Lisa's Favorite Sites

Dancing with DeLay: Tom Wins Second Term

Tom DeLay lives to dance another day on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" because while, yes, his cha cha cum rump shimmy left good portions of the nation speechless Monday, as show host Tom Bergeron noted, the foxtrot performed by Ashley "son of George" Hamilton and the Viennese waltz stomped out by Macy Gray were actually worse.

Hamilton had received just 19 points from show judges for that foxtrot, and Gray just 15 points for her waltz. But DeLay was awarded 20 points -- added to whatever votes you sent in -- for forever wrecking our ability to hear The Troggs's tune "Wild Thing" without thinking of his enormous derriere wiggling for the camera.

On the bright side, DeLay is stuck on the show another week while the producers think up ways to torture him with show-padding "other stuff."

On Wednesday night's results show, that involved "comic" - we use the term loosely - Adam Corolla pretending to be the coach for the guy dancers and giving them all a pep talk about how important it is a chick not win this edition of the dance competition series.
"Tom DeLay!" Corolla screeched at the former House Majority Leader, who looked fairly uncomfortable.

"I know what you're thinking! You don't have to practice as hard as everyone else! You don't have to work as hard as everyone else! Because you're a white middle-aged Republican and dancing comes natural to you people!"

By Lisa de Moraes  |  September 23, 2009; 10:23 PM ET
Categories:  TV News
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Viewers Want More "NCIS"
Next: Ashton Kutcher's "The Beautiful Life: TBL" on Career Planning

Comments

Corolla's remark was hysterically funny! However, I did not watch DWTS - if they want to push a has-been politician, then reruns are preferable to me.

Posted by: Utahreb | September 24, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

This puts the How Dumb in HDTV.

Posted by: whocares666 | September 24, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I'd love to see de Moraes on that show. Talk about ripping somebody a new one..

Posted by: SMWE357 | September 24, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

The only one who seemed to be genuinely happy with Delay's performance was Delay! My oh my, how his toothy smile was almost blinding..... but not as blinding as his OLD, fat rump and gut! I was SHOCKED that he wasn't eliminated after just one dance, he was T E R R I B L E! It was embarrassing!

My guess is he had the GOP call in all those votes to keep him "dancin'", and I do use the term loosely!

Delay..... Delay....Delay.....have you no SHAME??

Posted by: cashmere1 | September 24, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Cashmere1,

I voted for Tom Delay, because I think his continued humilation is a good thing. If Tom is busy learning next week's dance he is not out lobbying anyone to vote against health care or any other worthwhile legislation. Plus if he buffs up his body he'll be more attractive when he gets to prison. Please reconsider your not voting for Tom. Further we can claim a bipartisan approach to solving one of America's problems--Tom Delay working on legislation.

Posted by: merrylees | September 24, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

merrylees: You have made some good points. But, consider this: If Delay gets any more body-buffing, he won't have any skin left to tan-spray! NOTHING, but NOTHING could get me to vote FOR Delay. I will just continue to sit and hope and pray that he falls on his A-$-$ to embarrass himself even more! I think they were very kind to him last night!

When he goes to prison however, I will send him a Christmas card, how's that?

Posted by: cashmere1 | September 24, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Well Cashmere1 you are a better person than I. I don't think I could send him a Christmas card. What is it with Republicans and spray on tans? Boehner is bizarre looking and seems to spend more time faux tanning than working.

I am hoping Delay wears something next week with sequins and spandex, which will be very icky, and very humilating. Bright yellow like Big Bird would be good.

Posted by: merrylees | September 24, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

marylees----Covering Delay's sausage body with hot pink spandex and sequins would be good for DWTS ratings.....Delay would keep winning, just for laughs! He is the laughing stock now and is too egotistical to know it!

Wishing Delay glad tidings inside a Federal prison would give me great joy!

Posted by: cashmere1 | September 24, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I did not vote for Tom DeLay. While I'm all for his humiliation, I can't stand the sight of him and I actually like DWTS.

Posted by: deannaizme | September 24, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I love Adam Corolla. Sometimes he's smart funny, sometimes he's stupid funny. But he's always funny funny.

-- Rick Gershman