NBC: 25% of men watching Winter Olympics have cried
As the Vancouver Winter Games head into their final lap, NBC and Nielsen have started to spew out the usual Games Fun Factoids. These fun facts to know and tell come to you from NBC, which wants to impress upon you what a huge cultural event the Games have been in your lives:
* 46% of Olympic viewers changed their typical routine to watch
* 34% delayed doing laundry or other household chores -- including
paying bills - in order to watch the Olympics.
* 59% said they didn't watch some of their "regular shows" in
order to watch the Olympics.
* 35% of viewers cried or became teary-eyed while watching (25%
* 66% of viewers cheered aloud while watching the Olympics.
* 63% stayed up longer than usual to watch, resulting in 42% being
"more tired than normal."
* 42% of viewers said the Olympic sport they would most like to
try is bobsled.
Lisa de Moraes
February 25, 2010; 3:42 PM ET
Categories: TV News
Save & Share: Previous: Downhill event: Men's night on 'American Idol'
Next: 'American Idol' runs laps around Games with young viewers
Posted by: sheehanjc | February 25, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ozpunk | February 26, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.