Friday update

Well, training camp is almost over and I can't wait to hop onto I-95 after tomorrow evening's scrimmage and head home.
A few notes:

-The scrimmage is at 5 p.m. at the Siegel Center on the campus of VCU. If you come down, you'll have no problem finding the campus. It's right in the middle of town on Broad Street. Plenty of parking is available but I'd recommend that you come early and go across the street to a joint called Extreme Pizza. Very good pie plus they have beer and a big TV showing the baseball playoffs/college football. What more can you want? If I have one more slice of the stuff, I'm going to turn into pizza myself.

-Coach Eddie Jordan said his plan for the scrimmage is to split the units between starters and reserves but he added that he'd mix and match lineups from there to keep things competitive. I'm curious to see how he uses Andray Blatche and Oleksiy Pecherov. I've enjoyed seeing them play together this week.

-Antawn Jamison is questionable for the scrimmage after "tweaking" an ankle today. He also bruised his shin yesterday so don't be shocked if he gets the evening off. I think we all know what he can do by now anyway.

-I haven't said much about Brendan Haywood this week but he's had a good camp. He showed up in excellent shape and is playing hard. One interesting thing about his game is free throw shooting. Word is that new assistant coach Dave Hopla, a shooting expert, discovered a flaw in Brendan's free throw stance that was hurting his percentage. According to Jordan, Hopla has been encouraging Brendan to stay on his toes throughout his shot and not fall back onto his heels as he's done in the past. The result has been better rotation on the shot and more accuracy.

Eddie: "He's given Brendan a few keys. I heard him say: 'finish on your toes, Brendan' As much as I've seen Brendan shoot free throws, now it clicked that he finishes on his heels and I never really realized that until Dave said it. Brendan will start on his toes and then finish on his heels at the end of the shot. So now, that's what we're telling Brendan: "finish on your toes." He (Hopla) has really helped us."

-I wrote a story about the three rookies for tomorrow's paper but couldn't get everything in there that I wanted to. Basically, Nick Young, Dominic McGuire and Oleksiy Pecherov have had ups and downs typical of rookies. Right now, I would say that Pesh is ahead of the curve followed by McGuire and then Young. If I had to guess, and it is early, I would say that McGuire is the more regular season game ready player right now.
He's got a rugged builld, plays with high energy, doesn't back down an inch and his game is more defensive oriented than the other two so his adjustment to the speed of a real game should come faster. Again, that's just an early read. I'll have a better sense after a couple of preseason games.

Jordan praised Young's athletic ability, work ethic and attitude but said that he is currently running as the fifth guard behind Gilbert Arenas, DeShawn Stevenson, Antonio Daniels and Roger Mason, who has had a really good week.

Eddie on Nick Young: "He's taking a lot of ribbing. He's the first pick and through the history of time through the NBA, the rookies just get killed in training camp so, he's done a good job with that. With everything he's had to do, he's smiled through all of that. Basketball-wise, he has to sit there because Roger has played well and he's behind Roger, Antonio, Gil and DeShawn but he has terrific work ethic and attitude and he just has to keep working to get better as the days go along."

Mason is intriguing. His jump shot has looked good all week and I've seen him do more off the dribble than he did last season. That's something he said he concentrated on this summer during workouts. One note on Roger that hasn't been mentioned: he turned down a guaranteed three-year offer from the Spurs to sign a one-year deal with the Wizards. His idea was that with a good season, he can earn a better deal next summer. It's a gamble but so far, he looks like he can help this team.

By Ivan Carter  |  October 5, 2007; 2:36 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Decline In Great NBA Nicknames
Next: Scrimmage ends camp

Comments

These are great posts. Just the kind of observations that help understand what's happening. Thank you.

Posted by: joe c | October 5, 2007 3:06 PM | Report abuse

can't wait for the season to get started :) by the way, three weeks ago, i saw kevin durant at 7elevens near white flint station!

Posted by: nv | October 5, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Great info/post. Quite excited to begin the season.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Its really encouraging to one hear that Mason is going so well, and two that he was offered a contract by the spurs. I have suddenly much high expectations for him this year

Posted by: Ben | October 5, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

mason is going to heat it up this year!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

What has DSong done all camp? Is he adjusting well from getting the ball during his international play with SarunasJ. to probably not getting any touches now?

Posted by: DC Man88 | October 5, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Wow, that's very interesting about Mason. It would be something for him turn down a 3 year deal with anyone, but with the Spurs?? Maybe he felt the only thing between him and substantial playing time last season was Jarvis.

Two questions, Ivan. I've read that numerous guys came into camp having lost weight (Jamison, Butler, Stevenson and Daniels). Is that a coincidence, or perhaps an indication that this is something the team recommended, perhaps to be quicker on D or to run more?

We've read what you and others have had to say about Blatche in camp, but it's hard to know without being there whether Blatche is (1) looking good enough to break into the regular rotation, i.e., the top 9 or 10 players; (2) looking good enough to break into the top 6 or 7 players; or (3) looking starting lineup good. Can you elaborate?

Posted by: Sean | October 5, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

I'm impressed with Mason's confidence - turning down a three year deal with the spurs takes some cajones. Assuming it was guaranteed, careful saving of that money could set him up for a long time.

On the other hand, given what we are hearing about Young, sounds to me like Mason is the first shooting guard off the bench, so he will get plenty of PT. Also seems to me that his spot up game complements AD's slashing style well. So perhaps he is making a good gamble.

Good to hear that Brendan is in shape and working hard. Eddie is capable of small ball at any time and for extended durations, but this could be a big year for Brendan - Eddie simply wont have much of an option but to play him for at least 20-25 minutes a game. Will be interesting to see how Brendan reacts - will he take the opportunity given him of not having someone on the bench he can be yanked for at any minute, or will he not play hard without that sword of damochles over his head?

Can't wait for some hoop.

Posted by: charles jones | October 5, 2007 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I always thought Mason made a bad decision leaving UVa early. I hope this decision works out for him.

Posted by: DS | October 5, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

It may be pre-season optimism, but I am really looking forward to this year and watching this team. It's been said 100 times already but Blatche (or Pech) were the X factors coming in. From all the buzz, sounds like both are going to make an impact. Exciting stuff...

Posted by: scrappy | October 5, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

As always, thanks Ivan.

Posted by: k-dub | October 5, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

DS,I'd agree Mason is a classic example of a guy that leapt to the pros before his game was ready.

There's nothing harder in pro sports than jumping from being a 13th-15th guy on an NBA roster to a player finding a way to get regular playing time. Some guys like Pops are deciding to go overseas to get regular playing time instead of being stuck at the end of an NBA bench.

I guess the fact that the Spurs offered Mason a three year contract comes as surprise to some that were posting here that nobody else wanted the guy. He better take advantage of the playing time he should get early in the season because I'm sure the rookie Young will be working hard to earn some playing time.

Mason's a guy that given enough time to establish his stroke could be a three point specialist in the NBA. Sounds like Taylor is stuck as the third or maybe fourth point if Mason takes some of that time and he ends up being inactive.

Taylor looks to be a guy with an uphill battle to make this roster. With Young, Mason, and Daniels ahead of him on the bench it's going to be tough for him to dress much unless somebody's hurt.

It wouldn't be a shock to me if Taylor doesn't make a move this preseason for Grunfeld to be looking at other teams' cuts. How many years can a team justify carrying a guy that can't break into the top 12 let alone the rotation.

Might make sense to see if there's a guy out there that's a solid bench Vet like Booth was, or maybe look for a guy like Chase who might get cut and could fill a specific need

Posted by: GM | October 5, 2007 5:59 PM | Report abuse

If Brendan can keep those free throws dropping, over the course of the season it will likely mean the difference in a couple of games. How many times last season did missed free throws cost the Wizards a game?

And IC, if you're going to dig the pizza on Broad Street, get some runs in at the gym; better yet, pass on the pizza, head over to Acacia Restaurant in Carytown
(804-354-6060; www.acaciarestaurant.com), and hit those Post beancounters up, expense account style!

Thanks for the 411.

Posted by: iceberg | October 5, 2007 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Just to add, guys aren't necessarily just going overseas to get more consistent minutes, they're also going to get more money. In many cases, if you are making a minimum NBA salary, you'll end up earning more in Europe.

Posted by: newposter | October 5, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

So, Hopla discovered that Brendan's flaw was "missing terribly (the basket)" - what does that say about EJ and/or the communication between BH and EJ?

Glad to hear the news on R.Mason - hope it pays off for him.

Posted by: Shotgun | October 5, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey everyone, this is off topic but I was reading the Bobcats forum on RealGM and somehow stumbled onto this EA Sports Jersey creation website. Most of them are pretty bad, but I came across a Wizards uni that looks okay.

Check em out

Posted by: David | October 5, 2007 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Does Roger Mason have an NBA ring? I don't know if it's wise to turn down a guaranteed 3-year contract with the Spurs for a 1-year contract with the Wizards. I mean the Spurs will probably win 1 ring in the next 3 years.

Posted by: Bart | October 5, 2007 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Extrem is all right, but I would suggest Mary Angela's on Cary St. Best pizza/subs in Richmond.

Posted by: Jon | October 5, 2007 7:46 PM | Report abuse

I heard that DC Boy88's mother makes him show all the posts in response to his posts here every day. If he is disrespected, she is quite harsh.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2007 10:32 PM | Report abuse

DC Idiot88. If you read Ivan's posts carefully instead of being blinded by your anti-Gilbert perspective, you would have seen that D-Song has not been running on the same team as Gilbert during the scrimmages. So if D-Song hasn't been getting any touches (and we have no reason to believe that is the case), it isn't becuase of Gilbert...

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2007 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC Man88 | October 5, 2007 03:46 PM

Hey DC Racist88, you're anxious to find out if your boy ("he's white" you said about him, remember?) will get minutes, eh?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2007 10:46 PM | Report abuse

guys, i think that isn't the real dc man88,anybody could log in and use anybody names to post comment here. so i feel like ur guys are were talking to a ghost instead of a real dcman88. i just wish we could have some kind of like identification

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2007 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Those that post anonymously are glad there isn't a log in process b/c their mommas would be shaking at their knees! :D

Like I said before, people here love to give me attention, so bless your souls!

Posted by: DC Man88 | October 6, 2007 12:38 AM | Report abuse

So we be looking at an almost completely different second team off the bench:
AB for BH
Pech/DSong for AJ
BigMac/Pech for CB
Mason for The Rapper
AD for GA

That's an 11 man rotation, even without the Poet...do they have too much talent now?

Posted by: oddjob | October 6, 2007 1:34 AM | Report abuse

Barring a rash of injuries, Mason wasn't going to get any real PT on the Spurs behind Parker, Barry, Bowen, Finley, and Vaughan. Given the lack of established guard play off the Wiz bench, he has a much better chance of contributing here than in Texas.

Posted by: kalorama | October 6, 2007 2:46 AM | Report abuse

"do they have too much talent now?"

(A) not even close and (B) there's no such thing.

Posted by: kalorama | October 6, 2007 2:47 AM | Report abuse

Too much talent...that's a lot of optimism in a lot of questions marks

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2007 3:40 AM | Report abuse

So we be looking at an almost completely different second team off the bench:
AB for BH
Pech/DSong for AJ
BigMac/Pech for CB
Mason for The Rapper
AD for GA

Posted by: oddjob | October 6, 2007 01:34 AM

That's a rejuvenated second unit right there, probably the key to a winning season! Now all these guys can get points.

Posted by: rgz | October 6, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

With Young slated as the 12th man to dress, right now that would leave Taylor, Hall and Massenburg as the 13th-15th guys.

I'd agree with Kalorama, no such thing as too much talent. I can see that Eddie could put together a long armed, quick, ballhawking unit that could press and push pace if he desired.

Also with Songalia healthy from day one, he and Daniels will give the second unit two solid vets that can score and defend. Maybe Eddie won't have to rush his first unit back in the game so fast sometimes.

Much better balanced team than we were presenting at this time last year. If the young guys develop by playoff time this could be an exciting team.

Songalia has been looking good in camp, he needed the extra work playing overseas to get his strength and quickness back. Jordan should monitor him as the season goes on, he may need to give him a break down the line to get his legs fresh before playoff time.

But he apparently looks fresh, quick, and strong. Takes about a year to recover from back surgery and he seems right on pace.

Can't wait for the games to start!

Posted by: GM | October 6, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

It was written that Taylor STARTED at point in several scrimmages.
Not Mason. Mason is not a point guard. Nor is Young. So Taylor may be the 6th guard, but other than him there are only 2 guys who can play the point and both start.

Donell will make the team as a backup point guard.(He has 2 years under his belt and he can defend as well as get to the hoop.)

If he gets cut, he will dominate the NBDL and some other team will pick him up.

Posted by: whocares | October 6, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

The Wiz really need to sign a big soon. They cant go into the season with the only reliable one being Haywood. Blatche and Pech just wont be ready to battle down low every night.

Going back to Hollinger, I can see where he is coming from a little bit. I dont agree with 13th, but on paper our bench does look bad. We basically are relying on rookies for our "new and improved" bench. And I know McGuire and Pech have looked good, but that has been in workout and summer league......a big difference from regular games. You just cant count on rookies.

I wont even talk about Nick Young, who will never be the player he was hyped up to be. He hasnt been good at all. I even remember at draft time when Hollinger predicted success of players coming in the draft. Nick Young was ranked off the charts bad, where he could be a colossal bust. It would of been nice if Detroit took Young and not Stuckey. Stuckey will be a star, it would have been nice to have him.

Posted by: Steven | October 6, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I think they have a lot of talent, but will Jordan use it. Will he try to restrict the minutes of Gilbert, Caron and AJ so that they are fresher at the end of games and fresher at the end of the season.

Posted by: George Templeton | October 6, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Naysayers beware!
This is the deepest and most talented WIZ/Bullets team in eons.
Of course there are question marks....let me know who does not have them.
I feel BH will sparkle without the Etan distraction...the starters are familiar and talented.
The depth is the difference...no Ruffin, Hayes, Booth...but some potentially o/s improvements.
Pech/Mc/Songalia/ and a maturer Blatche, create an exciting, talented and athletic group, that I look forward to enjoying for years to come.
I still think the main concern is EJ's insights and abilities to motivate and cajole as well as balance the minutes, w/out panicking like he has in the past, and over playing the "stars" to save his neck.

Posted by: mricklen | October 6, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Too much individual talent is worthless if there's no team mentality and no chemistry. Case in point the knicks.

Posted by: DC Man88 | October 6, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I completely agree with Steven's post. While I do believe that this new Wizards squad is an upgrade over last year's, I just find it hard to think that this will be a eastern conference finals team.

And I'm with you on Nick Young too. It's funny...when I was watching the draft I was also hoping that no one would pick Stuckey. If I remember correctly, Detroit drafted him like 2-3 picks before ours and I remember cursing at them. Haha. But that Stuckey kid is gonna be a star pretty soon.

Posted by: David | October 6, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

im telling you mason is going to light it up this year if he gets the P T

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2007 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Well, Taylor is not a PG either. He is a comb-guard, or really a shooting guard who does not have a consistent J. He does have some athletism, but I'd rather see a true PG at that spot. We already have too many combo-guards.

Posted by: Sagaliba | October 6, 2007 7:06 PM | Report abuse

I'd agree with Sagaliba that Taylor hasn't shown pure point guard ability. Who starts at point for the second unit in preseason scrimages ends up being meaniningless if the guy can't manage to dress for regular season games.

Right now as I look at the roster, Taylor is going to have a tough time being in the top 12. The Wiz don't have alot of depth at the two guard, so I can't see where normally Taylor would dress ahead of Mason or Young.

Mason will have to make the most of this shot at being the backup at the two guard. I'm not 100% convinced he'll be able to handle the role, so this will be the guy's chance to establish himself in the league.

With some consistant playing time, Mason might be able to establish his three point stroke and be the kind of spot up three point shooter this team has really lacked off the bench.

I'd really like to see the Wizards take a look to see if there's a little point out there when teams make their cuts that can match up defensively against those little guys that have always given us fits.

Nothing against Taylor, but sometimes when you're looking at the 13th-15th spots it can be good to have guys that can be activated as specialists to help with specific matchup problems.

If there's not someone available to fill that bill, we could do worse than Taylor.
But, I just don't see where he fills a specific need on this roster. The guy could go to D-League and tear it up. But the Wiz can't send him there because he's already been here two years.

We could look to sign a guy that we could send down to D-League to develop and then call him up as needed. But since we're spending time talking about the third point guard this team is better off then any I've seen for a long time.

Posted by: GM | October 6, 2007 8:03 PM | Report abuse

We can only keep 12 players on the active roster. So, with 11 players almost certain to make the 12-man active squad, I think it comes down to keeping Young or Taylor.

Obviously Nick Young has amazing talent. He will be an outstanding player eventually.

But Gil's knee is a little bit of a question mark. He has made tremendous progress in rehabbing it, but still we must have depth at point guard. I say keep Taylor, or get someone better if we can find another point guard, on the active list of 12 players, until we are certain that Gil is 100%. Then later switch Taylor to the inactive list and replace him with Young. I know that Mason plays some point, but he doesn't seem suited to that position.

Here's the depth I see:

PG Arenas, Daniels, Taylor
SG Stevenson, Mason
SF Butler, McGuire
PF Jamison, Songaila, Pecherov
C Haywood, Blatche

Of course, we have guys who can play multiple positions. DMac can play the 3 and 2, Blatche the 4 and 5, Songaila the 4 and 5, Pecherov the 4 and 5, and Butler the 3 and 2. Daniels can play the 1 and 2, but I'd like to see him play mostly at the 1 backing up Gil.

For the inactive list for the start of the season, I'd keep Etan, Massenburg, and Young. We need Massenburg for insurance because Etan is out for an unknown amount of time.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2007 12:25 AM | Report abuse

I think NBA League Pass or whatever its called offered live audio of the preseason games last year on the Internet. Will this be available again this year? Does anyone have the link?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2007 1:53 AM | Report abuse

Taylor's not a PG and keeping him on the active roster does little to nothing to help the Wiz at that spot. If Arenas' knee is a problem (and every indication so far has been that it's fine) then it won't matter who the third PG is. The bottom line is that Taylor has no future with the Wiz. Young does. If there are any minutes to be had during the season that could aid his development, keeping him in a suit in the sideline in favor of Taylor makes little sense.

Posted by: kalorama | October 7, 2007 2:13 AM | Report abuse

"So Taylor may be the 6th guard, but other than him there are only 2 guys who can play the point and both start."

Since when is Antonio Daniels a starter?

Posted by: kalorama | October 7, 2007 2:22 AM | Report abuse

"If Arenas' knee is a problem (and every indication so far has been that it's fine) then it won't matter who the third PG is."

If Gil's knee is a problem, then it won't matter who the third string point guard is? This doesn't make sense.

If Mason really can play both guard positions, then fine. But if Mason can't play the point in limited minutes backing up Daniels if Gil has to rest his knee, then we're screwed unless we have a third string point guard. If Taylor can't play the point adequately, either, then we need to go get someone else. Every week I read about veteran backup point guards being signed by various teams -- it's not like there aren't any available.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2007 3:41 AM | Report abuse

For folks out of town or at work, NBA League Pass offers free audio of the Wizards games. Sign up at www.nba.com for free. The preseason games are being offered that way apparently, too.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2007 3:51 AM | Report abuse

I don't want to start an inter-blog squabble (okay, maybe I do). But this blog is so much more relevant than RI. Thanks Ivan and Michael for thoughtful insight on the Wiz and the NBA in general. Thanks to the posters for on-topic, intelligent discussion.

Posted by: KW | October 7, 2007 8:40 AM | Report abuse

"Anyway, we need a third string point guard on the active roster until we are certain that Gil's knee is 100%, and that is not at all the case from some of the reports I've been reading. Gil said that just several weeks ago he couldn't even touch a 9 foot rim. Since then, he has made amazing progress and claims he's fine -- but then I read reports that he's still hurting and favoring the knee. He also missed the last scrimmage completely."

You need to post some of these troubling reports about Arenas' knee, because every one I've seen (including the reposts from Michael and Ivan on this very blog) indicate that he hasn't been showing any ill effects. And keeping your two most important players out of a meaningless end of camp scrimmage (Jamison also sat out) to avoid the possibility of a foolish injury is hardly a sign of a problem. It's a sign of a coach with some common sense.

Also, you do understand that the current inactive list is nothing like the old injured reserved? Players no longer have to sit out a mandatory 5 games when they're deactivated. They can be put on and off the inactive list on a game-by-game basis during the regular season. So if Arenas is hurt during a game to the point where he can't go, they can just do what they'd do anyway and play Daniels the rest of the way. Then, if they think they'll need a 3rd PG going forward, they can activate Taylor 9or whomever). But until that happens, it makes much more sense to keep a guy like Young active, because he can benefit from the potential of spot minutes or garbage time minutes in blowouts to aid his development going forward.

Posted by: kalorama | October 7, 2007 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I agree that I want Young on active list. That's why I wrote that after Gil is 100%, we should activate Young and move Taylor to the inactive list.

I read that Gil's teammates were telling Gil that he was favoring the knee and limping. I also read other reports. And I've seen recent video of Gil basically standing around and passing and launching threes -- no drives to the hoop. He's not 100%.

Here's something to think about regarding Gil's knee. "It's fine," Gil says. That's spin, which is good because it's important to be positive during recovery from an injury, but it's still spin. There are many questons still to be answered, and the first preseason game Tuesday will only give a hint in answering some of them: How will Gil's knee hold up in an extremely long season full of back-to-backs, in a second season of the playoffs, in 41 minutes a game like he played last year, as our main ballhandler and scorer, for a guy who needs explosiveness to keep defenders honest, when playing defense more intensely and consistently, etc. I'm hoping he has no problem at all, but c'mon folks.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2007 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Someone on the ESPN Wizards board suggested we keep Taylor and Young on the active roster and put Mason on the inactive list. That's the best plan for now.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2007 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Re: Mr. Templeton's comment.

"But don't you think we are getting a little carried away with Mason's supposed progress. I hope his gamble at not taking the Spurs offer works out, but Mason needs to shoot 40 percent or better from 3 for him to help the Wizards."

To: George Templeton: Yes. Very wise.
As transplanted Wiz fan - have to live/work in San Antone. Wiz Insiders - The operative word in Ivan's article was "HEARD" Mason got a contract offer"

What NBA player thats been around league - literally doing nothing for 5 yrs....would turn down a guranteed offer with the NBA champions? because? "His idea was that with a good season, he can earn a better deal next summer." How nuts does that sound?

Please lets be real. There was no contract offer to Mason cuz he's still here otherwise he should have taken it. He was struggling to get on anywhere.

More like Self-Promotion.

Masons bio says it all: He jumped to NBA "early" for cash like all others.. after 2 yrs of college IF that: considering. That was 2002 - One yr after Arenas. Both 2nd rounders.

Just imagine - Now I understand why GA is so cocky. There is no comparison between the two. There are lots of mediocre players like Mason with approx same exp as GA but have not advanced their game. GA too didn't do well his 1st yr or so but look at his game now. Mason has no real game & has not progressed. Oh sorry - he progressed over the summer..

In 5 yrs his game point average is 2.5 pts last yr. Career high? 18 pts. In five yrs - career highest 18 pts? and A 34% shooter. I'd say George Templeton's wise & correct. In 5 yrs in & around league..still can't find the rim but an occasional 3? We've got rookies coming in the league averaging better. I'd say put more focus on starting 5, Dom, Pech, Song, AD and Blatche. Develop Rookies.

Sorry - Feel Wiz could have done better.

D. Jones transfered to Celts - from Griz - 6'6 210 check out his averages. In league less time than Mason..We should have checked him out....

Posted by: Gayle T | October 8, 2007 5:14 AM | Report abuse

>> We can only keep 12 players on the active roster.

The league rule is that you can keep 15 players, but can only activate 12 before the game.

The distinction between active and inactive is not very meaningful since it can be changed from game to game.

Posted by: Sagaliba | October 8, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse