Welcome to Travel Log
Welcome to Travel Log, the Washington Post Travel section's new blog. I'm K.C. Summers, the Travel section editor, one of eight editors and writers on the staff who'll be contributing to the blog. We're thrilled to have a daily posting ground where we can pass on all the travel tips and tales we accumulate from our trips, plus breaking travel news and consumer tips. And now we finally have a place to post all those hot deals and bargains that expire before we can get them into the paper.
We very much hope that this will be a two-way endeavor, since we figured out long ago that we learn as much from our readers as they do from us. It's a confusing travel world out there, so if you can help even one hapless passenger make it through the TSA line with his or her carry-on (and dignity) intact, please share with the class. Or just make us laugh -- God knows there are plenty of travel absurdities these days. Jump in early and often with your own hard-earned tips.
If you're a regular reader of the Post Travel section or a participant in our weekly Internet chat, you already know that our great strength is in our range of interests. Between the eight of us, we've pretty much got every type of traveler covered (although the quirky kind may be a tad overrepresented). Also, we don't do brochure-speak, so you won't be reading about any "bustling villages frozen in time" and that sort of thing. You'll find our individual bios and photos posted in the column to the left, but here's a quick cheat sheet so you can keep us straight:
* KC is the latte-swilling museum-goer who hates Vegas and theme parks. Which is just fine, because...
* John is Everytraveler, who adores Vegas and theme parks.
* Cindy is the doting parent who loves family travel, nature and the California coast in equal proportion.
* Carol is the bargains maven, who lives, eats, drinks, breathes and sleeps deals.
* Steve is the outdoor-adventure guy who's equally happy investigating the world's bars.
* Anne is the resident budget traveler who knows all the best cheap sleeps in China.
* Gary is the man-about-the-world who speaks more languages than the rest of us put together.
* Andrea is the Energizer travel writer bunny who thinks sleep is highly overrated.
So that's who we are and what we aim to do here. We hope you'll visit us often -- between your own trips, of course.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: Nicole Cotroneo | January 17, 2007 10:50 AM
Posted by: David Kalter | January 17, 2007 11:14 AM
Posted by: Marti Larfi | January 17, 2007 11:58 AM
Posted by: KC Summers | January 17, 2007 12:01 PM
Posted by: Stephen M | January 17, 2007 2:16 PM
Posted by: Sam K. | January 17, 2007 4:28 PM
Posted by: Beth B | January 18, 2007 1:05 PM
Posted by: Judy Isaacs | August 17, 2008 5:35 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.