Lisa's Favorite Sites

Jay Leno snares Christine O'Donnell as guest during Coco's first week on TBS

By Lisa de Moraes

Former Delaware Senate Nominee Christine O'Donnell is Jay Leno's big Wednesday "get" on NBC's "Tonight Show." Conan O'Brien's big "get" that night: Jon Hamm. Jay wins -- that night, anyway.

Monday night -- Conan's first on his TBS late night show -- Leno has lined up Arnold Schwarzenegger. Conan has lined up the lady with the nutcracker museum in Washington state, "Glee's" Lea Michele, and Seth Rogen. Conan wins.

Watch Christine O'Donnell answer questions about having "dabbled into witchcraft," and clip of HBO Friday late-night star Bill Maher telling O'Donnell during her election bid that he will run a similar clip of her every week (she was a frequent guest on Mahr's "Politically Incorrect") until she comes on his HBO show -- which she never did.

By Lisa de Moraes  | November 8, 2010; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  TV News
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Conan reveals results of his First Guest "Poll"
Next: Bristol talks Levi with Ellen

Comments

Why would you ever consider the advantage to Leno for bringing on an instant has-been (or rather, a three time prior election loser)? Haven't we been subjected to enough snide asides during the election cycle? Do we have to perpetuate this? Next thing, the media will be pushing this numbnut as Palin's running mate for 2012. Heaven help us all!

Posted by: jmcgeehan | November 8, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

O'Donnell should take over from Leno. The show would be a lot funnier.

Posted by: valandsend | November 8, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

So who's next Jay, Ken Kookinelli?

Posted by: hodgensr | November 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Well, at least Leno didn't book that other O'Donnell that we got tired of a long time ago...you know, the one who used to be on The View with those other hags.

Posted by: manicdrummer | November 8, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I think something's wrong with Conan. He's not funny and its painful to see him try so hard and fail.

Posted by: HillRat | November 8, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Chastine O'Donnell is smart and a quick learner.

It took her less than one week to get on the Money Tour as compared to the Mentor Sarah Palin.

I guess we'll have to support her one way or the other - either through advertisement cost levy on products or through taxes had she won.

So Jay Leno, make it worthwhile for us and ask her about sex. A little bit of witchcraft discussion may also be okay.

Posted by: kishorgala | November 8, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

"Snares"? Are you kidding?

As if getting this airhead on your show is some kind of a coup.

Leno and the other talkies should keep in mind that this is exactly how Sarah Palin got started post-election.

Let O'Donnell's political aspirations die a natural death. She isn't qualified to do anything, so please don't give her a forum to pretend otherwise.

Posted by: haveaheart | November 8, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Gee another reason not to watch Leno.

Posted by: nomorewholefoods | November 8, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't call it a boycott - I'm not angry at anyone, and I like both Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien - but I quit watching "The Tonight Show" when Conan left and haven't really tuned in since.

Posted by: mattintx | November 8, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I always thought Leno was a Tea Bagger.

Posted by: Roger2 | November 8, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Gee another reason not to watch Leno.

Posted by: nomorewholefoods

---------

My thoughts exactly. Haven't watched him since he screwed Conan over.

Posted by: johng1 | November 8, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I'm with carpodiem. The office of the president should carry a certain level of dignity and gravitas. The utilitarian logic that the president's appearance on the show is justified by the valuable audience that he reaches could actually justify him going on the Howard Stern show or worse. Ugh. Would you want that associated with the presidency? His appearance on a show indicates tacit approval of the show/producers.

Posted by: Bekind2 | November 8, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I always thought Leno was a Tea Bagger.

Posted by: Roger2 | November 8, 2010 1:42 PM
==========================================
His lower jaw has a great capacity like the fish-storing pouch on some aquatic birds!

Posted by: kishorgala | November 8, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Can't we just let Christine O'Donnell fade away? Why do we give credence to people who are nuts and have never done anything worth talking about. It is sad. I guess Leno's Republican leanings won't let him do that.

Posted by: peterdc | November 8, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Two losers comserating. How exciting.

Posted by: AugustWest1 | November 8, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I will definitely not tune in for this one. Had far too much of her already.

Posted by: seaduck2001 | November 8, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I will definitely not tune in for this one. Had far too much of her already.

Posted by: seaduck2001 | November 8, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I will definitely not tune in for this one. Had far too much of her already.

Posted by: seaduck2001 | November 8, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for the repetition! I see that this has occurred for other posters today. I kept getting an error message, so re-submitted.

Posted by: seaduck2001 | November 8, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Now this is a position I can get behind O'Donnell for:

Living joke.

Posted by: nonvoter | November 8, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Her five minutes are up. And Leno is putting himself in the trash bin by pandering to this nonsense. Who is going to watch? Conservatives ought to be embarrassed and liberals are bored with the Sarah Palin clone already.

Posted by: SarahBB | November 8, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

If history is any measure of the ability of these people to keep there names in the news, then O'Donnell is hardly an "instant has-been" or someone whose "five minutes of fame are up." If Sarah Palin has taught us anything over the past two years, it is that any accident of history can keep his/her name in front of the media simply by saying outrageous things on a regular basis. Oh, and being a friend of Fox News helps immeasurably.

Posted by: topperale | November 8, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Redux! After losing an election because she didn't know what she was talking about, is O'Donnell going to dig in and learn something and take on a real job? No way Jose! Let's cash in and become an entertainer! They are two peas in pod.

Posted by: fmjk | November 8, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Can't see how this add viewers to Leno's show. O'Donnell was mildly amusing in the election race, especially as long as there was a very healthy gap between her and Coons. Now, she's just a 3 time loser. Give her a job on Fox...it'll be the first real job she's had in years.

Posted by: ben16 | November 8, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

The Gawker article by the guy who spent a night with her noted she did not keep her bikini line trimmed, to say the least.

I wonder if Jay will call her out on the carpet?

Posted by: BaracksTeleprompter | November 8, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Jay Leno is a Republican. He pounds Obama and the Dems. He has Rush and other right wing nuts on. He commented recently that conservatives have a better sense of humor than liberals. Another beef I have is his snyde comments about Southwest Airlines. I just think he is a billionaire that has lost touch with the real world. I used to be a Leno viewer but recently have moved to Letterman. If I have to hear political humor I'd rather listen to Jon Stewart.

Posted by: willin46 | November 8, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Christine O'Donnell is a brilliant young women who was finally able to oust one of the biggest RINOS in DC. The people on here who are bashing Christine are the same people who tried shaking her down during the last election cycle 2008. Sour grapes. Disgruntled volunteers who wanted a piece of the action. She said NO, it's the people's money. I'll be sure to email all my associates so she will have huge ratings. Keegan give up!!

Posted by: dnancolella | November 8, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

I continue to be amazed at the intense dislike of conservative women by the "enlightened" among us. Coons will do as much for Delaware as Obama (with all of his vast experience) has done for the country. I will watch and enjoy.

Posted by: cangelosi1 | November 9, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't watch Jay Leno if he had Jesus Christ on as a guest.

Posted by: markmcl | November 10, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse