Early Briefing: Baking Up Holiday Thanks
Monday is the day we turn the business section over to news about local companies:
* Corporate gift giving can sometimes prove ethically sticky, but not for EFX Media in Arlington, whose employees baked up 5,160 cookies and delivered them to 430 clients across the Washington region. See story and slideshow.
* We check in with Mesfun Ghebrehul, the owner of Barrel House Liquor, to see how one small business adapts to the changes in a 14th Street neighborhood. See story.
* Booz Allen Hamilton calls it the "petting zoo," a special showroom of the tech toys of tomorrow. There on display are things like wireless electricity and super lightweight batteries. Lots of companies in the area offer show and tell for their customers and we take a tour of a few of them. See story and slideshow.
* Tinsel Cinema, a Falls Church start-up, is hoping that Bollywood's lavish song and dance spectacles will add rhythm to its bid to make it in the video-on-demand industry. It's offering movies and television shows aimed at Web-connected South Asian families living outside the subcontinent. See story.
* After delays, Carlyle wraps up deal for Manor Care. See story.
* ICF International in Fairfax is seeking to reduce its carbon footprint to zero. See story.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
The comments to this entry are closed.