Early Briefing: Grocery Talks Yield Agreement
On Mondays, we turn the Business section over to local news. Here's a sampling of what you'll find in today's Washington Business:
* Workers at Giant and Safeway reached a tentative labor agreement with the two grocery store chains over the weekend. Rank-and-file employees are scheduled to vote on the contract on Tuesday.
* A decade after leaving town and making a fortune in Florida, developer R. Donahue Peebles has returned home to Washington, ready to launch some new projects but facing a vastly changed real estate market.
* A group of local women executives called Success in the City is putting its own lively twist on business networking.
* In today's Federal Diary: columnist Stephen Barr writes about a newly published list of the top 10 challenges facing most government managers.
* Medical spas offering a range of cosmetic treatments, such as Botox injections, are popping up around the Washington region, as doctors and entrepreneurs rush to meet demand for aesthetic services.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: ledo | April 8, 2008 11:39 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.