Debate Dance Goes On
Okay, so we know Bob McDonnell and Creigh Deeds will debate on Saturday at the Homestead, at an event sponsored by the Virginia Bar Association. Where and when and how else will they meet? The campaigns continue to spar.
The Deeds' camp today released a list of 10 forums and debates he will participate in and challenged McDonnell to appear as well. This comes after earlier this month McDonnell asked Deeds to participate in 10 events and then criticized him for not immediately agreeing.
This seems a pretty smart strategy by Deeds. He essentially takes up the McDonnell challenge but insists on choosing the times and places of their meetings. Which is exactly what Deeds' people had said they would do when they declined to immediately agree to the McDonnell request earlier this month.
Will McDonnell agree to appear at these events? We'll let you know. Details of the Deeds' events appear after the jump.
Events Deeds has agreed to appear at:
- Hot Springs: Virginia Bar Association Debate, The Homestead - July 25, 2009
- Richmond: Virginia Agriculture and Forestry Forum, July 31, 2009
- Loudoun County: Loudoun Chamber of Commerce Forum, in August
- Norfolk: Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association Forum, September 15, 2009
- McLean: Fairfax Chamber of Commerce Debate, September 17, 2009
- Richmond: Radio One Candidate Forum, September 22, 2009
- Roanoke: WSLS10 Debate, Roanoke, Date to be determined
- Norfolk - Greater Norfolk Corporation Forum, Norfolk, date to be determined
- Richmond - League of Women Voters/AARP Debate -- October 12, 2009
- Hampton - Southern Christian Leadership Conference Forum, October 22, 2009
UPDATE: An initial response from Tucker Martin with the McDonnell campaign: "An embarrasing capitulation and not even a very savvy move. We will respond soon."
He added, "the me too candidate strikes again."
July 21, 2009; 11:30 AM ET
Categories: 2009 Governor's Race , Creigh Deeds , Robert F. McDonnell , Rosalind Helderman
Save & Share: Previous: Potty Politics, Part II
Next: Debate Dance Part II
Posted by: joshstlouis | July 21, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.