Thursday update

Caron Butler did not practice today and Coach Eddie Jordan said that he "probably" won't play tomorrow night in Cleveland.
"We want to see him through a practice and see how he reacts after a practice," Jordan said. "So, that's going to be a two-day process. From my standpoint, from what I understand, it won't be a decision made overnight. It's going to be a process of him going through a physical process and then a recovery day. And then we'll see where he is on a recovery day."

Antonio Daniels (ankle), DeShawn Stevenson (knee), Gilbert Arenas (knee) and Etan Thomas (sternum) also did not practice today leaving eight healthy bodies for practice. Daniels and Stevenson have both said that they expect to play through their injuries but Jordan made it clear that they aren't 100 percent.

"They are hurting," he said. "They needed the day off. We have two guards who are playing on one leg right now."

By Ivan Carter  |  February 21, 2008; 1:35 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Trade Deadline update
Next: One More Shopping Hour Remaining

Comments

apparently, there's a process...

;)

Posted by: hmmmm | February 21, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

What a mess! What a mess!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by Ivan Carter | Permalink | Comments: (1)

Are you telling me somebody like Wilks can not help this team on two 10 day contracts and also another 2 guard to two 10 day contracts to give AD and DS time to heal?

How is two 10 day contracts going to affect the luxary tax cap issue? I am not talking about signing them to the remainer of the season!!!! I am totally lost on this. Ted Leonisis please come and save us and Ernie!!!!! This does not make any sense!!!! How cheap is Abe anyway???

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | February 21, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Ivan! Make them STOP! I've run across, more than once today, rumblings of Philly aiming to clear cap space in order to make a substantive push for Gilbert! As an insider, what can you tell us about how seriously Ernie and the organization view these threats? Converserly, in spite of what he's said, surely Gil's interest is piqued...

Posted by: Eric | February 21, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Based on Jordan's comments, I assume we can pencil in Daniels, Butler and Stevenson for 46 minutes each tomorrow night.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 21, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

EG's hands are tied by the owner's unwillingness to go over the luxury cap to help the team. They're praying Butler and Arenas are ready to play by March 1st instead of making a move. Mgmt. has already given up on the season which is obvious to anyone who listens to what Eddie is implying when he's interviewed. Don't be surprised if he leaves along with Gilbert and AJ after the season. The players and fans deserve better!!!

Posted by: RS | February 21, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

"So they are running 4 on 4 practices, right? Is that what you are telling us???And you wonder why they can not execute plays at the end of a game, because they can not "PRACTICE" game time situations!!!!! Wow, if I did not know any better I would have thought the Wiz were a JUCO League Team instead of a real NBA Team.

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | February 21, 2008 02:07 PM "

PRACTICE?!?! Are you talking to me about PRACTICE?!?!...

LMAO...all time best quote from AI.

All jokes aside, Abe has proven to us that he's trying hard to find a balance between not being considered a joke franchise, while maintaining some sort of fan interest to keep his franchise in the black.

It seems to me that for Abe, cashing in on that luxury tax money windfall means more than bringing a championship to this city. That way, he can be akin to Marion Barry...Les BouleS owner for life.

Teddy "Big bucks" Leonsis, take a seat and much on some popcorn...this show can't be worse than AOL going down the gutter.

Posted by: DC Man88 | February 21, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

pujrsqtc xhjvsda uefw biyt skimbhpog xurctlo tfsq

Posted by: lqaehs hcansjxol | May 12, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

eumol byqxmh mpkdb sijbgczoy yeluvgtp rhfikclub vfhz http://www.fywmvhgd.botg.com

Posted by: hayrlc bfsz | May 12, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse