A win is a win, Soulja Boy a Wiz fan?

It was an ugly, disjointed, poorly-officiated game with no flow but the Wizards emerged with a 87-86 win over the Orlando Magic and they won't be saying sorry.

The game's deciding play was fitting. Hedo Turkoglu, who scored a career-high 39 points and made seven three-pointers, drove left past Caron Butler with less than five seconds remaining, tried to slide between Butler and a quickly helping Brendan Haywood and threw up a right-handed scoop shot that barely grazed the rim.

Eddie Jordan on the final play (the Wizards didn't double team Turkoglu and risk leaving someone else wide open): "Everybody had different ideas but we said: just play our basic package and play it well. You can out-coach yourself sometimes, you can just out-smart yourself. Just play your basic defense and do it well. Don't have any breakdowns and just get it done."

One key to the play was that when Haywood left Dwight Howard to go double-team Turkoglu, DeShawn Stevenson slid down and put a body on Howard. That allowed Butler to grab the defensive rebound and the game was over.

Butler also got all kinds of physical with Turkoglu as the Magic originally tried to inbound the ball to him with 9.2 seconds to play.

Turkoglu: "I got hit before that (when he took the shot), twisted my arm. Part of the game, I guess. In the end, it was kind of a tough angle for me. I don't want to settle for a jumper because right before that, they fouled me."

The Magic shot a dreadful 33.8 percent. Dwight Howard finished with three points and 14 rebounds (none of them offensive) and was flustered by Haywood, Darius Songaila, Andray Blatche and the refs. Amazing stat of the night: coming into the game, Howard led the league with 239 dunks this season (Amare Stoudemire was next with 160) but tonight, Superman had no dunks.

"I think it's the flopping," Howard said. "Some of the things, I understand. People can beat up on me, and nothing happens. But when I touch somebody, I get calls. I try to talk to the refs but it doesn't seem to do any good. I really can't focus on that. It's only one game."

One huge key was the way the Wizards came out of the halftime locker room, started moving the ball around and got rolling. The first two buckets of the half were products of Butler assists and the Wiz went on to score 31 points in the period with 13 field goals that were the product of seven assists. Old-reliable Antawn Jamison made six of seven shots in the 3rd and scored 15 of his 31 points. The man now has 38 double-doubles this season after finishing with 21 all of last season. Can you say contract year?

Oh, and if you thought the DeShawn Stevenson-LeBron James beef was dead, think again.
In the locker room afterward, Stevenson was asked about the possibility of facing the Magic or the Cavaliers in the first round (it wasn't me) and he took the bait.

Remember, after Stevenson called James "overrated" folllowing a game between the teams last Thursday, James responded by saying he is above such mess because that would be like his hero, Jay-Z, lowering himself to respond to the rapper, Soulja Boy. So, in one neat quote, James dissed Stevenson and Soulja Boy. Well, Stevenson is embracing the Soulja Boy role.

"I hope we play Cleveland," Stevenson said. "I'm going to get Soulja Boy courtside seats and have him wear a DeShawn Stevenson jersey. Maybe (James) can have Jay-Z there since LeBron's all on his (shorts) anyway."

Stevenson wasn't done.
"And tell LeBron to cut that beard off and stop copying me."

So, given tonight's outcome and the potential for a very interesting series between the Magic and Wizards (who should have Gilbert Arenas back by then according to Arenas himself) or, a series between Jay-Z and Soulja Boy, what do you want?

By Ivan Carter  |  March 19, 2008; 11:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wizards at Magic, more Gilbert
Next: NBA's March Madness Good Enough For Me

Comments

I actually took away some positives from tonight's game.

1. Wizards defense stepped up in the second half.

2. With the exception of Turkoglu, they didn't give up too many open 3-point shots.
(Lewis 1-9, Nelson 1-4, Cook 0-2, etc...)

3. Haywood's defense on Howard. It's starting to look like Haywood has figured out how to play him....

4. Eddie's reliance on Haywood, especially in the second half. (33 minutes tonight)

Some other observations:

He only played 8 minutes, but McGuire covered Turkoglu pretty well. He got rubbed off on one screen, but otherwise played him tough. In a 7-game series, I could see Eddie using him as a defensive stopper.

Nick Young looks like he's pressing.

Butler is obviously still hurt, and not playing at 100%

That was a very poorly officiated game, with both sides getting shafted on bad calls.

The clock operators in Orlando were obviously homers. With 9 seconds left, the clock never started when the referee handed the ball to Orlando. 3 Seconds went off the clock before it started, AND at least 6-7 seconds went by before Orlando threw the ball in-bounds.

Eddie's substitution patterns (big minutes for Haywood, Jamison, Butler and Stevenson tonight) suggest that he may be thinking
the Miami game will be one he can use his bench extensively. Watch for Blatche, Young, Mason, McGuire and Songaila to get major minutes against Miami.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 12:23 AM | Report abuse

"I think it's the flopping," Howard said.

Flopping?

When you lower your shoulder into the sternum of the defensive player (Haywood), and bowl him over - that's called an Offensive Foul.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 12:26 AM | Report abuse

It was definitely a foul, but Haywood definitely did some acting as well. I laughed when I saw the replay. As soon as Haywood's butt hit the floor, he very clearly used his hands to push off and send himself sliding backwards, to add dramatic effect.

Posted by: kalorama | March 20, 2008 12:37 AM | Report abuse

I'm with DS, I want the CAVs in Round 1!

Posted by: CK | March 20, 2008 12:50 AM | Report abuse

Do they even sell Stevenson jerseys?

And why would he want to play Cleveland? So he can go 9 of 46 again and get swept?

Posted by: Soulja Boy | March 20, 2008 12:55 AM | Report abuse

Soulja Boy up in this oh!

Posted by: Lebron Who? | March 20, 2008 1:17 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Juan Carlos Navarro would have blocked out Dwight Howard.

C'mon we don't want the Cavs in Round 1, then we'd be playing the referees, David Stern, and the network execs who won't let LeBron go down in the first round of the playoffs.

Posted by: juandixonformvp | March 20, 2008 1:53 AM | Report abuse

This guy must be on something and I demand David Stern to have him tested. Who in their right mind would want to piss off lebron and co. especialy since the wizards have lost 2yrs in a row to lebron. We are talkin lebron vs deshawn stevenson I mean this has to be a joke, right?

Posted by: cavsrule | March 20, 2008 5:36 AM | Report abuse

Shut up and let LeBron ride, Deshawn !!

Posted by: Jay Z | March 20, 2008 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Damn Lebron! "Ain't" NOBODY scared of frigging Lebron. Yes, he got game, but he's human like everyone else. If people players would stop marveling at him and start playing him straight and quit being afraid,you will see he has his weaknesses too and can be stopped. Even thought his billboard tells eveyone to be a "witness", he is not God. He is a man just like everyone else. I applaud Deshawan for at least having enough "Kahoona's" to not bow down and give in.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 7:54 AM | Report abuse

Again, it's funny/sad how someone was up at 1:51 AM making a post using my name.

-------------------------------------------

With regard to DS, I think that was a heckuva comeback. He'll have to back those words up though, but I hope to see a Les BouleS - Cavs matchup, and surprise, I'll be pulling for my Les BouleS to upset the reigning East Coast Champs!

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Great piece by Ivan, but Ivan probably will get blamed for setting up DS. I recall BTH was upset last season when he got set up also for commenting about wanting to get traded this past summer, and then when it hit the press, BTH wasn't commenting to the reporters anymore.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

I love it, love it, love it. I love Deshawn's jawling and intensity (and his box out of Howard--dang straight JCNs not going to do that!). On Haywood giving Howard a hard time tonight--if the boy could maintain these flashes of brilliances we'd really have something. I have to say I'm very glad that EG didn't send BTH packing this offseason. Whether we pull the Magic or the Cavs in the playoffs, I have high hopes for a great series.

Did anyone see the pregrame introduction for AI in Philly? I didn't know Philly fans had it in them.

Posted by: Lou | March 20, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Hey Deshawn, Lebron was rocking the beard in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Posted by: Tom from C-Town | March 20, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

In a post last week, I said that I thought Philly had very little chance of overtaking the Wizards since their schedule was "brutal".....

They are proving me wrong. They've been impressive with wins over Detroit, Chicago, San Antonio and last night over Denver.

The 76'ers still have a very tough schedule to close out March, with:
At Orlando
Home against New Jersey
At Boston
Home against Chicago
Home against Phoenix
At Cleveland

But, after this Friday's game at Miami, the Zards are facing Detroit at home, and then go on that very tough 5-game West Coast trip.

We could be looking at a Wizards team in 8th place by April 1... or, if Toronto keeps stinking up the place, and Philly cools down, they could be in 5h.

It's getting exciting.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Howard was having a bad night, but that was one heckuva monster block against Caron during the final seconds. Wow!

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

David v. Goliath series coming up. I want to see the Wizards play the Cavaliers in the playoffs with a healthy Arenas. That way - they can pull the upset!!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Impressive win last night. Takes the sting out of losing to the Hawks the other night.

Loved the comment from Deshawn. Don't back down from Letravel.

Posted by: Wizzz | March 20, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

This is jumping the gun, but if Les BouleS play the Cavs in the first round, and a team with Gilby can beat the Cavs, that would go a long way to justifying his demand for a max deal.

Les BouleS might be forced to give it to him b/c the public outcry from the peanut gallery could be as bad as the public outcry with the Juwan Howard debacle.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

If the Wiz beat beat the Cavs - or anyone in the 1st round then AJ deserves a monster payday. If Gilby is just an assist man, and Caron and Ad are playing obviously hurt - then our only chance is AJ playing out of his mind (like he is) for the rest of the season AND the playoffs.

Witness...AJ

Posted by: Cballer | March 20, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Witness...AJ

Posted by: Cballer | March 20, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Witness...AJ

Posted by: Cballer | March 20, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

People were saying that AJ won't get more than 10-12 mil come this summer. With the way he's been playing, he's probably going to get more, a lot more.

The question will be whether Les BouleS will do whatever it takes to keep AJ, and try to sign Gilby. AJ is reportedly Abe's favorite player.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Gotta give props to AJ last night. The man is a beast, He brings 110% every night. He's my MVP this year. His efforts, I believe are overlooked by many. I hope he remains a Wizard until he retires.

Love the comments from DeShawn. This team needs some fire, haven't had it in a long time.

If Gilbert does come back this year, I just hope he does so four or five games before the playoffs begin. This will give the team a chance to get in sync with him again.

Looking at the remaining games for the Wiz and the teams battling for playoff position, I believe the Wiz need to go on a 10-5 run these last 15 games. This will be tough especially because of the upcoming West Coast trip. We have to beat all the teams at or below .500 and get a couple quality wins against some of the better teams in the league like Detroit, Boston, and that last game of the regular season at Orlando.

Posted by: The AntiDCMan | March 20, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

I hope it Cleveland as well. I think it'll be good for the Leastern Conference to have 2 up and coming young teams trying to kill each other. Kinda like the old school pistons and bulls. And even though Deshawn is the only one who spoke up, I think its bothering a lot of the Wizards how the Cavs put them out last year (especially Caron and Gil).

Posted by: C.Bell | March 20, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

WOOOOOW!!!

DeShawn gotta be the dumbest person ever!!!

Why would you fuel LeBron???

What happened when they would do that to Jordan??

DeShawn is the biggest piece of poo ever and the worst part about it is he thinks he is even in the same galaxy as LeBron.

LeBron is gonna poop is the Wizards mouth for the 3rd straight year then it maybe he can blow his brains out because he is a waste of oxygen.

Posted by: Tha Truth | March 20, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Awww, Widdo DeShawn, I'm sowwy WaBron hurt yo' feewings. But wememburr, you aww da fohth best pwaya on yo team! WaBron is wike da fiff oh six bezt pwaya on his team. Don't cwy DeShawn - ewwll get im neggs time.

Posted by: 9 for 46 | March 20, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

who is this steve stevenson guy? sounds like a tool. yeah, good luck Wizards if you play the Cavaliers in the first round. YOU DO NOT want to piss off LeBron, which Steve alreay did. Good luck with that.

Posted by: ricky shade | March 20, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Big ups to the Wizards for bringing the physicality -- D-Song's battles with Howard...Blatche waking up in the 2nd half. It was all good.

Posted by: truthaboutit.net | March 20, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I want the Wizards to face the Cavs again in the playoffs. It has to heppen, the bulls had to overcome the pistons, the pistons had to overcome the celtics..so the Wizards has to overcome the Cavs to be able to move on in the playoffs.

Posted by: Robert C. | March 20, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad DS is not scared of LeBron, someone's got to stop being scared of him and step up. Let's hope DS backs it up if the Wiz meets the Cavs in the playoffs.

Posted by: TU | March 20, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

If we do meet Cavs in the playoffs I hope DS will bring his A game in the series because he surely have LBJ's attention. He'll be looking stupid if he'll be like a dog who's all bark and no bite.

Great win last night....more like a steal for us. I still believe Magic is a tough match up for us. Speaking of "overrated", I believe R Lewis will be one of top of list. He's just a pure shooter and when he's not in a groove (like last night) then he's just like an average player. Another season and we'll hear some booos from the Magic fans.

Posted by: Dave | March 20, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Jamison is playing like a man who wants to get paid. The thing is, he's already been paid. I think that can be translated to a guy who is wrapping up his peak years and is still hungry. Gotta love it.

The good news is the Wizards are the best situation for him, (barring a Celtic-like re-tooling in his hometown, Charlotte).
Hopefully, they will offer him a decent deal because I think he still has a couple of strong years in the tank, to be followed by several nice journeyman years. I like the idea of Blatche and Jamison competing for the minutes at pf. Good for both guys.

Posted by: Pauly B. | March 20, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

The Cavs get to one NBA Finals (only because they were lousy enough to get the 1st pick of the best lottery era Draft ever), and look at how elitist their fans become. I hope you guys enjoyed your trip to the Finals last year, because it will be the last one you see for a while. Too bad it only lasted 4 games. LeBron may be one of the best players in the league, but your GM has surrounded him with has-beens and never-weres. Good luck with that. Oh wait I forgot some donkey named Booby is coming to save the season. HA!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Ivan,

This has been going on all season, with the team either turning it over, or throwing extremely dangerous desperation passes because the 5-second count is up and nobody is open. The fact that Jordan and his staff have yet to make any adjustments to this lingering issue is an exasperating one, and I fear it could cost us a playoff game if we don't make adjustments.

I have seen almost every game this season, as I know you have, so I know you're aware of what I speak of. I know that you don't want to be negative when the team and the coaches have done a great job in lieu of all the injuries, but this problem needs to be addressed.

Please, please, PLEASE bring this up to Eddie and ask him (challenge him like good reporter are supposed to) if/how he plans to make adjustments to this problem.

Again, thanks for the great coverage of the team!

Posted by: ledell's place represent | March 20, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

"Would it even be an upset if the Wiz beat the Cavs in the first round with Gilbert back? I don't think so.

Posted by: | March 20, 2008 11:05 AM "

Why wouldn't it be?

Gilby still hasn't made amends for costing the team when he missed those 3 free throws. Then, there was the sweep last year.

That's like saying Les BouleS ending their 0-16 streak against Miami b/c Shaq was hurt and Dwade was out injured shouldn't count.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

The Wiz can easily take the Magic or the Cavs. The key is getting Butler and Arenas healthy. If those guys are 100%, bring it Bron Brown and Superman. Your 1 man teams are no match for the Big 3!

Posted by: Dellis | March 20, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

The Wiz can easily take the Magic or the Cavs. The key is getting Butler and Arenas healthy. If those guys are 100%, bring it Bron Bron and Superman. Your 1 man teams are no match for the Big 3!

Posted by: Dellis | March 20, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Please address more fully:
The Q&A yesterday said that the poet had a setback. Is it health, or that he encountered pain, and is probably through for the year?
There is a poll asking where we think AB is hurting the team. Is he hurt, sulking because he isn't starting, or?????

Posted by: lrmc623 | March 20, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Dellis - I don't think you can call Orlando a 1-man team. Turkoglu is an All-Star caliber player this year, averaging 20 ppg, 6 rpg and 5 apg - - - and Rashard Lewis is not bad either (18 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 apg).

NO - Let's hope the Wizards can play well enough to catch Toronto and will play Cleveland in the first round. At least with Cleveland, you only have to worry about 1 guy.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I thought there was a rule in the NBA that a player had to be 1 year removed from High-School to be in the league???

How is it that the Wizards were able to get a cry baby on your team? That fake bear....oh crap that's real? Not only did the Wizards get a Junior-High Player kid on their team, they got the weird one that grew facial hair and chest hair in the 3rd grade that creeped out his peers for years.

Great Job Washington!!! If the Wizards go any younger they can @ least start considering trashing the horrific GOLD jersey for Pampers.

awwwwweeee cwwy babbyyy deshhhhhawwwwnnnnn feewingggss soooo huuurrrrtttt

**Slaps Deshawn the Baby in the face with my 10 year old nephews hand & knocks him in his place**

Not that i don't want to watch the Cavs punk you guys again, but to be honest everyone in Cleveland is sorta tired of watching your sub-par crappy team in the playoffs.

Funny how Washington fan tries to talk smack to Cleveland fan....because your teams are traditionally so unbelievably great. Hell i can't remember the last time you didn't win a championship...it happens every year after all.

**K.O Cry baby Deshawn by throwing a goldfish my nephew one @ a penny fair @ his fishermans beard; "holy crap dude just got punked by a goldfish??? what a baby"

Posted by: Rainbow Brite's Baby Boy | March 20, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Cleveland fans posting on the WaPo Wizards blog!!

Interesting.

They must be concerned that Cleveland will be meeting Washington AGAIN... but this time, with a full compliment of players... Not a crippled, shell of a team.

I can think of no other reason for them to post here.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Tell your boy Stevenson he needs to remember he is a journeyman player who last year against the Cavs shot maybe 20percent while Lebron was torching him. As for Gil the man who thinks way to highly of himself, that was him getting punked by the Cavs 2 years ago when we beat you guys again, hope we do play you guys again as you are a easy step into round 2 and it will be fun watching Stevenson guard Lebron, oh that's right 3 of the wiz guard him at all times, a lot of attention to pay to a overrated player Wiz fans. Your team is great at talking, but they may want to try to back it up once.

Posted by: Brian McCoy | March 20, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Brian McCoy | March 20, 2008 11:54 AM
============================
Yeah, who does DS think he is, Damon Jones?? 3-piece chicken on a platter

Posted by: CN | March 20, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

...yet here you are on our blog. Interesting. You don't see any of us blogging on Miami's team site. Why is that? BECAUSE WE"RE NOT AFRAID OF MIAMI ! The fact that you're here means you must be trembling a little bit at the prospect of playing the Wiz. I don't blame you. That trade your guy made stinks. Wally stinks, Ben Wallace stinks. Your team consists of a great player and a good one. And we all know that Haywood has Z's number.

Posted by: mark | March 20, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Cleveland sports 2 claims to fame:

1. Jim Brown played for their football team 50 years ago

2. Charlie Sheen had a hell of a fastball

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. No Cleveland fan has any business jawing about championships in any sport. Cleveland is the doormat of every professional sports league in the country. Even as a city Cleveland is a run-down ramshackle claptrap of a wannabe city. If some DJ hadn't coined the term rock-and-roll there fifty years ago they'd have no Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and nothing at all to put them on the map. Not that Cleveland had a d*mn thing to do with rock and roll, but whatever. Punk city, punk sports franchises, the marketing people might as well try rebranding the place. "Cleveland: Punk'd in the 21st century".

Posted by: Prazak | March 20, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Cleveland Sports Curse

There is an alleged curse on the city of Cleveland, Ohio that prevents them from winning a major sports championship. To this date, it has been arguably the biggest sports championship drought in any U.S. city. The last Cleveland title came in 1964 when the Browns won the NFL Championship. The Cleveland Indians last won the World Series in 1948 and the Cleveland Cavaliers have never won the NBA Finals, most recently losing in 2007 to the San Antonio Spurs. Some of their most infamous failures have been dubbed a title, often with a single word preceded by an ominous "The." Amongst locals and even sports fans in general, The Catch, Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, and The Shot all evoke images of Cleveland sports futility. Less famous outside of Cleveland, Game 7 of the 1997 World Series, is commonly referred to as The Error (briefly known as The Mesa).

Red Right 88 does not share the nomenclature, but the heartache is the same.

The Cavaliers' recent loss to the San Antonio Spurs was not due to a single play or misplay but simply a superior opponent, yet the sting of the loss still resonates in a city searching for its first major championship since 1964.

Only time will tell if the 2007 American League Championship Series will be reduced to either "The Collapse"[5] (for the series loss to the Boston Red Sox, despite being up three games to one) or "The Stop Sign" (due to Kenny Lofton being held up by third base coach Joel Skinner, as he likely would have scored the tying run in the late innings of Game 7) in Cleveland folklore.

Cleveland's misery is so detailed, that in 2004, ESPN named Cleveland the most tortured sports city.

The cause for Cleveland's misery is not 100% agreed upon, although some trace it to either Rocky Colavito's departure to the Detroit Tigers in 1960, or Jim Brown's stunning retirement from the NFL in 1965 to produce the World War II film The Dirty Dozen.

Posted by: Wikipedia | March 20, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Damnon Jones with his country funny looking egotistical self. Why would Deshawn want to be that loser. Can't compare him to Dapper Deshawn. No comparison at all. Cleveland Cavaliers are a bunch of country bumpkins!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Great coverage, Ivan. You are really insightful.

When Cleveland gets a couple of championships (or even one) under their belt than they can talk all of this crap..
Otherwise STFU.

David v. Goliath 2008 - Bring it on Cavs!!

Posted by: Cedric | March 20, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Good article, Ivan. However, your comment about the poor officiating followed by only complaints about calls/non-calls from Hedo and Howard give the impression that most of the bad calls favored the Wiz. I can't imagine that was your intent, as anyone who saw the game would have to agree that the Wiz got hosed on waaaaaaay more calls. There were a couple of obviously bad calls against the Magic, but IMHO those were make-up calls for some of the downright criminal calls that went against the Wiz. Basketball has to be the worst officiated sport on any level.

Posted by: WizKid | March 20, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Basketball has to be the worst officiated sport on any level.

Posted by: WizKid | March 20, 2008 12:57 PM

On the other hand, Baseball is not as fast as Basketball. Football and Hockey each have instant replay.

Give the NBA Coaches 2 replay challenges, like in Football, and the NBA could get it right too!

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

THe core of tough minded Vets that Ernie has brought to this team prevailed again. Last night's game was the kind of brutal ugly affair that the Wizards always wilted at.

This playoff race is really getting interesting, if the Wiz could get hot Cleveland's not out of reach at 4th. Struggle on the road trip and they could be battling for eigth.

Rob P, officiating crews have flat nights too. That group kind of lost control of that game, and really effected the rythem trying to get it back. They couldn't decide how they wanted to call it all night.

That's the kind of game where the Wizards have been quilty of letting the zebras get in their head. They did a good job of staying focused on getting a win and getting out of town. Eddie must have threatened to put them on curfew last night in South Beach if they lost.

Important not to have a mental letdown in Miami, the Wiz need every game they can get right now.

Posted by: GM | March 20, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

NBA games need more official eyes. Stick with the three full-fledged referees. Then they should add line judges to keep track of things like three-second and lane violations, when players step out of bounds, and whether that long jumpshot was a two- or three-pointer. If tennis can afford line judges, the NBA certainly can.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Pretty funny stuff. I am not sure why LeBron cares what DS says, and as for the beard they both look like Abraham Lincoln. Shave an do not look so stupid.

Posted by: Mike B | March 20, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Jamison is not going to get more than 10-12. No one can pay him that unless its a sign and trade with Washington. In that case, the Wiz get something back anyway. But no one is going to pay that because he's not worth the same to other teams at his age. The bigger concern is having him to go a contender for pennies.

The key to DS's talk is backing it up with physical play and dishing out contact, not allowing free lanes to the rim. One without the other doesn't work. Its also a given that DS will have 2 fouls, maybe 3, in the first 6 minutes the next time he plays the Cavs.

Why is Lebron, the king, talking to Drew Gooden about DS? Sounds like somebody is in Global Icon's head.

Posted by: Monte | March 20, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Bring on Cleveland!

Posted by: Janitor | March 20, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

During the 3rd and 4th quarter I was starting to think I was going to have to blast Eddie again for playing small ball to long and not giving AB any minutes in the first half and whole 3rd quarter, except spot duty for Haywood when his contact came out.

But as Eddie has been doing the last 2 months he corrected himself and got AB some minutes in the 4th and did not leave Songalia in against Howard when he came back in. I think Eddie has finally started to see the light....!!!

2 months ago Eddie would have keep that small ball lineup in the whole 4th and not play AB at all to teach him a lesson like he use to do with Haywood. Instead, Eddie made his point and that about the team and hopefully did not make it personal.

AB must have really ticked Eddie off because his minutes are dropping with every game now. Granted, I am not seeing anything from AB the last two to three weeks and that is maybe one of the factors in his decreased playing time from Eddie.

Ivan, could you try to find out some more information on why OPEC was the first to check in at the 5 last night vs. AB. If that was the case Eddie would have had OPEC sub for Haywood that hot minute when his contact came out. Why have AB come in for one minute and then sit him all the way to the 4th quarter? That sounds like doghouse to me.....

Eddie keep up the good coaching job and don't make the AB doghouse thing run too long like the Haywood saga the past two years. I think you have made your point with the youngsta and he should now straighten out and fly right now.....

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | March 20, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Oh yea I forgot. D Stevenson, I am loving it man.........!!!!! I think with this kind of smack talk going I would not mind seeing the Cav's in the first round.

Again, I short changed you this summer and thought the Wiz should not resign you. My man I was wrong!!!! I am glad to see there is somebody out there who is not "scarrrred" of the "King of Traveling"!!!!!

Keep talking that smack like you did down Barry Farms this summer with that dude under the basket in the crowd, I'm loving it.....!!!!!!

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | March 20, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

The only reason you won the series two seasons ago Cleveland fans was the eight steps on the baseline at the end of Game 5. That won't happen this time, maybe after all the refereeing scandals, they Cavs won't get every call because of LeBron like they did a couple of years ago. Robert C. had it right, the Wizards have to face up to the Cavs and slay that demon, if they want to progress. So lets have Cavs-Wizards III in the playoffs!

Posted by: George Templeton | March 20, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

One of the things I liked most about last nights game, aside from the defense, was Blatches effort. He did not get many minutes and did not get inserted into the game until late. Ordinarily, his head would not be in the game and he would just go through the motions. Last night though Blatche came in and made a real difference in limited minutes. I hope that was a sign of things to come and his increasing maturity level.

Posted by: Berg | March 20, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

haha this whole convo is really funny...you wiz fans are so upset. the cleveland cavs couldn't care less about you! You are an afterthought! i wish you guys would have let us know that you all treated last weeks game like the finals or something. it sure isnt osu vs mich more like davidson vs duke. as for DS he is garbage just say his name outside of dc or cleve and most people would be surprized he is still in the league. The best part about all this is the fact that agent 0 will be the one knocking ya bums out next season slaping hands with the king haha

Posted by: seriouscavsfan | March 20, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey seriouscavsfan. Nobody here is taking Cleveland seriously. Quite the opposite, we got Cavs fans here on a Wizards board whining about a Wiz player. You think any of us are wasting our time on Cavs boards?

Don't flatter yourself: nothing in Cleveland is of any interest to anyone who isn't from Cleveland. But if it helps you to salve the open wounds of your epic sports and civic failures, so be it. Go ahead and rub a little of that LeBron balm on your whipped behinds.

Posted by: Prazak | March 20, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rainbow Brite's Baby Boy | March 20, 2008 11:47 AM

Funny to witness your "Savior" CRY about a little foul Haywood put on him in the last game like some kid stole his halloween candy...lol WITNESS THAT!

Stevenson never said he was comparable in any way, he just said he was tired everyone laying down to the LeTravel hype. Make him earn it.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Cleveland fans care so little about the Wizards that they take the time to find a Wizards blog, then take the time to post on that blog. You guys seem to care about the Wizards more than you care about correct spelling and punctuation. Or is it that everyone in Cleveland is illiterate?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Cleveland fan you are friggin crazy if you think Gil wants to come to Cleveland to play. Now, that's too funny. Even Hughes wanted the hell out of that stinkhole,even with all of the money you guys forked over. When askes what was there to do in Cleveland, Hughes said, go out to eat. What a bore that place is. By the way,we will see who is still laughing when Lebron skips town in 2010 and breaks the heart of the Cleveland fan. How about that?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

These Cleveland trolls are a hoot. I remember that after LeBronski missed that 3-pointer, out of curiosity I went onto the Cleveland PD web site. They were running down LBJ as if he'd just lit the Cuyahoga River on fire again. Absolutely zero loyalty from those idiots. I'm sure Knicks fans will treat him better, though.

Posted by: John Brisker | March 20, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

"It was definitely a foul, but Haywood definitely did some acting as well."

In NBA you need to flop to get the offensive foul called. If you don't flop, ref would not even blow the whistle!

Anyway, Haywood played Howard well. (He also played him in their first meeting , but not the second.) Howard's only field goal was against Songaila. BTW, Songaila was lucky that he wasn't called for foul on Blatche's block of Howard's shot. He completely lost where Howard was.

Posted by: Sagaliba | March 20, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I am proud of Deshawn!!

Let Lebron earn his legend and if that means hard fouls and getting into his head; then thats whats it means...

Every great player earned it!!
Let him earn it b/c if I were the coach, I would have never let anyone score 25 straight points without at least a big time HACK!!
And this is what playoff bball is all about!!
He says he's the man, well prove it!!

Posted by: I am not a witness!! | March 20, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I believe the poor spelling and grammar can be attributed to the prevalence of severe mental retardation in the greater Cleveland area. At least that's my diagnosis.

Posted by: Dr. Thickman | March 20, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

"It was definitely a foul, but Haywood definitely did some acting as well."

Posted by: Sagaliba | March 20, 2008 03:14 PM

Ain't that the truth Sagaliba. Witness Daniels running into Garrity last night. Daniels falls down. Garrity still standing. Foul on Garrity, even though he had position.

No wonder there's so much "flopping" in the NBA.

For a definition of flopping, look in the Webster's Dictionary - it shows a picture of Anderson Varejao.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Vlade Divac is the best flopper of all time, bar none.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Wizard fans have to be the dumbest fans ever. You all WANT the Cavs in round 1? Do you LIKE losing in the first round every year? Your team sucks, healthy or not. You have too many punks on your team and too many guys who shoot terrible FG%'s. You better hope Arenas is not healthy, he only makes the team worse. The only reason you guys gave the Cavs a series 2 years ago is because it was lebron's first playoffs. He's past that now. He has his eyes set on bigger things and he isn't going to let the freaking Wizards stop him. You'd have a shot at upsetting Orlando.. you have NO SHOT of upsetting cleveland. Especially now that DS is calling out lebron. Ask Bosh's gf and cousin how that went..

Posted by: Dumb Fans | March 20, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

LOL wizard fans still complaining about lebrons "travel" in game 5.. HE DID NOT TRAVEL IN THAT GAME. He did travel in the previous game, but only because he got punched in the stomach before it and there was no foul call, so it evened out. As for game 5 it was so CLEARLY not a travel.. wizard fans are morons

Posted by: Right | March 20, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I rag on NBA refs (even though NCAA is even worse) because IMO they make the most amount of blatantly erroneous calls. The fact that the nature of the game lends itself to a lot of calls being made (more so than in many other sports) only compounds the problem. The more calls that need to be made, the more opportunity to mess them up.

I can appreciate how difficult it is to officiate the games. It's very fast moving, there's a lot to keep track of, and sometimes the ref just doesn't have a good viewing angle. In fact, I'm surprised at some of the calls they're able to get right. I'm not complaining about the calls that are difficult to make even when viewed on replay. I'm talking about the calls where the ref is 4 ft. from the action, has a perfect angle to see the play, 2 players are isolated 1-on-1, and he totally botches a call someone could've made from the stands. Every time I see a replay now of a call I don't agree with, I always look to see where the ref was that made the call and what he was looking at to get a sense of why he called it the way he did. I just get disgusted watching a ref make a bad call on a play that happened right in front of his face that was so obvious. Worse yet is when another ref farther away from the play makes the call (when the ref in better position didn't) or he overrules the ref who was closer and had a better view.

My biggest problem is consistency. If you're going to call the game a certain way, just be consistent about it. I don't even know how many times I've watched an obvious foul on a guy driving the lane not get called, the ball is turned over for a fast-break the other way and a ticky-tack foul is called at the other end of the court - all in the span of a matter of seconds. I mean come on. Such inconsistency to me in such a short time tells me that refs aren't just calling them how they see them.

Posted by: WizKid | March 20, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Oh and BTW the reason cavs fans are here is because of Stevenson's comments.. not because we are affraid to play you in round 1 lol. WE WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THE WIZARDS IN ROUND 1!! That's much better than a healthy Toronto team

Posted by: yep | March 20, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I almost want DCMan back...

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Much ballyhooed curfew (1am):

Coach Eddie Jordan said his players responded well to last night's 1 a.m. curfew, but that he'll allow them to have some fun in Miami when they arive tonight, following the flight from Orlando. "Curfew, I think they liked it," Jordan said. "I think they understand that we care, that we're doing everything that we can to make this a business approach. Tonight when we get to Miami, they can have some fun and then Thursday night they'll have another curfew. But I think they like it, they understand it. Players always want discipline and they know that we're all in this together to perform as well as we can." Washington Times

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 20, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

So - you see Stevenson's comments about "His Majesty".... and, come to the Wizards blog.

See some comments that Wizards fans would rather see Cleveland (with their ONE All-Star, and a bunch of scrubs) rather than Orlando and their loaded team...... and get riled up about that?

Cleveland better hope to see Toronto in the 1st round, because if they see a healthy Wizards team, they'll be exiting early.

If the Wiz get Boston in the 2nd round, I like their chances with the match-ups, but against Detroit or Orlando, I think the Wizards are overmatched.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Dumb Fans... root for your team and argue that they'll win all you want, but you're only damaging your credibility by making moronic homer statements that the Wizards suck even when they're healthy. The Wizards, when they were healthy last season, had the best record in the East heading into the All-Star break. The wheels fell off when Arenas and Butler were lost after that.

This year, Arenas has missed almost every game and Butler upwards of around 20 and they're still playing .500 ball and in the play-off hunt. You think the Cavs would be anywhere near .500 or even sniffing the play-offs if Lebron had been out all year and your 2nd best player had missed almost a 1/4 of the season? Let me answer that for you: NO!

IMO, when healthy, the teams are very evenly matched and you can make an argument either way about who would win. Don't just make idiotic comments about an opponent just because you're rooting for your team. If you want to make an argument, try constructing one with some logic and facts.

Posted by: WizKid | March 20, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Let's see how the Cavs do when Lebron is out. They're barely getting by with Ilgauskas out.

Posted by: Prazak | March 20, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

logic and facts.

Posted by: WizKid | March 20, 2008 04:17 PM

Here's some more logic and facts to support your argument WizKid.

Last year, Cleveland was a very good defensive team. (5th in the League in points allowed). Last year, Washington was almost last (28th in the League).

This year, Cleveland is not even close to being what they were defensively.....AND they still have trouble scoring the ball.

And Washington's defense has improved - to 11th in the League.

Last year the Cav's swept Washington 4-0, and all but 1 game were very close in the final minutes.

Stevenson had a TERRIBLE playoff series. Arenas and Butler were injured. Haywood was in the dog-house and played very few minutes. The bench sucked. AND THE WIZARDS STILL PLAYED THE CAVALIERS DOWN THE THE WIRE.

Fast forward to this year. Imroved defense. Improved bench. Improved Foul Shooting. Butler is back. Arenas should be ready by the playoffs. Stevenson is playing very steady. Haywood is playing significant minutes. Jamison is playing better than last year. AND CLEVELAND GOT WORSE, compared to last year. (Traded away Gooden, who was their only real inside threat - especially considering how well Haywood plays against Ilgauskas).

Yeah - If I were a Cleveland fan, there's no way I'd want to see Washington in the 1st round.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dumb Fans | March 20, 2008 03:51 PM

Yo Dumb Fans. All you Cleveland fans are faling to realize one thing, Larry Hughes is gone now. Why am I mentioning Larry Hughes you may ask??? Because Larry knew our offense and defenses like the back of his hand and he was giving you all of our signals and play sets everytime you played us.

Why do you think we were handling you guys the last game we played without our best player on the floor? Larry was gone to Chicago by then and you then had nobody out there "calling" our offensive sets in order to gain an advantage on the court.

To add on, the Cav's could not function with out LaTravel. What happened early in the year when you played us and LaTravel was out injured? We routed you and there was not even a game.

Now, look at our squad where we lost our two best players for large amounts of the season and we still were able to stay afloat. Who has the better team 1 through 10? Notice I did not say 1 through 14 or 15 because our owner is a spend thrift and we have to use our assistant coachs to run real practices because he won't sign players to replace our injured ones.

Lastly, all of the world and the refs are now clued into LaTravels "walks" and "bunny hops" and the calls will now be made. Thus taking away half of his game. We want the Cav's, We want the Cav's....!!!!

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | March 20, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

DeShawn has lost his damn mind... In a good way.

Posted by: Fenty | March 20, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Some more facts for the Cleveland folks to ponder...

Drew Gooden always played well against Washington. He killed them every time they played, especially on the offensive glass.

He averaged 12 points (on 61% shooting!!) 10 rebounds and 3 assists per game in the playoffs.

Where are you going to make up that production in the Post? Wallace? Varejao? NOT HAPPENING!!!

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Don't tug on superman's cape, Deshawn.

I remember this one time Bryon Russell called MJ Michelle.

Funny how that worked out.

Posted by: Colin | March 20, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

When did Deshawn tug on Dwight Howard's cape?

Posted by: Owl Wizard | March 20, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Enjoy the free night in South Beach, Wiz.

Then take care of bizness against the Heat tomorrow, yes?

I am with Michael Lee, though I still do NCAA pools for the heck of it. The NBA is still The Game.

Just to reinforce, I was watching a reasonably decent European Champions League game tonight... top Greek team beat Real Madrid... but, hey, the "elite" players were, uh, Lynn Greer, Marc Jackson and Loren Woods for the Greek team (who also had the big stiff, Tsakalidis) and Louis Bullock was the man for Madrid, in short, end of the bench players in the NBA, nome sayin'?

Posted by: khrabb | March 20, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

"Thanks for all the coverage, and continuing updates on Gil (as well as attempts at deciphering his comments on if/when he's coming back). I do have to ask you though why you continually omit from your articles and blog-posts the fact that the Wizards have throughout the season had a lot of trouble inbounding the ball from a side-out at the end of close games (including last night)?" - ledell

Right on, man! I have started pointing this out the last few weeks. Don't get it!
These "plays" are after timeouts too! I saw one last week where every single Wizard broke for the baseline. I was thinking, "What kind of play is this"?

AS far as DS is concerned, thank god!!!!!
I love the toughness and grit he plays with night in and night out no matter if his shot is falling or not. He brings it and is tough. Kudos!

For those who are saying he is crazy and should not upset the "king", quit being a wuss! Every team that backs down and is scared of a team or player is a loser!!!!

As the real "king" MJ pointed out in an ESPN article, the NBA has got to stop anointing stars or comparing them to the greats BEFORE they accomplish anything. LeBron has done NOTHING yet, but still struts his stuff as if he is a 6 time champion. He thinks he is the Jay-Z or Tiger Woods of the NBA already. NOT!!!

Finally, don't tell me he took them to the NBA finals by himself. While that statement may be true, it is also true that that team had probably the EASIEST road to the finals EVER. Congrats!!!! Ain't happening again.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Colin you need to check your enthusiasm. Or at least check how Lebron clanged a 3 of the rim in the last few seconds last time he had a chance to win the game. My dear fellow from stinky Cleveland, Lebron is no MJ.

Posted by: Mani | March 20, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: truth | March 20, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

didnt we beat you two weeks ago with 2 dleague players and devin brown, damon jones and e snow in the starting line up? oh and your great d let damon jones drop 27 while laugh and clowning around...i would be pissed too!

Posted by: dleague | March 20, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, truth, nobody in D.C. is going to be jealous about anything coming out of Cleveland.

Posted by: Prazak | March 20, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Truth - you "beat all the goods teams"....

Are you trying to say that Cleveland has beaten ALL THE GOOD TEAMS?

Like Dallas on the first game of the year? (18 point LOSS)
Or like your 30-point loss AT HOME to Denver?
Or the 35-point loss at Detroit?
Or are you just sore about the two losses to Washington?

Cleveland's record against teams over 500 is a dismal 13 Wins 19 Losses.

No, where Cleveland has padded their record is against the bottom feeders (Charlotte, Indiana, LA Clippers, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota) with a record of 17 wins and 4 losses.

One thing you can say about Cleveland.....They sure can beat Miami or Minnesota....

But put them against a good club... LeTravel and Company are very beatable.

Posted by: Rook | March 20, 2008 7:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: truth | March 20, 2008 06:01 PM

Truth - You are in 4th because the LEAGUE WANTS YOU THERE. No LaTravel in the playoffs means less money for the league. Mr. Stern does not play when it comes to making money......

Count how many three step drives your boy comments everytime he catchs a pass or starts his dribble drive. The man walks 1 out of 3 times he handles the pill.

He drops shoulders into chests more than Shaq ever did. The difference with Shaq is he did it under the basket on a turn and shot.

While on another hand, your boy Labron "Been around the World and ya, ya I can't find my baby" traveling James gets running starts and never gets called for charges.

The league loves him. MJ never got this much love.........The only way you beat us in a series is if the ref's pack their bags and go "traveling" with LaBron "A Train" James to one of his hot spots under the basket.....

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | March 20, 2008 8:25 PM | Report abuse

WOW,stevenson must be the dumbest person on earth tp make lebron mad. Lebron is on a WHOLLLLLLE different LEVEL then Deshawn. Deshawn cant even carry lebrons GYM SHOES.

deshawn was just trying to make a name for himself. thats alll.

Posted by: anthiony | March 20, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Cavs are 39-30; 0-6 without Lebron. 3-3 with him in those games gives us a pretty solid record. In Cleveland...we don't think we are "all that" and that we beat all the good teams. We are skeptical of ourselves. However...there is LBJ. He is a different story. Different than any other player in most games we play. His name is being thrown around with Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and company. He's not bad!! Take your emotions out of it Wizards' fans when you are talking about this player; he is unique. It only makes you sound ignorant. And, for Stevenson to even say anything is ridiculous. Now...about beating those good teams: Two wins over the Lakers, wins at Dallas and San Antonio. Two wins over Boston. A win over Detroit. Should I stop? We are far from perfect; however, we are better than the Wizards. More importantly, there is a stronger expectation to win and more of an emotional team network to accomplish something.

Posted by: Unreal | March 20, 2008 10:19 PM | Report abuse

wow truth? You think cleveland is so cool for being 4th in the east, if lebron is so great then why arent y'all 1st? Deshawn and Soulja Boy will "YAH TRICK YAH" Lebron if we meet in the 1st round. Lebron thinks he is the Jay Z of the NBA? yeah, he wishes he was. I think Lebron has a big head and an ego to match. so ha. I dont no why all these blogs are cleveland fans talkn smack about washington, o yeah i do, cz you guys are scared you will get beatin by us. You may say thats not true but all us here in washington no its true. If I remember correctly, the last two times we have played cleveland we have won. We played at home and in cleveland and Lebron was playing in both of those games. So keep telling yourselfes LEbron is a beast, but nobody in washington thinks so nor do we care. So why dont you stay out of this blog if you really dont care about playing us in the 1st round!

Posted by: deshawn fan | March 20, 2008 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: deshawn fan | March 20, 2008 10:29 PM | Report abuse

WOW someone in this blog said deshawn isnt even in the same galaxcy as Lebron. One, thats a lie. and two Lebron isnt even in the same galaxcy as Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson or MJ. He most definitly isnt in the same galaxcy as MJ nobody was or will ever. MJ is a GOD of Basketball. Lebron will never be close to MJ's level. So Lebron can keep thinking he is as good as all this players. But his ego is making he look really bad and play bad.
So all you cleveland fans can keep droping your jaw for Lebron. All he is going to do is S**t right in it!

Posted by: deshawn fan | March 20, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

"truth is all im hearing from wiz fans is excusses and wait and see's the simple fact is you havent beat us period so until you do shut up oh and last time i checked you have two all stars and our in 6th? oh its going real good for ya haha....and if the cavs are so bad and lebron is so over-rated then why are we in 4th? silly me something isnt adding up oh wait one more point its funny how we beat all the goods teams on the regular do some research" - truth

First, get some grammar in your posts please.

Second, this isn't about DS or LeBron really. It's about someone taking a stand and saying enough is enough. And if you read the blogs apparently Drew Gooden told DS, who is a good friend of his, some things that LJ said about him previously. Apparently Gooden felt like he could tell DS after he got traded. So, it's really a bunch of crap that a pampered athlete started. Good on DS for taking a stand!!!!

Again, he may be a good player, but he still has not won jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk crap when he does and he should do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rob P | March 21, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse

...

Posted by: Unreal | March 20, 2008 10:19 PM

---------------------------------------

Finally a reasonable post from a cavs fan.... So .500 is a good record withut your star player then? Well what about us? We're 35-33 overall. We're 33-28 without Gil and 7-11 without Gil AND Butler. I don't see any leverage in those numbers against your record to indicate that you're any better than us. We're only behind you by 3.5 games, and we've been ravaged by injury!

Now with that out of the way, We've got our own quality wins (2xBoston, 2xDallas, 2xHornets, etc..) as well as we've been feeding on the eastern conf bottom dwellers just like you.

LeBron is amazing. I won't deny him that like some here. Oscar? Magic? One day, barring career altering injury, yes he will be in that category, but not yet. But hey sky's the limit he's not even 25... He's the second best player in the league right now!

But at full health, the Wiz have a better roster 1-10 (partially due to injury, mixed blessing is what we consider it) than the Cavs, even after your trade.

Posted by: jones-y | March 21, 2008 7:16 AM | Report abuse

Oh why did the "king" ever lower himself to his jester.. are you kidding me? I'm just sick about the thug james. He is just so full of himself,for the wizards sake I hope you dont face him in the playoffs,you all know stern will not allow his poster boy(yuck!!!how ugly)to lose in the early rounds,it might give him a boo-boo. Seriously,cavs fans dont waste youre time defending him,he will leave u for ny anyways. Mark my word,its already been planned. the biggest Hyped city with the most pampered hype,to tough to pass.

Posted by: ugly | March 21, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the Cavs fans should be more worried about the Knicks blog instead of Les BouleS.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 21, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Ah, there's my boy DCMan! I was really getting tired of the Cleveland idiot fans. Let's get back to bashing Gilby again!

Welcome back DCMan!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 21, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

LOL!

Gilby has been quiet as of late. I'll give him his peace and let him concentrate on getting back into the swing of things....unless he says something goofy again.

Posted by: DC Man88 | March 21, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

How stupid of Stevenson. He just gave LeBron a reason to actually want to kick Washington's a** again.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 17, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse