Fall election

By Tom Toles

c_08152010.gif

I went and bought one of those electric brains, and now it needs recharging. I will be lying low for a bit. --Tom Toles

sketchicon_ver1.jpg

s_08152010.gif

By Tom Toles  | August 15, 2010; 12:00 AM ET
Categories:  Democrats, Economy and jobs
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Election digest
Next: Shedding crocodile tears

Other Syndicated Editorial Cartoons:

Comments

Here I am at Friday morning and see only the cartoon for last Sunday. Do I need to refresh the page? What is going wrong?

Is it the Internet Expolorer?

Posted by: GaryEMasters | August 20, 2010 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Maybe if Tom comes back from vacation and does a nice cartoon praising former President G.W. Bush the democrats won't lose the House and Senate by so much on November 2nd?

Posted by: jornolibist | August 19, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

This space for rent.

Posted by: bobbo2 | August 19, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Toles, Thanks so much for your cartoons and blogging. I enjoy your blog entries even more than the cartoons. I recommend Paul Krugman's blog too. I am so frustrated and disgusted this Administration is so clearly owned and run by Banking.

Posted by: keywestgail@yahoo.com | August 19, 2010 6:55 AM | Report abuse

Now it is Wednesday morning and still no new cartoon.

Lost in a time warp, Post?

Posted by: GaryEMasters | August 18, 2010 7:17 AM | Report abuse

a new economy that somehow meshes with parts of an old economy will slowly emerge,values will now be front and center , stamped on the forehead even, the revelation if you will

Posted by: eddies1 | August 18, 2010 5:40 AM | Report abuse

This is Tuesday Morning already - why is the latest cartoon from Sunday?

Posted by: GaryEMasters | August 17, 2010 7:38 AM | Report abuse

Your electric brain needs recharged?

Mr. Toles, I have my brain hooked up to a biofuel-run energy generator. Sure, it's a complicated system and needs regular maintenance, but it's very efficient in its own way, and not connected to the power grid at all. Therefore, it can be quite green if managed properly. You might consider such an investment.

I think I'll go prepare some stir-fry to put into my generator.

Have a pleasant rest, Mr. Toles.

Posted by: whiteflame128 | August 16, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

So President Obama was handed an efficiently run, fiscally sound Government by Bush/Cheney and HE ran it into the ground?

What type of revisionist BS is that? Queue the 'Twilight Zone' theme music for this Sharpshootingpuglist...more like dullthinkingpugilist with one too many shots to the head...lol

Posted by: kahlua87 | August 16, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

The lack of comments here and my relatively quiet mind have given it away - I have found my identity - I am a resistant cell in Tom Toles' brain - and when he says he's recharging with a new electric brain, I'm laying low along with the rest of my cohorts - we don't want to get singed beyond the regular usage allowances...

Posted by: thanksforfish | August 16, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

On vacation dude. Most of the people who respond to this site work for the Washington Post in some capacity. It's August in DC and Congress is out of session for the next month. So guess what the people at the Washington Post are doing?

Posted by: jornolibist | August 15, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Where is everybody? Que echo effect.

Posted by: bobbo2 | August 15, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Dominos or a house of cards it makes no difference. President Obama's policies have not had the desired effect. There is still no fiscal responsibility in Congress. Come November the American voter will speak. And to egc52556, I agree with part of your opinion. If you read any of the comments concerning the death of Senator Stevens of Alaska you would have seen the vitriol that some people are capable of. Comments saying that Palin and Johnston should have been on the plane and the like, disgusting. I had someone suggest that my children should starve in this column. There are many people who are just mean and have nothing to add but childish personal attacks. But block them? If the people are reported and the Post agrees I take it that they will be blocked. But if it is because you do not agree with their opinion that is censorship. Who will be next? And for what reason? That is a slippery slope. Always remember that there are some people who must prove their lack of decency and intelligence everyday. Don't let that manipulate you into the world of censorship.

Posted by: bobbo2 | August 14, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Why does Mr. Toles continue to talk down the economy? What does he gain with such a disaster?

Or do I give him too much credit?

Posted by: GaryEMasters | August 14, 2010 7:56 AM | Report abuse

_

So here I come each day for my morning political chuckle and discussion, only to find that chucklehead, SharpshootingPugilist, is here with her morning rant. She must think somebody gives a d**n about her stupid insults.

Dear WaPo: can I have a filter that removes any post from SharpshootingPugilist and any post that references anything SharpshootingPugilist ever wrote?

What a waste. SharpshootingPugilist might actually have something useful to contribute but it's lost among the venom.

_

Posted by: egc52556 | August 14, 2010 7:33 AM | Report abuse

Tom, does your electric brain do Biden toons?

Posted by: jornolibist | August 13, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Tommy ol’ boy, today’s poorly drawn scribbling almost hits at the underlying truth, your Messiah doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing and is incompetence and inexperience shines through with every decision he makes. It’s the economy today that suffering from this administration’s lack of basic competency and the rats like Romer abandon ship.

Posted by: SharpshootingPugilist | August 13, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse