Live from Naptown

Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal (knee) and Troy Murphy (achilles) are out for tonight's opener against the Wizards here at wonderful Conseco Fieldhouse. In Wiz news, Eddie Jordan named Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison as the team's captains for the season. Jamison was a captain along with Etan Thomas last season. Jordan said he talked about his choice with Gilbert Arenas and Antonio Daniels before announcing the decision and said that both vets were on board.

Nothing really newsy to report from the pregame lockeroom. The fellas looked pretty loose. Darius Songaila clowned my shirt, asking if it was my Holloween costume. Antonio Daniels threw a fake punch into a laughing Antawn Jamison's back and they both giggled like kids about to go trick or treating. Most of the other guys were in the own world listening to music. Rookie Dominic McGuire broke into a big smile when we asked him about getting ready for his first regular season game. It's a pretty big moment for McGuire and Nick Young.

I didn't see Gilbert because he was in the back getting loosened up by one of the trainers. Eddie looked pretty relaxed as well when he talked to us before the game. I asked Eddie about his rotation and he said he'd likely lean heavily on his "top eight guys" a group that includes the starters as well as Songaila, Daniels and Andray Blatche. However, DeShawn Sevenson just went down holding his left knee and Young went in to replace him. I'll update when I get some news on DeShawn. Update: I have news. DeShawn is back from the lockeroom and back in the game.

By Ivan Carter  |  October 31, 2007; 7:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: chat at 2 p.m.
Next: After big shot a tough loss

Comments

I have never been the biggest Haywood fan, but if he could replicate what he has done so far tongiht for the other 81 games, the Wizards will confound the experts again! Still the defense needs a hell of a lot of work (big shock there).

Posted by: George Templeton | October 31, 2007 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Haywood is beasting the boards.

Posted by: Smith | October 31, 2007 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Holy crap, the Wizards have been awful, but what a huge shot by Arenas. Now take your second chance and win this #$@#$#@$#@$#@$#@ game!

Posted by: George Templeton | October 31, 2007 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Gilbert...dagger!

Posted by: Mo (Cleveland) | October 31, 2007 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Ernie,

Do NOT trade Gilbert.

Love,

Jim

Posted by: Jim | October 31, 2007 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Gil's kind of hijacked this overtime with two terrible jumpers that he missed and a missed free throw.

The Wizards, despite the outcome, should be absolutely disappointed in their performance tonight against an undermanned opponent. Missed free throws late. Missed 3-pointers all night. Terrible late-game defense. Terrible late-game rebounding. Complete collapse. They play like this Friday, Boston is going to blow the Wizards out of Fleet Center.

Posted by: Colin | October 31, 2007 9:48 PM | Report abuse

What a terrible loss! Absolutely awful. Double teaming Jamaal Tinsley?!?!?! Jamaal freaking Tinsley??!!! What the hell happens to this team in the fourth quarter that they give up a slew of offensive rebounds and miss a bunch of FTs. They seem to do ok in those depts. for three quarters and then the fourth quarter and it all goes south.
Oh and lets add making that bum Dunleavy look like an all-star and utterly refusing to guard Danny Granger beyond the 3-point line.
This game looks like a lot of losses from last year and that is not good. It is just one game, but to see some of last year's bad habits repeated is bothersome to say the least.

Posted by: George Templeton | October 31, 2007 9:56 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if I ever saw a team hit a momentum building game tying shot to send it into OT and then just plain fizzle. 15-3 OT run by the Pacers at one point. That just is plain sad.

Posted by: Larry | October 31, 2007 9:57 PM | Report abuse

This is probably a terrible overreaction to that travesty of a game, but I need to revise my 51-31 prediction: 41-41. I say that because, although I believe the Wiz will get better offensively (they couldn't be much worse than they were tonight), all the talk of defense was a CROCK. It will always be, I fear, when you have Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison on your team.

I lost count of the number of open jumpers Indiana had. The Wiz, beyond a few players, just don't care.

Again, probably a horrible overreaction on my part. But there's no commitment to defense at all. Why is Randy Ayers on this team?

Posted by: Keithinator | October 31, 2007 9:57 PM | Report abuse

This is why you need players like JCN. Someone who can come in and shoot 3's consistently. Deshwan play good defense but heck, other team continue to pour points from the outside so what difference does Deshawn defense make? I know this is just one game but seriously, if Pollin really wanted a championship, he would had have to pay whatever to get there and I felt JCN would've been a great additional to our offense. Anyhow, we'll see how the Wiz do for the next few games. As of now, there's no excuse to this lost -- the wiz been together for 3 years now while the Pacers have players injuried and are still trying to put pieceses together. No way should we had lost this game -- now way!

Posted by: DeMj | October 31, 2007 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Hey George... The Wiz made all the Pacers look like All Stars tonight. I thought we were going to see some D this season. I guess I bought the hype.

Posted by: Larry | October 31, 2007 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Blatche sure showed tonight why he shouldn't be included in a Kobe trade, 2 points. That should bring him back down to the planet in everyone's minds. I WILL NEVER INCLUDE BLATCHE IN A KOBE TRADE!!! ROFL.

B-Hay was just plain ill, 10 points 13 boards 50% field goals, but still getting robbed of minutes. 29 is way better than he got last year, but he should be getting 40.

Posted by: MikeBHay | October 31, 2007 10:01 PM | Report abuse

DeMj--- JCN isn't having much of a game tonight. 11 minutes, 3 points, 1 steal, 2 assists, and 2 TO's so far. Not sure if I would want to pay him above and beyond. We'll have to check back later on him.

Posted by: Larry | October 31, 2007 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and losing to a depleted Pacer team is pathetic. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. If it is, EJ will be fired come January.

Posted by: MikeBHay | October 31, 2007 10:02 PM | Report abuse

That's so true Larry. I wasn't expecting great defense, but I was expecting better than last year. Too much to hope for I guess. And I tell you this, I can't believe how poorly Caron Butler played down the stretch. A terrible turnover where he got himself trapped on the baseline and turned it over, and 3 missed FTs in a row. Yikes! I would think that is an aberration.

Posted by: George Templeton | October 31, 2007 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey Bhay, look at the total line. The kid played 12 freakin' minutes. Give me a break, man. That's all on EJ. If this kid played well in preseason, and if he's supposed to be a key part of the rotation, than EJ has to play him for long stretches, not for 12 minutes. That's on EJ, not on Blatche. So read the whole stat line, not just the points.

And DeMj, Stevenson is logging big minutes, either. If he's the defensive guy, he needs to be playing, but just like last year, he's absent late in the fourth quarter and in overtime. He needs to be out there either to play on ball, or to lock down the outside. Again, that's on EJ. Navarro wouldn't have helped. He just would've given up point after point after point, and the Wizards don't need that. They already have Gil and AJ.

Posted by: Colin | October 31, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

I think we need to chill out. It's one game. Wiz would have won if Caron had made some FTs or didn't have an uncharacteristic amount of turnovers. Gil will get better. Caron will be play better. It's dumb to second guess JCN or Blatche already.

Posted by: Smith | October 31, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Terrible... Same ol' story. Can't guard the perimeter. How many times can you leave Granger, Daniels or Dunlevy open in the corner for 3. C'mon. Terrible loss. And why are people helping on Tinsley. Just back off him and let him shoot. He's got a terrible jumber. Make him shoot it. Don't let him penetrate.

Posted by: M.E.G. | October 31, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

I meant Stevenson ISN'T logging big minutes.

Posted by: Colin | October 31, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

No firepower off the bench. A problem the last couple years. EG gave away Hughes, Atkins and Dixon for nothing. JCN for next to nothing. We need a veteran 2 that can come in and light it up, especially cause DS is such a zero. Why didn't we go for someone like Pietrus in the off season instead

Posted by: Wind Rider | October 31, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, having a veteran guard coming off the bench who instantly lights it up every time would be nice. What was the team thinking in not picking a guy like that up?

Posted by: Smith | October 31, 2007 10:12 PM | Report abuse

It's not firepower that's the problem! It's defense! Let's all understand this.

Stevenson hardly played. Brendan, who was very effective, again was underutilized. 25 freakin' minutes. In that time, he had 10 points and 13 rebounds, including 11 offensive. But he plays less than half the game.

Has a coach ever been fired after one game? Jordan again went small ball at the end, when we need rebounds and a presence in the paint. He just doesn't know what he's doing out there (and no, that isn't an overreaction to the game. I, and others on this board, have been saying it since early last season).

Posted by: Keithinator | October 31, 2007 10:15 PM | Report abuse

I was dead wrong about us beating this team. I was not wrong about this being a poor Indiana team, however. We made the same mistakes defensively that we made all last year. We still give up open shots repeatedly. I'll keep saying it... we are NOT a defensive team with the lineup we have. We'd be better off trying to outscore people like the Mavs teams of a few years ago. Tinsley was too quick for GA and there was never anyone in the paint to help out. Same story as last year. We have to try something else. Also, guys had time to set their feet and focus on those 3 point shots. Same issues for the past few years. Either we keep this lineup and go all offense or we sit some people down and try to concentrate on defense. I like Caron's effort and Aj's effort but they are scorers only. The rebounds were nice on AJ's part and I have no complaints about him tonight but he's clearly a threat only on one end of the court. Who was guarding Granger? All preseason we saw teams light us up from 3's. What the heck is going on with that? Extremely frustrating. Also, why did BTH play only 25 minutes? He was pretty effective out there. Was he winded? Our rotation still needs work, Eddie. NO way we win in Boston on Friday or here against Orlando if we play the same D. Any team with a couple 3 point shooters will kill us.

Posted by: mark | October 31, 2007 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Wow! Dissension and panic after one overtime loss on the road!!! Where will this gang be if the Wiz is 0-3 on Sunday?

Posted by: joe c | October 31, 2007 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Colin,

I am with you on Eddie. It is the same thing that happened last year where players should get more minutes especially Blatch. Still, if we are Phonix of the east, then JCN make sense. Let's be honest, the wiz will and never will play solid defense with the players we have now. Bulter is probably our best defensive player then deshawn, Blatch, then Haywood.

Again, I know it is early but how many times we have to saying that every year. start fast by winning not by giving excuses.

JCN or Dixon would had kept us going I am sure of this.

Posted by: DeMj | October 31, 2007 10:23 PM | Report abuse

My god the overreactions. This a Redskins chat? Football has a PG position?

My voice is raw, the Wiz did nothing to win, and it seems the officials did little to help. Granted, it's hard to tell with Buckhantz calling the game.

Anyway, it's clearly too early to figure out what the team has, especially with their history as a slow starter. But everyone in the building, at home, and Greg Anthony all have to know that the open three in the corner is coming. Why in the name of Damon Jones can they not defend it?

Looked like the frontcourt got the job done. Let the shooters get some rhythm and we'll see a better team. Then maybe we'll forget that the Wizards, just like everyone, can't beat Joey Crawford on the road.

Posted by: Jim | October 31, 2007 10:23 PM | Report abuse

I bet if we were to read comments after losses last year we'd see the same stuff. We were all talking about open 3's last year and defensive deficiencies. At some point, it's time to make someone accountable. I know it would be overreacting to talk about EJ's job after only one loss but I'm with Mike Wise. If we don't do something this year, he gotta go. I'd be saying the same thing if we'd won this game in overtime, There's no way this team should beat us even with all of their players healthy. With Murphy and JO out, it's a traveshamockery ! This commitment to defense aint working and won't work with this team. Playing BTH will help but how about playing man defense without doubling anyone? Maybe that would cut down on the open 3's and at least help identify who isn't playing defense. The only way we win playing D with this team is starting GA, Deshawn, Blatche, McGuire, and Haywood. Of course we'd score 72 points a game but we might win 72-65.

Posted by: mark | October 31, 2007 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Mark, love the travashamockery reference! One of my alltime favorite commercials.

Yup, same as last year. And the Wiz don't really even come down into the paint. They kind of sag near the lane and wait for the other team to shoot, so they can get back on offense. That's really where they want to be.

As to overreaction to one loss, it certainly is that, at least on my part. But it felt so much like last year in terms of indifferent defense, and Eddie not understanding that Haywood is important to this team, and needs more minutes. He also, yet again, went smallball in crunchtime. He hasn't changed a lick.

Posted by: Keithinator | October 31, 2007 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Amen, Mark!

This team has been together long enough to win against a team like the pacer with 2 of their key players out. I don't care how early the season is, you must attack to win because this win or lost will count later in the season. Do you think the pacer not cheering by this win saying 'hey it only one win?'

ah, let see how the wiz do the rest of this week. Maybe I am going through an emotional trauma by the lost to New England. New England sure showed what 'killing instinct' means and neither the Skins nor Wiz showed that yet.

Posted by: Demj | October 31, 2007 10:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it is an overreaction at all. The same problems that everyone has mentioned through out last year (unfortunately including EJ's questionable rotations).
Did my eyes deceive me or did we see, yet again, Jamison at C or was it Songaila down the stretch. Either way that is not a good lineup late and how do we not see offense-defense substitutions using MacGuire on the defensive end! It is all very frustrating.

Posted by: George Templeton | October 31, 2007 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Very frustrating game to watch. Haywood looked pretty good. Blache had a great block and could have controlled the middle more if given more playing time. But no...smallball with Songalia guarding Foster or Harrison was the coach's decision. Why not put Blatche at the 4 and Haywood at the 5? Why not put McGuire in to try to slow down a Dunleavy or to put a hand up in Granger's face? Jamison was a beast on the boards for the first half, but he needs to get more rest.

I have a feeling we are gonna see the same thing we saw last year. This is quite discouraging. We will probably even beat the Celts and thus think all is well.

I said all summer that attitude and killer instinct were very important for us and after today it is clear that we don't have it. The Pacers had 2 starters missing and beat us. That is the bottom line. So it was on the road. So we took it to overtime. NO EXCUSE!!

Posted by: BmoreRev | October 31, 2007 10:46 PM | Report abuse

I meant to say: The same problems that everyone has mentioned through out last year (unfortunately including EJ's questionable rotations) are coming to the fore again.

Posted by: George Templeton | October 31, 2007 10:47 PM | Report abuse

It was only one game, but it was not exactly what the customers were expecting!

It will be a while before we know the truth about Wizards 07-08, but low turnovers were one of our strongest suits last year, and so was decent free-throw shooting, which means you have to feel a bit uneasy.

Combine high turnovers with bad free throw shooting, blend in our traditionally poor defense and over-reliance on the"big three" and, voila... we dine on a dispirinting opening night loss to a team we beat three times last year, a projected NBA bottm feeder, playing without its best player... but (aha!) with a new and savvier coach...

Posted by: khrabb | October 31, 2007 10:49 PM | Report abuse

With no j oneal and t murphy, pacers roster was d league esque and we couldnt punish them? With all the hype surrounding this team, nice dud to get it going.

Posted by: Todd | October 31, 2007 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Just one game of course, but its obviously worrisome when we see the same old weaknesses happening again right away. The point of keeping the team together a long time is so that experience gets us started right away, like the mavs did tonight. But everyone thought we needed new personnel at the big man position in the offseason, and it didn't happen. We hoped our players would develop but, despite good rebounding (crazy offensive boards) the defense is just not there with this group. Its partly Eddie, he's not a great defensive coach obviously. But its also the guys on the team. In the end, its about the players; watching the Nuggets right now, they got bigs that play defense. Until we get caliber players like that, not happening I'm afraid, no matter how much we score.

Posted by: Andy | October 31, 2007 10:54 PM | Report abuse

I love this post. we play piss poor defense barely make a free throw and the(excuse my choice of words and this dosen't apply to all)dumb sh*ts on here are already calling for more offense.
Amd one person calling for Blatches head when dumb fu**king EJ didn't even hardly play him. Get a damn life. Defense and freethrows and turnovers is where this game was lost. We double teamed guys then instead of recovering to get back we kept the double 20 feet away leaving a man wide open. And with Blatche he played good D. He had 2 nice blocks in 12 mins. I'm not sure what the hell Ej is doing. We went through all this rotation stuff in the preseason and the big 3 all played 40+. three other guys got 20+ and everyone else played spot mins. Not to mention we shot horrible but that may come along. I know this was just the first game or atleast I hope thats all it was.

Posted by: the truth | October 31, 2007 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Wizards didn't look too sharp. If Arenas, Jordan and co. wanted to be considered a legit sqaud, these are the games they win. Period.

Posted by: Stick | October 31, 2007 11:01 PM | Report abuse

I'll jump on the overreaction bandwagon: the best thing that can happen to this team is a 5-15 start, followed by firing the lame duck walking Jordan, and finished off with a semi-blockbuster trade (not blowing up the team, but maybe moving a veteran, a young un and a pick -- enough to scare some people out of their comfort zone, and patch some holes).

This looks like a team that has some very bad habits and can't get out of them.

Posted by: mik_ | October 31, 2007 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Well stated. GM, coach and players seem to be in the comfort zone. Already heard the apologies in the postgame, Just one game, could have gone our way. Blah Blah Blah. You win these games if you are going to "contend." Not good sign.

Posted by: Hanley | October 31, 2007 11:08 PM | Report abuse

I agree with all who say we are not overreacting. EJ continued right where he left off last year with stupid small ball. B-Hay was totally underutilized as many have said here tonight. The guy was a stud and yet isn't in the game down the stretch when it counts the most.

I was worried when I read in the Post this morning the quotes from EJ about how he "can't raise his voice" for the ridiculous reason that the players know him. Well why even have a coach then? This reminded me of a couple years ago when Jamison was shooting like 10% from 3-pointers 2 months into the season and EJ said "I can't tell him to stop shooting 3's, he's an all-star." More proof that EJ is not up to the job of coaching this team.

Posted by: MikeBHay | October 31, 2007 11:23 PM | Report abuse

The starters did not run the offense at all in the 3rd or 4th quarter...can't balme EJ for that. That said, AJ is money and still the most reliable person on this team; they would be well below .500 this season without him.

The subsitution patterns (what patterns?) did not make any sense and there did not seem to be any game plan in OT....you can blame EJ for that. Not one of EJ's better efforts, for sure...but hopefully he will learn quickly.

Posted by: oddjob | October 31, 2007 11:29 PM | Report abuse

Glad most on the board understand this is more than just cause for concern. We have a very serious issue with the coaching staff not being able to motivate this group to come out and play hard, team basketball for 48 min, on opening night for God's sake. EJ is a players coach and simply cares to much about bonding with everyone. You cannot lay back with this team and expect them to self-motivate to play defense as a team and run the friggin offense. How many times a game does Gil need to come down and jack a 19 ft j without anyone getting a touch?

Haywood brought the energy tonight but he was limited in minutes, possibly because EJ is concerned that a 20 and 18 line would go to the kid's head. I love Caron but he killed us tonight with the missed frees down the stretch. He needs to get called out for it.

Finally and with utmost paranoia, This is the kind of game that makes me wholly question whether this league is on the up and up. Talent disparity is just too great to say "on any given night".

Looking forward to the next episode on Friday.

Posted by: Dr. Strangelove | October 31, 2007 11:34 PM | Report abuse

I don't have a probelm with Caron missing those HUGE free throws late in the game.

What I do have a problem with is once again seeing Jamison and Songaila at the 4 and 5 down the stretch. - EJ, ARE YOU FU*KING KIDDING ME? - Why did we not play Haywood who had monster of a game? He DESERVED those ending minutes. And why not throw in Blatche? We got blasted on the boards in the fourth quarter leading to those easy second chance points.

Did anyone else notice that Deshawn just kind of dissappeared? I still cannot understand how Eddie continues to play smallball when the game is on the line. I think there was one point late in the game when we had AD, Gil, Caron, Twan, and Songaila in. Does EJ honestly think that squad will get him any stops?

I wont go so far as to say fire the coach immediately because ultimately that will kill the Wizards chance of a serious playoff run. With a new coach learning a whole new system midway thru the season will NOT make this team any better. And we all know what Gil's gonna do if we dont do better...

LETS PLAY SOME FU*KING D!!!

Posted by: David N. | October 31, 2007 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and can someone else try to figure out why Mason was playing in OT?

Posted by: David N. | November 1, 2007 12:07 AM | Report abuse

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY ...?

oh wait ... that's just rain.

Look, it's the first game of the season, on the road. They looked rusty and out of sync. I'm shocked, shocked, I say.

Were there things to be worried about? Sure. Despite all the lip service, the defense still stinks. They took too many long quick shots, didn't get anything going inside. Will that improve as the season goes on? Maybe. Maybe not. Can't really say after just one game.

But here's what will improve:

Gilbert's FG percentage. Gilbert's FT percentage. Caron's FG percentage. Caron's FT percentage. The number of turnovers.
The comfort level of the young guys.

Big props to Haywood on a solid game. The 10 off. rebounds were nice. Even nicer was what he did with them, or rather didn't do. He didn't rush up bad, off balance shots in traffic or dribble the ball off his foot trying to drive through a crowd. He took one look to see if he had a lane or a shot. If he didn't, he kicked it out and got the offense restarted. If he plays like that every night, he might actually be worth something.

Nothing in the game was either terribly surprising or horribly upsetting, given that it was only the first game of the season.

Did I mention that it was only the first game of the season?

"EG gave away Hughes, Atkins and Dixon for nothing."

No matter how often people say this stuff, it's still not any closer to being true. Dixon and Hughes weren't given away, they left as unrestricted FAs. Atkins was awful for the short time he was in D.C. He played himself out of the rotation then publicly whined and complained about how he didn't want to be here until Grunfeld had no choice to dump him. He couldn't get anything in a trade because Atkins had a sizable contract, a noxious attitude, and was playing like crap.

Posted by: kalorama | November 1, 2007 12:12 AM | Report abuse

I was really encouraged by the hustle Brendan showed defensively and on the boards. Really an excellent game. And Andray was brilliant: his passing, post moves, blocking, hustle.

So why didn't we see more of those guys, and why weren't either or both of them on the floor at the end of the game?

And when the team is clearly struggling to contain the low-octane Pacer offense, why is AD out there instead of Stevenson, and why is Darius at the 5 instead of Brendan or Andray?

Very poor coaching decisions by Eddie, very poor shot selection by Gilbert, very poor defense by Gil and Antwan, and very poor free throw shooting by Caron.

Posted by: Prazak | November 1, 2007 12:14 AM | Report abuse

I didn't see the game, so I can't say much. But I will say this:

Phoenix started out 1-4 last year. Orlando started out something like 13-4 last year.

It's early, and in the NBA any team can beat any other team on a given night - especially opening night, at home.

Posted by: Washington Ball | November 1, 2007 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Dallas started out 0-4 and ended up with the best record in the NBA.

Posted by: kalorama | November 1, 2007 12:40 AM | Report abuse

Fools! No matter how you slice it, the wiz are weak. Lead by a shoot first guard who misses most often, defense-averse power foward, and a center who got beat continually down low by Ike 5'10 Diogu. The starting lineup needs to change or else...it is that simple. Insert Blachte and bring AJ off the bench for more firepower now! Songaila can play backup center or Pesh as the case may be..

Posted by: Anonymous | November 1, 2007 12:46 AM | Report abuse

DavidN, they released everybody else and resigned Mason as their "3 pt assassin" Claims he'll "Lite them up" from 3 pt range. Passed on JCN. UGh@#$#^$

I said last yr and earlier when they resigned that guy..Mason was part of that sorry tailed bench LAST YEAR that played like crap down the stretch - Media - Ivan Wise, Kornheiser called for dismissal of the entire bench(including Mason)exception of Daniels, Song, Blatche, Pech, Ruffin
He's D league material if that. Is he married to Eddie's sister or somethin?

They got beat again by a depleted team minus their primary players and struggled to even the score..de ja vu
Where's ZAZA?

George - what happened? You started out so optimistic..then I notice your blogs went south...DE JA VU huh?

Posted by: Bill | November 1, 2007 3:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bill | November 1, 2007 3:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 1, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"Kalorama - interesting you're trying to be optimistic. Yes its only one game. Tell that to the Raptors, Hornets, Dallas, Spurs, Houston - Somehow they felt they should try to win & they did. they keep it in perspective and emphasize TEAM. Wizards might try that."

Yeah, because it was of course so obvious that the Wizards didn't care about winning and didn't even try, right?

Spare me, please.