* Leesburg Executive Airport is living up to its name, attracting lots of executives who like the location and ease of travel. See story
* The median price of a new home in Montgomery County has surpassed $1 million. It's $1,133,029, to be exact. Builders began putting up bigger houses and staying away from more moderately priced ones as the mortgage market tightened. See story
* Carlyle Capital's assets fell 24 percent in August, to $642.1 million. Carlyle Capital is a publicly traded credit fund backed by the District private-equity firm Carlyle Group.
* Emergent BioSolutions of Rockville signed a three-year contract with the Department of Health and Human Services for up to $448 million for the delivery or 18.75 miillion doses of the anthrax vaccine Biotrax and regulatory approval. See press release.
* Real estate taxes on vacant property would double to $10 per $100 in assessed value under a proposal by D.C. Council member Kwame R. Brown (D-At Large).
Please email us to report offensive comments.
The comments to this entry are closed.