Late Night Humor

Jon Stewart shows a clip of Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer criticizing Obama for his restrained response to the Iranian crackdown. Stewart's response: "You can't believe Obama puts our national security in front of moral outrage?.. You know what I can't believe? That this bothers you -- Charles Krauthammer -- given your views on torture."

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Hard Corps
www.thedailyshow.com

By Dan Froomkin  |  June 25, 2009; 9:40 AM ET
Categories:  Late Night Humor
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cartoon Watch
Next: Quick Takes

Comments

Krauthammer talks out both sides of his mouth, and when his mouth is fully occupied, he talks out of the echo chamber of his ass.

Posted by: cymric | June 25, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Charles Krauthammer is beloved by his WaPo readers. The Post should fire your for ripping on him.

Posted by: danwesjac | June 25, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Those clips of Krauthammer being wise on Fox sure made me wish there was more of him on the WaPo OpEd pages. Wait - why not fire Dan Froomkin and double up on CK?

I used to think Krauthammer was interesting in the way a car crash is interesting and I've certainly rubbernecked past his work on occasion. At first it was like seeing a 90 year old in a Buick accelerate through the plate glass windows of a crowded Starbucks, now all I see is a mangled rusty mess corroding away at Hiatt's Junk Yard down on 15th Street.

Posted by: oncebitten | June 25, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

So now the Washington Post is going to fire Jon Stewart?

I wish it were a surprise that the people who most want the President to defend Iranians where the same people who insisted we bomb them into revolting against the regime.

The Neocons are upset that Obama has shown the power of thought, respect, words and pragmatic hope.

I know the effect because he forced me to reconsider my own pessimism and stereotypes about the Muslim world.

And this after he proved that by appealing to our best selves a majority of Americans could actually move beyond our own historic tribalism and take a step back from the cliff’s edge.

A Neocon nightmare.

Posted by: Cognomen08 | June 25, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I hope Charles Krauthhammer dies cr@pping in his wheelchair. Being a handicap has made him a bitter bitter man. Bitter and stupid.

Posted by: playa_brotha | June 25, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Krauthammer is indefensible, even by Fred Hiatt.

Jon Stewart didn't have to break a sweat.

danwesjac, you must be on the AEI or Heritage payroll. (How can I get paid to make up absurd deceptions and disinformation?)

Posted by: boscobobb | June 26, 2009 2:37 AM | Report abuse

boscobobb, I was going for satire. I went back read Kraut's torture op-ed's, I still can not believe the paper I loved as a kid printed them. I suggest that all us readers start using mcclatchydc.com for our MSM news.

Posted by: danwesjac | June 26, 2009 8:09 AM | Report abuse

You know, Dan provides very insightful analysis, the type which forces discussion, the type which facilitates better solutions, absolutely intrinsic to proper democratic functioning and American success.

And then there's Krauthammer.

And the Post fires Froomkin -- breathtaking, but then, as the Post managers are emblematic of Washington diasporic corporate mediority, it sure explains a lot about the state of the nation, doesn't it?

Posted by: thegreatpotatospamof2003 | June 26, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Gee, the WaPo is driving all its smart readers away. The only people left willing to buy or read this newspaper are those dumb enough to pay for right-wing propaganda, which you can get for free on Fox.

Posted by: shaman7214 | July 2, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse