Deeds On Air With TV Ad Accusing McDonnell of Misrepresentation

Anita Kumar

Democrat Creigh Deeds started airing a new TV ad today in Southwest Virginia accusing Republican Bob McDonnell of mispresenting Deeds on taxes.

The ad refers to the Roanoke Times and the nonpartisian Factcheck.org, both of which have questionned a McDonnell ad claiming Deeds supports a gas tax increase and the federal cap-and -rade bill.

Deeds has said he opposes the cap and trade bill, and has never said what specific tax increase he would support.

"He's running ads fabricating numbers for proposals Creigh Deeds doesn't support,'' Deeds campaign spokesperson Jared Leopold said. "The only thing clear from this ad is that Bob McDonnell will say or do anything to get elected."

Deeds: I'm Creigh Deeds and my campaign sponsored this ad.

Narrator: The Roanoke Times called Bob McDonnell's attacks on Creigh Deeds "pure fabrication"

Factcheck.org says McDonnell's ads are not true. Deeds opposes any new energy taxes from Washington.

Bob McDonnell is out of touch with this part of Virginia.

He supports the failed economics of the past. Billions in tax breaks for the wealthy and deregulation that collapsed our economy.

And now he's running a dishonest campaign to cover it all up.

By Anita Kumar  |  October 16, 2009; 2:10 PM ET
Categories:  2009 Governor's Race , Anita Kumar , Campaign Ads , Creigh Deeds , Election 2009 , Robert F. McDonnell
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Women's Group Forms to Oppose McDonnell
Next: Loudoun to Consider Asking Kaine to Buy Foreclosed Land

Comments

Seriously, where did you lefties come up with a goof like Deeds? He's the gift that keeps giving..

Posted by: SMWE357 | October 16, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

"A goof like Deeds"? Have you ever met Creigh Deeds? Have you seen him at work in Richmond? Do you even live in Virginia?

I have, and he's an honest person who will lead our state well the way Mark Warner did with his bipartisan Republican friends in the Senate like Tommy Norment and Martin Williams. Creigh Deeds was with them the whole way, Bob McDonnell opposed them, preferring the ruin that Gilmore wrought upon this state.

Don't worry - I know you're response - Mark Warner raised taxes! Jim Gilmore's the *real* hero! Okay, sure, you want to talk about the gift that keeps on giving, how did Warner v. Gilmore in 2008 go? Remember that, or should we pull up a map...

Posted by: antoniomelias | October 16, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I've never met Creigh Deeds - thank God I haven't.

Deeds is a nasty piece of work without a brain. Seriously, Deeds is probably the stupidest candidate I have ever seen.

So says Obama/Kaine supporter that is voting for Bob McDonnell.

Posted by: LdSentinal | October 16, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and if Deeds says he opposes the cap and trade bill, but yet he's holding a fundraiser tonight with that fat thief, Al Gore today.

Perhaps they're looking for both MAN BEAR PIG and Deed's brain

Posted by: LdSentinal | October 16, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

LdSentinal:

There is no such word as "stupidest" so maybe you should reconsider examining someone else's intelligence. Creigh Deeds is an intelligent, thoughtful, and hard-working senator who will be an outstanding governor if he is elected. I could care less for Bob McDonnell's smooth talk...he's all talk and no substance. McDonnell never introduced a bill related to job creation in 14 years as a state legislator. He's never created a job. He's never expressed even the slightest hint before at pay equality or alternative green technologies. He has a record of promoting social issues over practicality. Maybe he some of you fooled, but I'm not buying what McDonnell is selling.

Posted by: profyle424 | October 16, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Bob McDonnell is a smooth talker when compared, but then again George W. Bush is a smooth talker when compared to Deeds.

When duh-duh-duh-duh-Deeds is capable of forming a complete sentence I might change my mind. Otherwise all MIS-Deeds has is a negative campaign based on nothing.

However, you seem to be attracted to hate candidates such as Deeds, so go figure.

Posted by: LdSentinal | October 16, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

"When duh-duh-duh-duh-Deeds is capable of forming a complete sentence I might change my mind. [...] you seem to be attracted to hate candidates such as Deeds, so go figure."

Yepp, onomatopotic mocking of Deeds speech disorder is indeed very classy and certainly not hateful. You internet conservatrolls are truly the masters of epic fail.

What is with this tiresome "I am really really a liberal I just happen to be on internet forums all day arguing ad nauseum Rush Limbaughs every talking point" schtick?

Do you guys have some secret instruction manual over at NewsMax telling you to pretend to be progressives because people hate the republican party so much nowadays?

"Hey IRL I'm really a secular big city guy who believes in science but I'm starting to doubt that evolution can really be true because [...] and by the way did you know Jesus died for YOUR sins???"

"Hey I voted for Dukakis, Clinton, Kerry and Obama but now I'm starting to believe that Nobama is making this country into stalinist russia [...] and by the way did you know that their coming for our guns and he was born in kenya???"

Posted by: DannyAnderson | October 18, 2009 3:08 AM | Report abuse