; 12:00 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sign language
Next: Looking for a job

Other Syndicated Editorial Cartoons:

Comments

Have fun, Tom.

Posted by: gary4books | July 9, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I second MacDevil, jayrayinnv, and Kevin 71707.

Posted by: whitehouse1 | July 8, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Don't you think this vacation thing has gone on long enough? I'm jonesin' here, pal!

Posted by: jayrayinnv | July 7, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Hah! I have been running my 8 cylinder lawn mower for two days. Like the heat? Had enough? I will shut it off just for you Mr. Toles. Enjoy your vacation.

Posted by: bobbo2 | July 6, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

" who knows, I may be just foolish enough to post something here."

Looks as though you already have…
As I raise my ‘tall cool one’ to you and yours on this hot summer day, I would also like to advise you to keep an eye out for those nasty bee hives…their sting can be deadly. Meanwhile I will continue to read the signs.

By the way...did you happen to catch Ted's "shout out"?

Posted by: bertzel | July 6, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Tom, I don't agree with you on 99% of the subjects, but everyone deserves some R&R. Enjoy!

Posted by: ATrueChristian | July 6, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Enjoy the R&R, but looking forward to the potential foolishness.

Posted by: insanecommenter | July 5, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Sigh. No Toles for a week or so? I gotta have my Toles! Where can I file a complaint?

Posted by: Kevin71707 | July 5, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Get some rest, Tom. No working!

Your consistent editorial brilliance provides a much-needed spark of sanity in the gloom of this madhouse. You are much loved in this household. Thank you.

Posted by: abhancock | July 5, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Go enjoy your vacation! You deserve some time off!

That being said, if you felt the need to post a cartoon, I'm sure nobody would mind :)

Posted by: MacDevil | July 5, 2010 12:42 AM | Report abuse