* The AMC Loews Dupont 5 will screen its last show Jan. 13, reflecting the difficulty that smaller theaters face. See story
* A federal appeals court reinstated conspiracy and environmental charges against W.R. Grace of Columbia related to an asbestos-laden mine in Libby, Mont.
* Orbital Sciences is expanding its Dulles headquarters in a big way, adding up to four buildings and 600 jobs.
* The hotel at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Prince George's failed to get permission to serve alcohol before its opening in April. The holdup may be related to a bill that failed to pass this year that would substantially increase the cost of the license. See story
* Part of Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley's proposed tax changes is increasing the sales tax and applying it to businesses that are now exempt from it, including health clubs, tanning salons and real estate property management. See story
* The District will use a building in Southeast Washington for offices, just not for the police headquarters as originally planned, it says.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
The comments to this entry are closed.