Playoff Schedule to Be Released Late Tonight

Just got off the phone witih Tim Frank of the NBA offices and he told me that the playoff schedule complete with matchups, times and television info should be released not long after the Wizards and Pacers finish things up tonight. Depending on the outcome of that game and games involving the Bulls and Nets, Cavs and Bucks and Heat and Magic, the Wiz could be seeded anywhere from sixth to eighth and open the playoffs Saturday or Sunday at Toronto (if they are sixth) Chicago or Cleveland (if they are seventh) or Detroit (if they are eighth).

Jermaine O'Neal will be out for the Pacers, who laid down like dogs in losing 118-102 at Atlanta last night (actually, that's an insult to dogs. My dog actually gets after it whenever I bring her to the outdoor court near my place. Great on-the-ball defender that Heidi). Jeff Foster may also be out for Indiana and third center David Harrison got himself ejected from last night's game after throwing a ball down the court before ripping his jersey off and throwing it in the stands. This is the same guy who played in pick up game I was in at sports club LA last season on the day of a game that he started against the Wizards. Not kidding.

By Ivan Carter  |  April 18, 2007; 4:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: More Perspective on the Wizards' Fall, Plus NBA Awards
Next: James and Cavs Part II

Comments

Depressing...Wiz need to make a big move to get the fans energized for next year.

Posted by: PTP23 | April 18, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope that Wiz not named Antawn Jamison can shoot better than 30% tonight and we head into the post-season with a win. It was good to see AJ go back in the time machine last night - too bad the rest of the team let him down.

Posted by: Mike in SD | April 18, 2007 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Heidi-
Game of one-on-one or horse perhaps?

Posted by: Looly- | April 18, 2007 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else think the Bulls are tanking to the Nets entirely so that they can spank us in four games in round one

Posted by: Dante | April 18, 2007 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Wiz over Pacers, 91-85, 2:58 left. Will we see another meltdown tonight?

Posted by: iceberg | April 18, 2007 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Bring on the Cavs.

Posted by: mikeinseoul | April 18, 2007 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey, DCMan88/ Clewiston88/ ClueLessOne, you don't like Gilbert Arenas but you'd sure go for Rasputia in the new Eddie Murphy film, Norbit:

Posted by: Anonymous | April 18, 2007 11:21 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone notice Etan Thomas was MIA the latter part of the game? I did not even see him in the huddle - did I miss something?

Posted by: Lisa | April 18, 2007 11:27 PM | Report abuse

Worked - listen to game on 980.Post game - Eddie Jordan's son Paul called in. Congratulated his Dad for a great year, etc. Felt his dad doing really great job with team. Said his Dad is always trying to get team to play D. Its one of the main things he talks about.

Also - calls & discussions on air re: possible issues tween GA & EJ. GA not spoken to EJ sometime before the alledged "injury" only a "hi" yesterday. GA at Verizon everyday in workout room - doesn't speak to EJ. Makes sure they distribute his shirts. Radio producers disturbed w/his attitude & behavior.
Are Blatche & Haywood not alone? Do you think someone "may" have sat himself down to teach EJ a lesson?

Per the article - EJ said the "front office deals w/GA." Its awfully strange he doesn't speak now but held strong for Eddie when they were slow to resign him.

What happens when the star player & coach can't cut it?
what to you think?

Posted by: Rob | April 19, 2007 12:36 AM | Report abuse

Heidi? Is Ivan from Switzerland?
Must pefer blondes? They say they have more fun. Heidi? as in Heidi Klum?
We're reading about a dog named heidi.

Mike Lee come back!! Those were fantastic articles - just what we needed.

Um did anybody read - they're planning on trading Jermaine O'Neal this summer?

Posted by: JAA | April 19, 2007 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Anonymous,

I didn't bother checking the link because I don't care. Thanks for thinking about me though.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2007 7:01 AM | Report abuse

DC88, you're too funny. I agree with you about Mike Lee's NBA Team positioning. I'd put Wade over Arenas - no doubt.

Posted by: Robin | April 19, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

DC Man88/ ClueLessone/ Clewiston88:
We know you all clicked on the link. How could you resist? Everyone clicked on it and everyone laughed at you. Now we all know why you are such a jerk.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2007 12:13 AM | Report abuse

Actually I didn't. Whether I'm a jerk or not, at least I'm not a scared p#ssy like you are, being anonymous.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2007 7:44 AM | Report abuse

DC88 They gotch ya.
whats up with the language man?

You fell for some ignorant prank - pure and simple. You did exactly what they wanted you to do. You would do well to ignor deceitful ignorance. Thats all that is personified. Thus they hide. Your first response was the best DC, "Thanks but no thanks" and keep it movin brother.

ya can't even type on a blog in peace.

Posted by: Rob | April 20, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Rob, what business is it of yours to offer judgement? Stick to basketball my friend.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2007 12:24 PM | Report abuse

I suggest you review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions.

I'll be clear - quit with the vulgar posts or I will request you be blocked from this site and it won't be just to Lee & Carter.

Posted by: Rob | April 21, 2007 10:38 PM | Report abuse

Rob, it's a free country. Do whatever pleases you. I do.

Also, save your useless goading with "they got you...." It's almost as worthless as your point that you "will request blah blah..." If I'm blocked from the site, I couldn't give a rat's @ss.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2007 11:28 PM | Report abuse

I also noticed that you are targeting me, but didn't bother addressing the OBVIOUS point that someone anonymous is posting a link that has absolutely nothing to do with basketball, but instead is attempting to harass me. This is probably the same idiot who's made vulgar posts in the past using my name.

He/she posted the same link on several topics on this blog, following me around. Why don't you start there since you're the blog rent-a-cop.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2007 11:34 PM | Report abuse