Arenas has sprained right wrist, expected to play

Note: This is an update on an earlier post

Before the Wizards practiced this morning, I watched Gilbert Arenas attempt a couple of warm-up shots. They missed everything and he started messing with his right wrist and soon called for the athletic trainers to check him out.

Turns out he sprained his right wrist in the late stages of last night's game when he fouled Le Bron James and it must have stiffened up on him overnight. He didn't mention a problem with the wrist during his postgame presser.

Arenas didn't practice today but the team expects that he will play in Game 2. Keep in mind that Arenas is right handed.

He scored 24 points on 8 of 16 shooting last night in the loss to Cleveland in Game 1. Because Gilbert didn't speak today, l couldn't get his feeling for how potentially serious it is. I'll know when I check out shootaround tomorrow morning.

Assuming that Arenas is able to shake off the wrist problem and keep playing, the main issue going forward will be whether or not the Wizards can get going offensively and force the Cavs to play at their tempo. Consider this stat: The Wizards won only 10 games this season when they scored fewer than 100 points. Meantime, the Cavs won only nine games in regulation when they allowed at least 100 points. Obviously, the Wizards aren't going to win games in this series scoring in the 85 to 95 point range.

LeBron James on the Wizards: "They are not going to continue to miss those open looks."

I asked DeShawn Stevenson, who went 1 of 9, and missed several open looks, whether the trash talk and last year's dreadful performance in the first round (he shot 19.6 percent) is getting into his head.

By Ivan Carter |  April 20, 2008; 4:41 PM ET
Previous: Cavs do it again | Next: Foul, Hard Foul Or LeBron Foul?

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Here it comes, curse o lez boulez!

Posted by: Crap | April 20, 2008 4:50 PM

You have got to be effing kidding me.

Posted by: seriously? | April 20, 2008 4:55 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 4:56 PM

To take the words from a local announcer I am glad I do not have to listen to because of national coverage...... "Are you kidding me"?????????

Posted by: Bullets Fever #1 | April 20, 2008 4:57 PM

DCMan, U need Jesus. U need the pope to go pray 4 u. Shoulda went to Nationals Park when he was here. Its sad how much U hate Gilbert. Wait... You're Larry Hughes!!! I just figured it out! NO wonder U hate Gil so much. He stole your thunder and now U can't stand him! Come on Larry, is it really that serious? So what he took your spot on 2 TEAMS!!! LOL. Not his fault U only play for the money. How's the weather in Chi town right now?

Posted by: C.Bell | April 20, 2008 5:05 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 4:56 PM

You are an idiot on every level

Posted by: Mattmail001 | April 20, 2008 5:06 PM

This is just comical, now. This team has gone from being above-average in terms of health two years ago, to being pretty beaten up last season, especially in the playoffs, to being laughably injured this year.

Let's just hope this is a minor sprain and it's better by the morning -- because that happens so often nowadays *cue laughter*

Posted by: miller | April 20, 2008 5:07 PM

"After losing the first game Gilby already knows Les BouleS are done, so he mysteriously develops and injury. LMAO!!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 4:56 PM"

I've said it before, I'm honestly flattered to have these troll posers using my handle. They have even gone as far as using the abbreviations I've used. Great analysis, trolls!! LMAO!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:09 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 4:56 PM

You are an idiot on every level

Posted by: Mattmail001 | April 20, 2008 5:06 PM "

Matty, that wasn't me, so stop your whining!!! Are you so easily convinced and irritated by what I say, even though I did not say it? Get a life!!! LOL!!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:11 PM

Well, that royally SUCKS. Now we have no offense.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 5:11 PM

"

Posted by: C.Bell | April 20, 2008 5:05 PM "

Hey Charlie Bell, your team's out of the playoffs so you are posting on Les BouleS blog?? LMAO!!! The first post was not me, I've got better things to do than to sit on this blog and post nonsense here, especially with only one game done in the series.

I've always said that Les BouleS perform better without Gilby, so therefore the poser's comments would be inconsistent with my views. Obviously Les BouleS will do much better if Gilby is out because of better ball movement (which Gilby again lied to us about) and team work. You guys get a life!! So funny!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:15 PM

friggin ridiculous...can't the wiz get a break?

if this is a serious injury, gilbert's gonna be wishing he hadn't come back before opting out

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 5:25 PM

Gilby had 0 TO's, 24pts, shot 8-16, 3pt fg 4-5, FT 4-4 (all in 4th qtr), 3 assists (could have been a lot more) in just 17 minutes. What more could Gilby do? You can blame this game on numerous things, but not on Gilby.

I can't wait to see what he does in game 2. If Caron shows up and everyone is making their normal shots, Wiz win in blowout.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:27 PM

Gilby did everything he was supposed to. His teammates didn't connect on his great passes. Gilby made a couple of FGs in the 4th and hit all his FTs. He could have had 8 assists in the 4th qtr alone had his teammates hit his passes.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:28 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 4:56 PM"

LMAO!! I already said this wasn't me, now I have even more proof!! This poser has horrible grammar: "so he mysteriously develops AND injury."

Hahahah, she should go back to school and learn remedial english!!! LMAO!!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:29 PM

He got everyone involved, passed to the wide open man every time. He didn't take any bad shots. Even that 40 footer wasn't a bad shot. It was with the clock winding down. Unbelievable shot. His teammates were very excited after that. It got them pumped with energy.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:29 PM

Welp, another season down the drain. 4 and out again anybody?

Posted by: alec | April 20, 2008 5:30 PM

"The way Gilby came out blazing was just amazing. I'm starting to change my mind. He is an electrifying superstar worthy of being the franchise player. And think about, Gilby just had 2 knee surgeries and not in game condition. It's just too bad Jordan played him 17 straight minutes. Maybe he should have given a 2 minute break or something in between the 17 minutes. Considering that, he still did all he could to keep the Wiz in it.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:29 PM "

Nice try, but not me!!! Get a life posers!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:33 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:29 PM "

Nice try, but not me!!! Get a life posers!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:33 PM

Nice try, acting like it wasn't me when it was me. Get a life posers!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:34 PM

Did you just refer to yourself in the fourth person?

Posted by: Irene Waters | April 20, 2008 5:40 PM

I had to, because people keep posing as me.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:42 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 4:56 PM

You are an idiot on every level

Posted by: Mattmail001 | April 20, 2008 5:06 PM "

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 5:42 PM

Why, oh why are we cursed?

Posted by: Vishal | April 20, 2008 5:43 PM

"How is anyone suppose to know someone stole your handle> As it is - I'm sorry that someone pretended to be you - so to the original retard who pretended to be DC Man and posted the statement in the first place - you are an idiot on every level.

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 5:42 PM"

Posted by: DC Man 88 | April 20, 2008 5:48 PM

Posted by DCMan....

"The first post was not me, I've got better things to do than to sit on this blog and post nonsense here, especially with only one game done in the series."

Seriously, the funniest thing I have read all year...this from someone who does NOTHING BUT post nonsense 24/7.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 5:49 PM

let the excuses begin, im sure next year gilbert and all you wiz homer writers and fans will say "its hard to beat a team 4 years straight in the playoffs"

SAME OLD GILBERT. CANT BACK UP HIS TRASH TALK. HOW DO YOU AIRBALL A 5 FT LAYUP AND THEN 2 FT LAYUP LOL

I wonder if he's predicted a 50 pt game vs us on his cute little blog yet?

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 5:50 PM

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 5:42 PM"

Posted by: DC Man 88 | April 20, 2008 5:48 PM

Nice try, but not me!!! Get a life posers!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:50 PM

I wonder if he's predicted a 50 pt game vs us on his cute little blog yet?

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 5:50 PM

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 5:52 PM

"Hey anon troll, I did make the first post. Got a problem with it? Deal with it. There have been posers all over the place, but obviously Gilby couldn't handle the pressure. Wouldn't be surprised in Soulja Boi comes down with a serious bout of diarrhea of the mouth and sits out the series!! LMAO!!!!

Posted by: DC Man 88 | April 20, 2008 5:48 PM "

Losers can't even type my name in correctly when imitating me. Obviously, imitation is the highest form of flattery, enough said.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 5:53 PM

Hey, I'd hate a team that knocked me out of the playoffs 2 years in a row too. but the cavs responding to the wizards trash talk would be like Jay-Z responding to one hit wonder Soulja Boy (only 1 postseason series win for this current wizard squad)

You Wizards fans are a joke just like your team in the 4th quarter!

why do your players talk so much trash for? 9 straight losses to the cavs over 3 playoff runs, nuff said.

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 6:07 PM

Here's a riddle for you:

How do you airball a 3 foot layup?

Ask Gilbert Arenas! He did it twice in Game 1 after all!

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 6:10 PM

get a life tom.

Posted by: Johnnie Futbol | April 20, 2008 6:13 PM

Riddle me this:
How many steps does it take to make a lay-up??

Posted by: CN | April 20, 2008 6:17 PM

If your right wrist is sprained, you probably can't hit long range jumpers with any consistency. So, your only option is to attack the basket and either hit layups, get fouled, or dish to your teammates. Exactly what the Wizards need anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 6:21 PM

Here's another riddle for you:

How do you become a pathetic desperate fan?

Ask a Cleveland fan like me! Our city hasn't won a championship in 40+ years!

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 6:26 PM

Cavs fans are really lame. I can't imagine searching out a cavs blog and making obnoxious comments on it -- not just because of the wasted time, but because what's the point? The whole reason we watch sports is to relax and escape from the stress of the rest of our lives...does that enjoyment really have to come at the expense of other people who are doing the same thing and just happen to follow a different team? Insult the wizards all you want on a cavs blog -- coming here to do it just shows that you're compensating for not being successful elsewhere in your life.

Posted by: alex | April 20, 2008 6:26 PM

Here's another riddle for you:

How do you become a pathetic desperate fan?

Ask a Cleveland fan like me! Our city hasn't won a championship in 40+ years!

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 6:26 PM

That is why we cling on to Lebron's balls now, because after he opts out it will be 50+ years. Come on DC, give Cleveland a break we are desperate.

Posted by: Tom | April 20, 2008 6:28 PM

The Wiz have bounced back all season. Until this series is over and a team has won it, you don't really know what is going to happen.

If I had to pick a game that the Wiz would win in Cleveland, it would be the second game, not the first.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 6:33 PM

This is getting ridiculous. This current group can't win in the playoffs, and it can't stay healthy (aside from DS and AJ). EG will have some thinking to do after the postseason, even if that thinking involves hiring some new strength and conditioning people. If the Wiz lose tomorrow night, this series is finished.

Posted by: Colin | April 20, 2008 6:53 PM

Ivan:

A housecleaning issue:

The Yahoo Finance boards that investors use for posting comments on various companies has an "ignore" function, which let's other posters block out comments from a particular handle (poster). This function would be a good addition for this board. The Post's IT guys can easily do it.

Posted by: Izman | April 20, 2008 7:01 PM

Relax Wiz Fans its in the bag AJ and CB come up huge in game two, the bench provides a much needed spark and the Wiz even the series and wrestle home court advantage away from the LeBrons,you heard it here first the Wiz in six!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Posted by: DARGREGMAG@AOL.COM | April 20, 2008 7:18 PM

All these IDIOTS calling me an IDIOT know they are really the IDIOT. I know what I posted, I know you know what I posted and I know you know I know what I posted - IDIOTS!!! LMAO!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 8:41 PM

Gilbert is using this injury as an excuse on why he wasn't Mr. 4th Quarter last night. He never was anyway.

Posted by: mark | April 20, 2008 8:42 PM

Can someone block me?

Posted by: Izwoman | April 20, 2008 8:43 PM

This Philly-Detroit game is why the Wizards annoy me to no end. The Sixers are a No. 7 seed and no where nearly as good a team as the Pistons, but look how they came out and played in Game 1. They sensed they could steal a game on the road, and they demonstrated great effort, focus and determination. They always moved toward the basket. They ran up and down the court.

The Wizards, meanwhile, seem to go through the motions too often and lose focus, particularly at the end of games. The Sixers kept driving. They were aggressive. The Wizards chucked. The Wizards need to run more, be more aggressive in the fast break. Cleveland doesn't want to run, so the Wizards need to push the ball all the time. It just saddens me to see a team as talented as the Wizards unable to close out games, while a young team like Philly, with no real excuse being in a game against the Pistons, battle to the end.

Posted by: Colin | April 20, 2008 8:46 PM

Hi, I'm Hu Jintao aka Izman. Censorship is koool!!!!

Posted by: Hu Jintao | April 20, 2008 8:46 PM

Posted by: mark | April 20, 2008 8:42 PM

You have to excuse me. I am a pathetic fan in Cleveland without any championships for 40+ years so I try to go to other city's websites and vent.

Posted by: Mark | April 20, 2008 9:00 PM

Posted by: Colin | April 20, 2008 9:00 PM

Hi, I'm Hu Jintao aka Izman. Censorship is koool!!!!

Posted by: Hu Jintao | April 20, 2008 9:00 PM

Wow??

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 9:00 PM

I saw a story about former Heisman winner Hershel Walker, who now claims that he suffers from multiple personality disorder. That started me thinking. What if DC Man88 has MPD, and he actually IS posting all these comments that he claims are being made by imposters? Then he gets on and attacks his own posts, since he doesn't remember that he wrote them. A bizarre scenario, but it would explain a lot.

This could be a desperate plea for help

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:01 PM

"DeShawn: "Last year, I don't even think about that because we didn't have anybody. That was real stressful for me because with Gilbert out and Caron out, I had to go out make something happen. This year, I don't have that pressure on me. My job is to lock LeBron down and make open shots. That's what I came here for and that's what I have to do.""

My job is to blow a lot of smoke too...don't you see it when I hit a shot here and there on a rare occasion and I blow on my hands?

Posted by: Deshawn | April 20, 2008 9:01 PM

Ignore me...my momma does.

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:03 PM

Posted by: Colin | April 20, 2008 9:03 PM

Hmmmm, not sure why that posted three times. I think I tried only twice. Anyway, my fault.

Posted by: Colin | April 20, 2008 9:04 PM

All of you no nothing haters of Gilbert will be eating your words after he leads this team to a series victory over the LeBrons,after reading some of these blogs criticizing Arenas you are all seriously lacking in your knowledge of pro basketball, you are front running,fair weather, I won't even call some of you fans just IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Posted by: DARGREGMAG@AOL.COM | April 20, 2008 9:08 PM

This could be a desperate plea for help

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:01 PM

LMAO...now that's some funny SH1T!

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 20, 2008 9:10 PM

This could be a desperate plea for help

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:10 PM

Nomatter how you put it, I didn't carry the team like I was supposed to. I couldn't back up my big words, or Deshawn's big talk. I talked big, but couldn't produce. I hogged the ball.

Maybe with my sprained wrist, I can sit out game 2. Then, the team can go back to their team oriented, defensively aggressive, and better chemistry with me out. I'll hang out with my statistician on the bench and he'll give me stats on which chicks I can score on the easiest.

I'm Gilby, and I just want to be me.

Gatorade: Like me...I just wanna be like me.

Posted by: Gil the Zero | April 20, 2008 9:11 PM

I see that I am apparently suffering from Multiple Enter Key Disorder. Oh well.

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:12 PM

I'm from Bangladesh..I only know cricket, not basketball. Can someone explain to me how the Wiz lost game one and their biggest mouths didn't produce?

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 20, 2008 9:12 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:18 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:19 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:20 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:21 PM

I suffer from multiple personality disorder also.

On one day, I think I'm max money.

On another day, I think I'll take the table scraps after Antawn gets what he deserves. Sike!

On one day, I call myself a zero.

On another day, I throw myself parties so that people can love me.

On one day, I say I'm a distributor.

On another day, I take more shots than my minutes in a game.

On one day, I say I need max money for financial security.

On another day, I say I feed my kids cheeseburgers from Mickey D's.

On one day I say I'm the master blogger.

On another day, Ivan exposes me for the fraud that I am because I hire a 12 year old to type my blog up.

On one day, I say I'm a team player.

On another day, I admit that I hire a personal statistician because I'm really more concerned about my stats than winning.

I can go on and on, but I hope you get the picture.

I'm just Gilby being Gilby. I've brainwashed everyone to thinking this is a an excuse for me being me, but what it really means is that I'm a bad liar. Go ask Laura.

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:23 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 9:24 PM

I'm from Cleveland. I only know about 40 year droughts, not basketball. Can someone tell me how we can finally bring some sort of championship to this pathetic city.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:26 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:27 PM

I suffer from multiple personality disorder also.

On one day, I think I'm max money.

On one day, I call myself a zero.

On another day, I throw myself parties so that people can love me.

On one day, I say I'm a distributor.

On another day, I take more shots than my minutes in a game.

On one day, I say I need max money for financial security.

On another day, I say I feed my kids cheeseburgers from Mickey D's.

On one day I say I'm the master blogger.

On one day, I say I'm a team player.

I can go on and on, but I hope you get the picture.

Posted by: Gilby | April 20, 2008 9:23 PM

That wasn't me....wink wink

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:30 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:19 PM

Now here's a DC Mann88 post that makes sense. Too bad it is someone else posting.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 9:31 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:19 PM

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 9:31 PM

That was me you idiot troll. I'm tired of everyone confusing me.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 9:34 PM

You guys alway judge everything after just one game. Earlier this year you thought NY and DMac weren't going to amount to much. Then once they got the opportunity to play a little bit, they showed they had something to contribute.

Let a few games go by and see how the series develops. Then you can run your mouths and act like you know something.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 9:36 PM

Colin, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about what could have been for the Wizards from the Sixers defeat of the Pistons. The Pistons have a long, well-documented history of losing focus when they play "lesser" teams and leaving themselves vulnerable. That's how the Cavs got to the Finals last season. The Sixers win had as much to do with what Detroit didn't do as with what the Sixers did.

Posted by: kalorama | April 20, 2008 9:41 PM

You gotta give the 76ers their due. They kept competing and the Pistons folded.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 20, 2008 9:45 PM

whats that smell?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 10:22 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 11:12 PM

I would rather keep Gilby. AJ plays the 4 position, same as Brand. When healthy Gilby is a top 5 or top 10 players in the league. Brand's injury is worse than Gilby's. Gilby is clutch and can hit game winners all day long.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 11:20 PM

Gil is way overrated...trade him for Tyronn Lue or Brevin Knight.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 11:25 PM

No ifs, ands, or buts about it....Gilby couldn't do anything to win yesterday's game.

Can someone get a smart quote out of DS again? Lebron & Co. need more incentive to beat the Wiz. Just some BS quoets from a scrub like DS is not enough to make Lebron even fart.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 11:27 PM

Gil is way overrated...trade him for Tyronn Lue or Brevin Knight.

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 11:25 PM

Come on man, you can't be serious. But then again I used to think that way too. Now i'm a better man so I know Gilby's value.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 11:27 PM

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 11:27 PM

Posted by: It sucks being a Cleveland Fan | April 20, 2008 11:30 PM

"Gil is way overrated...trade him for Tyronn Lue or Brevin Knight.

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 11:25 PM "

I couldn't agree more. Gil is way overrated. He didn't have it, and now he's injured again. Dude is injury prone, and he's getting older.

Bail Abe...Bail!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 11:41 PM

"You have to excuse me. I am a pathetic fan in Cleveland without any championships so I try to go to other city's websites and vent.

Posted by: It sucks being a Cleveland Fan | April 20, 2008 11:30 PM "

Obviously what's worse is being beaten by a Cleveland team 2 years going on 3 years in a row.

Posted by: Mike | April 20, 2008 11:42 PM

The blog is getting really stupid b/c of the comments of dummies imitating other dummies.

Back on topic - it's early to say that all is doomed. Everyone should step back from the ledge and see how Gilbert's wrist reacts.

Remember, all Cleveland did was hold serve on one game. We need to win at home and only pick off one game in CLE. Even if we lose this one, Gilbert has till Thursday to heal up for our first home game.

And the Cavs have looked bad on the road since the big trade. The games at the VC are ours. The question is, can we get one on the road?

---------

Posted by: Rockville, MD | April 20, 2008 11:43 PM

Nevermind a max contract, can anyone figure out why Arenas is even paid the high salary that he gets now?

Boggles the mind.

Posted by: Prazak | April 20, 2008 11:44 PM

"P.S. If the DC man 88 and his many imitators keep on trashing this comment section, I'm keeping myself on the RealGM discussion boards. Its a moderated board so idiot posts (and posters) made to disappear quickly. And the posters there are all smart, passionate Wizards and NBA fans.

Posted by: Rockville, MD | April 20, 2008 11:43 PM "

I agree. This board is going crazy, but Gilly is still top 2 in my book even if he's jinxed by Lebron.

Posted by: Wayne from National Harbor | April 20, 2008 11:45 PM

Ivan, can you quiz Gil on whether he's still going to defer to AJ and his contract demands, or is Gil lying again and will want max money, come hell or high water.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 20, 2008 11:52 PM

Posted by: It sucks being a Cleveland Fan | April 20, 2008 11:30 PM "

Posted by: Mike | April 20, 2008 11:42 PM

Actually I take it back. It is worse to be a fan in a city without any Championships for 40 years. That's why I come to the Wizards site.

Posted by: Mike | April 20, 2008 11:53 PM

"Gil is way overrated...trade him for Tyronn Lue or Brevin Knight.

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 11:25 PM "

Bail Abe...Bail!!!!

Posted by: | April 20, 2008 11:41 PM

Abe, please do whatever you can to keep Gilby.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 11:54 PM

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 20, 2008 11:52 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2008 11:57 PM

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 20, 2008 11:52 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 11:58 PM

With all the discussions here, no can figure out why Gil choked again and the team lost a winnable game. Maybe Gil really wants to start his summer vacation early.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 12:04 AM

After watching this past weekend's games, all the teams that should have won, did win, except for Detroit. No other surprises.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 12:05 AM

"Bangladesh, I don' think that was you that posted that, but whoever posted under your name is trippin. No need to ask Gilby that. We can see how hard he played and how well he played what's on his mind right now, THE PLAYOFFS!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 11:58 PM "

Yes dude, that was me. I'm seeing your point of view now. Gil didn't step up. Sure, he made a 35 footer after the second quarter, and got his stats, but the team still loses. Nothing shocking there. Just another day at the office for Gil.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 21, 2008 12:07 AM

"what about signing Elton Brand this off season. letting Gilbo go. signing a servicable true point guard."

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 12:10 AM

"What about the fact that even if Brand wanted to come here (which, he most likely does not) the Wiz don't have any cap room to sign him, even if they let Arenas walk (which they won't).

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 12:10 AM "

Sign and trade.

As much as I like AJ, and with his great numbers, this team hasn't won anything with him. Last season's playoffs with AJ, we got swept.

Some guys (Gil and AJ) will always get their numbers, while other guys are just plain winners.

Posted by: Ray | April 21, 2008 12:14 AM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 20, 2008 11:58 PM "

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 21, 2008 12:07 AM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 12:17 AM

"Sign and trade.

Both Brand and Arenas will, reportedly, opt out of their current contracts and become unrestricted FAs this summer. The only way a S&T could work with those two would be if Brand wanted to join the Wizards and Arenas wanted to go to the Clippers. And there's no good reason why either one of them would want that. (And please, spare me the "Arenas is from L.A. so he'd be going home" nonsense.)

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 12:18 AM

Posted by: | April 21, 2008 12:04 AM

Once again...

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 12:20 AM

God this blog has been fogged up a bit lately. If the Wizards can replicate what they did in the first 3 quarters of Game 1 in Game 2 then they will win. And I think they will.

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 12:21 AM

"Whoever you are, you are starting to sound like the old me when I used to hate on Gilby. Hopefully you will come around like I did.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 12:17 AM "

Sorry dude. A loss is a loss. Get real.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 21, 2008 12:22 AM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 12:17 AM "

Sorry dude. A loss is a loss. Get real.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 21, 2008 12:22 AM

Bangladesh must be a Cav's fan. Why don't you stick to the Cav's blog.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 12:30 AM

"Bangladesh must be a Cav's fan. Why don't you stick to the Cav's blog.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 12:30 AM "

You don't need to be a Cavs fan to see that the Wiz lost.

If the Wiz don't win this series, EG should blow the team up, meaning don't resign Gil or AJ. It would be 3 years that this team has been together, and they haven't squeaked out of 1st round.

Posted by: Frosty Freeze | April 21, 2008 12:46 AM

"If we lose Gil for Brand, and let Jamison walk, then that's space left to sign someone. Luol Deng is available also."

Someone? Maybe. Luol Deng? Nope.

Brand is going to get a max deal. Period. If the Wizards dole out a max deal (to Arenas, Brand, or anyone else) then, even if they don't re-sign Jamison, they'll still be over the salary cap, which means the only FA money they'll have available will be the MLE, which'll be about $6 mill. Deng's not signing for that.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 12:57 AM

Also, Deng will be a restricted FA, which means Chicago will have the right to match any offer he gets.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 12:58 AM

Wow...here we go again. Another excuse, setting up another possible disappointing season next year with the same crew yada yada yada....it's really getting old!

Max contract to a guy as soft as an Auntie Ann's pretzel? Maybe it's not his fault, but injury prone is injury prone. So, let's give him a ton of money so we can suck for the next 5/6 years as he is in and out of the lineup. Making us just good enough to make the playoffs and get mediocre draft picks. I see this whole nucleus going down the toilet very quickly!

The Tough Juice moniker deserves to go to AJ more than anyone else believe it or not or, hell, even BH...LMAO

Curse Le Boulez!

Hate to pessimistic but I give us about a 15% chance to win this series now. My how things change so quickly!

By the way, I got another EJ mistake for ya!

1) We need to run them out of the building!
If there was ever a team to revert back to the old run and gun style of this team, it's Cleveland! They want to plod along as slow as possible bc they can't keep up. Plus it makes Z and others work much harder!

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 2:16 AM

I'm Mr Deshawn, the lockdown defender, Lebron is soooo overrated, I mean I shut him down to 1-9 shooting and I score 32 points on the other end. And btw I led me team to the win, the wizards are going to win it all this yr, we can finally stop looking back at that grainy championship that was won 40 yrs ago that is no longer relevant no more. Cause I Deshawn is jesus himself and will carry u Washington hopefuls to the promise land.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 6:20 AM

I predict a Cavs series victory.

Posted by: Stephen Hawking | April 21, 2008 7:30 AM

I predict a Cavs series victory.

Posted by: Stephen Hawking | April 21, 2008 7:30 AM

I can predict it but I don't believe it. I'm a cleveland fan. What do you expect I'm desperate. It's been over 40 years for crying out loud.

Posted by: Stephen Hawking | April 21, 2008 9:12 AM

Let's withold some of the more dire judgments until around 10:00 EDT...

If we win, crow dinner for many.

If we lose again.... Well let's hope we win.

Posted by: khrabb | April 21, 2008 10:15 AM

Good lord, why can't we all just wait and see what happens tonight?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 11:13 AM

The Wizards will win if two of three things happen.

One, CB has to take advantage of Wally World. This can be done by taking him off the dribble and create for others, or by not hesitating to hit the open shot.

Two, I believe that AD was taken out of the flow of the game by GA's aerial assault. IMO if had played his usual rotational minutes the team would have settled down and everyone would have gotten in to flow of the game prior to half-time. Now it's only one game and the Wizards had 48 hours to get over all the hoopla of the over-rated comments etc... If they come out run THIER offensive sets and get everyone involved they will win this series, like they won the series against the BULLS.

Three, The Wizards need to be up by 8 points with a minute left in the game to ensure no LeBron/LeTravel heroics :)

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 11:19 AM

qovxwei nxyoqrecp rgzo ovcyh acemglonf kysfuq gwrbaeink

Posted by: ayor smyatrd | May 13, 2008 4:43 AM

yfjvt uypvm zmtgsd kpzrc pknio kieqxbdrn zedbam http://www.pwusrodgb.ikojm.com

Posted by: ugms sjarcbx | May 13, 2008 4:45 AM