Young to start?

Roger Mason Jr. is listed as a starter at guard in place of the injured Antonio Daniels, who sprained his right MCL on Thursday night at Miami and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks, but I'm hearing that Nick Young will start along with DeShawn Stevenson tonight against Sacramento. Not Mason. The reason, according to the person I spoke with, is that Eddie doesn't want to put Nick Young, Dominic McGuire and Andray Blatche on the court at the same time. He'd rather have a vet like Mason out there with the young guys. Stay tuned.

FYI: someone on the blog asked about 10-day contracts. The first day teams can sign players to 10-days is Jan. 5. It's possible that Ernie will go add someone like Mike Wilkes, but I wouldn't count on it. Besides, I just chatted with Antonio and he's in good spirits. "No way I'm missing a month," Daniels said. "That's not happening. I already feel better on it today than I did yesterday." I'll say this: No player on this team takes care of his body better than Daniels and he's been durable throughout his career.

By Ivan Carter |  December 15, 2007; 5:50 PM ET
Previous: Seeing Theus Takes Me Back To My Youth | Next: Grunfeld "likely" to sign a guard

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Ivan you shoudl listen to me, man. Thats what I wrote in the last blog comments.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 15, 2007 6:05 PM

without gilbert AD has handled this team really well, running the offense and calling the plays and such, he will def be missed...but it will be exciting to see NY start and get more minutes over the next couple games the same with Roger who has been stellar off the bench

Posted by: Suns | December 15, 2007 6:11 PM

AD's gotta be doing something right with his body.
Seems like every game I see that I'm surprised that he can get up after being knocked down.
Tuff cookie.
He's gonna be missed no matter how long it is.
EJ's starting lineup makes sense.
I guess that's why he makes the big $$$.

Posted by: VB Hoops | December 15, 2007 6:15 PM

hindsight being 20:20, but who wishes things had turned out the spanish combo guard this offseason?

Posted by: AV | December 15, 2007 6:22 PM

Why AV, you think he could play the point just b/c he's small? I don't think so.

Posted by: newposter | December 15, 2007 6:24 PM

...because Navarro is averaging 1.9 assists and 1.82 turnovers.

Posted by: newposter | December 15, 2007 6:37 PM

I remember the '94-95 team playing great after injuries to "key" players. Those injuries never stopped, though. (I think Bob McCann was starting with at least 1 other CBA player). We need the injuries to STOP! I see 10-day guys coming soon.

Posted by: Shotgun | December 15, 2007 6:58 PM

Nick Young is a more athletic, younger, and better scorer than Navarro (scoring 1 less basket/game while averaging 10 less minutes), is cheaper, and is locked up for 4 years.

Posted by: Wei | December 15, 2007 7:53 PM

Thanks for the Daniels update. Sounds encouraging.

Posted by: Robert | December 15, 2007 9:44 PM

"You will forget about Navarro just like everyone eventually got over Kwame Brown and Patrick Ramsey.

Posted by: Wei | December 15, 2007 07:53 PM "

That's true for any player on this roster.

Posted by: DC Man88 | December 15, 2007 11:09 PM

Posted by: Wei | December 15, 2007 07:53 PM "

That's true for any player on this roster.

Posted by: DC Man88 | December 15, 2007 11:09 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | December 16, 2007 1:58 AM

"anything to make you sound a little smarter huh? too bad, you're just showing everyone how desperate you are to post idiotic stuff. so everyone will forget Gil and Caron really soon too huh? DCMoron, you really can't that stupid, can you?

Posted by: | December 16, 2007 01:58 AM "

Hey stupid, why don't you wait until Les BouleS win something before assuming that any of these guys will be memorable.

Posted by: DC Man88 | December 16, 2007 12:12 PM

I luv Gilby! Do you think he notices me when I wink and smile and sashay around at the games?

Sashay! '-)