* Employment in the Washington area increased, with the unemployment rate falling to 3 percent in August. That's the lowest of any metro area in the country. See story
* CitiMortgage, a unit of Citigroup, plans to say today that it has set aside funding for mortgages to Washington area residents who have thing credit histories, often immigrants. See story
* Michael Holiday, the former owner and chief executive of a Silver Spring company, admitted in federal court yesterday that he bribed a government contracting official with exchange for contracts to provide security at federal buildings worth more than $130 million. See story
* Victor MacFarlane is making a name for himself in the city's commercial real estate market, providing financing for a variety of projects. See story
* Marc Fisher wonders about the tax dollars being spent to subsidize arts venues in Montgomery County. See column
Please email us to report offensive comments.
The comments to this entry are closed.