A Capitol tour

By Tom Toles

c_10032010.gif

sketchicon_ver1.jpg

s_10032010.gif

By Tom Toles  | October 3, 2010; 12:00 AM ET
Categories:  Congress, DC, Tea party
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Conveyor belt of horror
Next: Obama's roadblock

Other Syndicated Editorial Cartoons:

Comments

I wonder what the agenda of the One Nation rally on the Mall today would cost the American taxpayer down the road? In money and freedom.

Posted by: bobbo2 | October 2, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Amigo I read your crying the other day on how bad you have it and now you have time to write jingles? Maybe your problem is you have been voting for the same los demócratas liberales all your life.

Posted by: paraelvotante | October 2, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

That ain't the way it works amigo. The British burned it down in 1814 and the Democrats wanted to burn it down during the Civil War and now all some great Americans want to do is save Lady Freedom. Agredecido

Posted by: paraelvotante | October 2, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

The Brits are starting to do a U-turn on global warming!

Posted by: DirtFarmer1 | October 2, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Concerning your cartoon Mr. Toles. Congress, as the legislative branch of Government is supposed to be composed of Honorable people who are solely concerned in the proper exercise of their responsibilities as laid out in our founding documents. They are not there to promote themselves, their personal agendas, or to undermine our Constitution. Hopefully in November that point will get across to those in Congress who operate as if the Constitution does not matter.

Posted by: bobbo2 | October 2, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

One Nation will be meeting on the Mall today. Included in the over 400 groups scheduled to attend will be of course the Communist Party of America. Busses will be bringing in many Union members, many of which are required to attend. I wonder if Mr. Toles will be providing the background music for the presentation of "An Inconvenient Truth?" I understand it will be shown right after readings from Chairman Mao's little red book. Just kidding. Seriously though I doubt that any Tea Party member will be welcomed with open arms. But groups like the Communist Party of America will be welcomed with warmth and admiration. I am interested to see how this gathering conducts itself.

Posted by: bobbo2 | October 2, 2010 8:03 AM | Report abuse

I really like this one. A lot. Nice 3D effect.

Posted by: GaryEMasters | October 2, 2010 7:58 AM | Report abuse

To Tom Toles
Now that the government is floundering thanks to the "no" party undermining the "yes" party we need a new rally song.
We could call it the Yes! Yes! No! No Song. It would go to the tune of "Jingle Bells".
The words would go like this:
Yes yes yes no no no we will save the day.
O what fun it is to make lots more skies of gray. Aye
Yes yes yes no no no we will lead every one astray. Hay.

We need genetically altered politicians that can think straight.
Like it or not, our politicians can make or break our lives.

Posted by: OchamsRazor | October 1, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Tom:

A quick note to say how very much I LOVE your added written commentary in addition to your spot-on cartoon commentary. I have sent out several of your best rants to friends to loud cheers of approval in the reply emails. So my personal thanks for putting into picture and word what I have a hard time formulating myself.

Also two other ideas for art work I pass on with no expectations: having just read the Flash Crash post mortem, the image of the 'Fail Safe Blow-out Preventer' comes to mind; and secondly, one I have had for a long time: changing the symbol of the Dems from the long eared donkey/mule to a squirrel that runs from one side of the road (issue) to the other and back and then hurls itself under the wheels of the on-coming GOP steamroller. I am a yellow-dog democrat who both embraces and extols the diversity and shades of gray acceptance that the Dems offer me while at the same time gnashing my teeth over the 'all over the map/no unified front' behavior that seems part and parcel of that.

One last thing: if you do not own a copy of Edward Abbey's 'Vox Clamantis in Deserto', see about getting one on your shelf. I think you and Ed would enjoy having a few beers were the old rascal still with us.

Again my thanks for being so delightfully and creatively the provocateur.

Hayden Mathews