Early Briefing 08.13.07
It's Monday, the day when we turn the business section over to local news. Here's some of the stories in today's paper.
* The sale of Sunrise Senior Living could be complicated by credit crunch. See story.
* Investing in a socially conscious way isn't all halos. Staff writer Michael Rosenwald tags along with Calvert Group's Barbara Krumsiek and finds she's scrambling for profits like any other money manager. See story.
* Not all private equity deals work out for the best. We take a look at problems at the Chubb schools. See story.
* Developers around the region are courting upscale grocers in hopes of attracting other popular retailers and affluent customers. See story.
* Maryland's governor is encouraging his utilities commission to assert its powers over the gas, electric, telephone and water and sewer industries. See story.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
The comments to this entry are closed.