Wiz and Heat update

Just wanted to provide a pre-game update before the Wiz and Heat get rolling here at Verizon Center. Shaq is here but out. D-Wade is not here and not coming (he's back in Miami after having wisdom teeth pulled). I also just learned that Miami will play without PG Jason Williams. Gary Payton will likely start at PG for Williams along with Jason Kapono, Udonis Haslem, Zo and Dorrell Wright.

Etan Thomas is out for tonight and will not play during the upcoming four-game road trip that opens Sunday night at the Lakers. Brendan will continue to start.

By Ivan Carter |  December 15, 2006; 6:25 PM ET
Previous: No Iverson sightings....yet | Next: Agent Zero goes for 60

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

We've been playing so well at home this season, not to mention the big three coming up big. I think we still would've won even if Shaq and Wade played.

Posted by: Will | December 15, 2006 6:52 PM

im glad we don't have to find out.

Posted by: charles jones | December 15, 2006 7:55 PM

Uh oh. Ivan mentioned in his piece that with Thomas out, Jordan said he will play Jamison at center at times. It looks like last night when Jamison was playing center, the team was -11 (Blatche was out there for -9 of the -11, but I assume he was playing PF, and Jamison was playing center.) Great....
Speaking of Jamison and +/- statistics, it's interesting that of the 6 players who have started this season, Jamison has the lowest +/- mark by a substantial margin. In past seasons, he has been one of the team's highest in that category. Booth and Lang are doing fine by that measure, so I wonder if there is any need to put Jamison at center instead of those two. I think it's more about Jordan thinking it's a good idea and using Thomas's injury as an excuse to do it. I just hope Thomas gets back before Ruffin.

Posted by: Henry | December 16, 2006 8:44 AM

"The Heat will beat us tonight. Mark it."

Governor, Governor, Governor. ;)

What happend man?

They made it looks interesting though didn't they?

Can we add Posey to that "Luscious Harris All-Star" list? Dude had 26 points off the bench and he averages 6.9 points. I had to laugh when I saw this because the first thing that popped into my head was that Toronto game a couple years ago.

The Wiz do have a bad habit of letting "unknowns" become one night wonders, it's pretty bad actually.

Is it me or should they be seriously considering taking Hayes out of the rotation or shorten his minutes? He's not playing to well.

At least they Jordan let Haywood play 30 minutes.

By the way, I'm a slow white guy. :)

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | December 16, 2006 10:57 AM

I've thought Jarvis has played prett well, other than 3 times that he shot it too fast instead of driving to the hoop (which will come with time I think).

His D is solid, his rebounding is good and he definately is a good shooter.

'Wood has come out of nowhere also, I wish I could believe he'll keep playing like this, if so, he's my new favorite wizard. Please 'wood, keep it up.

Posted by: jumpy | December 16, 2006 9:42 PM

I'll be attending the game tonite vs. the Lakers - wouldn't it be great if we started a road winning streak?

Posted by: Bullets Fan in L.A. | December 17, 2006 11:42 AM

What is up with the uniforms in tonite's, LA, game? The are really unusual.

Posted by: miwi98 | December 17, 2006 10:44 PM

DAGGER!

Let's see if the mainstream press finally gives Gil his due now. Or will it be strewn as some kind of "off night" for Kobe?

BTW, what's up with the garbage schedule-making at the NBA, burdening the Lakers with just 6 away games in their first 20?

Posted by: Gack | December 18, 2006 12:47 AM

Never mind, the AP recap is calling Gil's game a "Kobe-like performance"... what a load of dingo's kidneys.

Posted by: Gack | December 18, 2006 12:56 AM

As a long time Bullets/Wizards fan, it is good to see what they are accomplishing now. Eddie Jordan, with the help of players such as Arenas, Jamison, Butler and others has managed to change the culture of losing that gripped this franchise for so long. They are over .500 so far this year and have made the playoffs for consecutive years-even winning a playoff series. They need now to maintain this current level of success and even go beyond it by advancing in the playoffs.

Posted by: State of the Wizards | December 25, 2006 1:05 PM