Friday Photo: Our OTHER Photo Contest
Yes, you've seen this photo before.
R.K. Wild's photo of a puppy barking at the ocean was last year's runner-up in our annual photo contest. We're re-posting it because today is the last day to submit your best vacation shot for this year's contest. Here are the details and rules:
1. This year's first-place winner receives a Canon PowerShot A590 IS (or equivalent) digital camera. As always, we want gritty as well as pretty. The topic -- travel -- is broad, so have some fun with it; experiment with lighting, angles, subjects and composition. We're looking for pictures that make the viewer react emotionally, that get to the heart of the travel moment rather than just record what the eyes see.
2. One entry per person. Photo must have been taken in 2007-08. Send entries via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos should be jpg or tiff attachments and be between 1MB and 10MB in size. Include caption information and when the photo was taken, plus your name, address and phone number, and put the photo's subject (e.g. "Scotland rainbow") in the subject line.
3. If sending by conventional mail, attach a sticker or notecard with your name, contact info and a detailed caption to the back of the photo (please do not send loose sheets of paper). Photos, which are nonreturnable, may be color or black-and-white, and in print form. Send prints to The Washington Post Travel Section Photo Contest, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20071.
4. Entries must be received by today, July 25. Photos become the property of The Washington Post, which may edit, publish, distribute and republish them in any form. No purchase necessary. The winner, to be determined by the Travel staff and members of the Post photo department, receives a digital camera. Post employees and their immediate families are not eligible. Please do not call to ask if we have received your entry. The winning photos will be published August 17.
If you miss today's deadline, don't despair: We're always taking submissions for our Friday Photo contest! Check out those rules here:
1. Email ONE photo per week to us email@example.com. Put "Friday Photo" in the subject field, and include your name, address and phone number.
2. Write a paragraph explaining what's going on in the picture, when you took it and why it's significant to you.
3. Photos should be from a recent trip, voyage, getaway . . whatever you want to call it. But try to keep it within the last month or two or three.
4. Winners will receive a Travel totebag; allow four to six weeks for delivery. Winning entries are subject to editing. Employees of The Post and their immediate families are not eligible. No purchase necessary.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
The comments to this entry are closed.