Lisa's Favorite Sites

ABC Piles on the New

ABC will debut a whopping eight new primetime series in the fall.

Monday: One new sitcom, "Sam I Am" stars Christina Applegate as a women who wakes up from an eight-day coma with amnesia.

Tuesday's new comedy "Cavemen" is based on the Geico ads. It's paired with "Carpoolers," a sitcom about a bunch of guys who commiserate about their lives on their shared drive to work.

An all-new Wednesday includes: "Pushing Daisies" -- a forensic fairytale about a guy who can touch dead things and bring them back to life. Also, the Grey's Anatomy spinoff "Private Practice" and "Dirty Sexy Money" about an idealistic young attorney who takes over dad's job as the personal lawyer to the very rich Darling family.

Thursday, post "Grey's Anatomy," ABC has scheduled "Big Shots" starring Dylan McDermott, Josh Malina and Michael Vartan as friends at the top of their game until the women in their lives enter the room, ABC says.

Friday's "Women's Murder Club" is based on James Patterson's bestselling novels of same name about four working women in San Francisco who solve murder cases.

The new lineup is as follows:

MONDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars"
9:30 p.m. "Sam I Am" (new comedy series)
10:00 p.m. "The Bachelor"

TUESDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Cavemen" (new comedy series)
8:30 p.m. "Carpoolers" (new comedy series)
9:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"
10:00 p.m. "Boston Legal"

WEDNESDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Pushing Daisies" (new drama series)
9:00 p.m. "Private Practice" (new drama series)
10:00 p.m. "Dirty Sexy Money" (new drama series)

THURSDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Ugly Betty"
9:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"
10:00 p.m. "Big Shots" (new drama series)

FRIDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Men in Trees"
9:00 p.m. "Women's Murder Club" (new drama series)
10:00 p.m. "20/20"

SATURDAY:
8:00 p.m. "Saturday Night College Football"

SUNDAY:
7:00 p.m. "America 's Funniest Home Videos"
8:00 p.m. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"
9:00 p.m. "Desperate Housewives"
0:00 p.m. "Brothers & Sisters"

By Lisa de Moraes  |  May 15, 2007; 9:30 AM ET
Categories:  Broadcast TV Upfronts 2007
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chicks Rejoice
Next: Nine Songs -- One Hour

Comments

First!

Posted by: Fairfax | May 15, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Ah, they bumped "Men in Trees" back to Friday night, eh? Too bad...I liked it following "Grey's Anatomy."

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

what about Brian?

Posted by: sumplmg | May 15, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Did you see George Lopez's comments. He is really p.o.'d about being canceled to make room for the Geico cavemen. I'm sure the cavemen won't last three episodes.

Posted by: ugh | May 15, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

No October Road? I liked it. I'm glad Men in Trees is coming back though.

Posted by: october | May 15, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

And where is Lost in the lineup??

Posted by: Oklahoma City | May 15, 2007 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Lost will be back in Feb. like this year, running all 16 eps back to back.

Posted by: Lost | May 15, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

What, no Wife Swap?

=)

Posted by: Philadelphia | May 15, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Where is "Cashmere Mafia"? Thought that was on ABC also - no?

Posted by: Kat | May 15, 2007 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I hope Traveler makes it into the lineup eventually. Anyone else see it last week? Pretty good show!

Posted by: Mustanger | May 15, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

If I watch the Caveman show, will I save money on my car insurance?

Posted by: DC Guy | May 15, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I am actually looking forward to the Caveman show. I LOVE those commercials. Angry Caveman better be there too!

Posted by: Linda | May 15, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Ouch.

I know others feel differently, but I thought the caveman ads got old by the 2nd or 3rd one. There's just not much there, but then, that's the case for many sitcoms.

Posted by: Bat | May 15, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse

ABC New Fall Schedule: Blah!

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 15, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Haven't we seen this before with the cavemen in modern-day settings? I believe the show was entitled "It's About Time" and was after "Hogan's Heroes" on CBS way back when in the 60's? Not that it'll be any more successful this time around...

Posted by: Raymond Lang | May 15, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

I remember that, Raymond:

It's about time
It's about space
It's about 2 men in the strangest place!

(I remember the tune, too... not that I'm proud of that)

Posted by: mat | May 15, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

The best shows are not on. October Road started to get under the skin, Six Degrees was so promising ... What are they thinking?

Posted by: James | May 17, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

What happened to BOSTON LEGAL Tuesday night (5/22)??? It was supposed to be season finale - who do I complain to?????????

Posted by: babalu3 | May 24, 2007 7:14 PM | Report abuse