At the half

The Wizards felt they let one get away in Game 1 but tonight they're simply getting drilled. It's 53-40 at the half. Cleveland closed the second period on a 17-4 run and appear to be firmly in control of this one. The Wiz are shooting 36.6 percent. All-stars Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison are a combined 5 of 19 from the field and Gilbert Arenas, who appears to be bothered by that sprained right wrist, missed his first three shots and has two points on 1 of 7 shooting.

The Wizards have also hurt themselves by missing six free throws.

Right now, the tempo, the energy and everything else is in Cleveland's favor. Scary note: Teams that go up 2-0 in a best-of-seven series are 191-13 all-time. However, it's worth noting that the Wizards pulled it off when they took four straight off of Chicago in 2005.

By Ivan Carter |  April 21, 2008; 7:58 PM ET
Previous: Game 2, Wiz and Cavs | Next: Final: Cavs 116, Wizards 86.

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

So maybe it is me, but while I admit Eddie's in game coaching seemed to improve this season, he seems to have relapsed, particularly in the first half of this game, but also in the game last night.

Where are the timeouts? Why won't he play Brendan? I know Brendan had two fouls but you HAVE to play him in this game.

They need to drop the double teaming on LeBron, take the pain with him, and try to outscore Cleveland. The doubles aren't working, and LeBron looks to pass first.

What is up with Caron - he is obviously hurt - he looks to pass every time.

I think we need the high energy scrub team in for about 2 4 minute sections of the second half - mason, songalia, dmac, deshawn, and either caron or antawn. Change it up - we need this one.

cj

Posted by: charles jones | April 21, 2008 8:31 PM

wiz have to make a run in 3rd quick

Posted by: brandon | April 21, 2008 8:31 PM

What is up with Caron - he is obviously hurt - he looks to pass every time.

cj

Posted by: charles jones | April 21, 2008 8:31 PM

You know dk, I haven't agreed with you on your DeShawn criticisms but that play with Boobie Gibson in the second quarter would've had me screaming a bunch of obscenities if I wasn't at work. Moments like that make me pine for Nick Young because he wouldn't do much worse. I think DeShawn might have a mental block with the Cavs (and I wonder if the Wizards are all starting to get one).

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 8:31 PM

Man, last game, they cannot shoot 3-ptrs. This game, they cannot make FT, nor can they hang on to the ball. If Wiz continues to play like this, this series will become a joke.

Wiz is letting Cavs intimidating them. They need to come out of the 2nd half playing like mad, and not be a joke to themselves.

Posted by: Sagaliba | April 21, 2008 8:33 PM

Are the Wizards missing a lot of open shots again or are the Cavs playing great D?

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 8:33 PM

Can I fire Eddie Jordan in the middle of a playoff series?

Posted by: Abe Polin | April 21, 2008 8:43 PM

Posted by: alec | April 21, 2008 8:46 PM

Why is the officiating in this series simply terrible?

Posted by: Abe Polin | April 21, 2008 8:47 PM

So one team is supremely superior mentally to another. Not to mention one team is more disciplined, particularly on offense, considering it gets whatever it wants. Then we watch the Wizards miss open jumpers, miss lay ups and miss free throws. This series is done. The Wizards are toast. And if the Wiz lose in five, EJ and some players may be gone because it's not enough to play .500 ball all year, beat some big boys during the regular season and then fade away in the first round of the playoffs. The Wizards could do that with mediocre talent by spending less money.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 8:52 PM

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 8:52 PM

Wow, Cleveland in 4. Maybe 5.

Embarassing.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 8:53 PM

This team plain and simple is a pathetic mockery. What a terrible outing and uninspired effort as well. Never have I been so disgusted of being a fan of this franchise. God bless this team.

Posted by: A | April 21, 2008 9:05 PM

Blatche will be picking up hookers by the weekend. Stevenson should take a one way cruise to the North Pole. Lebron is punking this squad and their fat mouths.

Posted by: Deshawn's Mouth | April 21, 2008 9:08 PM

I've never seen a team lose composure like the Wizards have in both games this series.

Let's just be real: The Wizards are a bad team. From coaching to the last player on the bench, the Wizards are simply poor. They won't recover from this loss, and because they got whipped up in this game, the fans at Verizon will probably be pretty quiet, as usual.

How many times can a team lose by more than 20 points in a single season? It's absolutely sad. This is a damned clinic tonight, put on by a team that KNOWS it can beat an opponent. Washington THINKS it can win, Cleveland KNOWS it can win, and that's the difference.

I'm tired of this. I hope EG blows up this team in the offseason.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

That loud noise you hear is the excuse train warming up at the station. One hour from now it will be full steam ahead. LMAO!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Eddie needs to tell Gilbert to go home and come back next year.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

I'm tired of this. I hope EG blows up this team in the offseason.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

I thought the officiating on the 1st game was OK, but this game the ref really blew it. Flagrant 2 on Haywood? Only because he is LeBron. On AD's charge, not only Ben Wallace's foot was on the no charge zone, but he was sliding also!

An ejection on Haywood, does that mean he gets automatic suspension on game 3? If so, then EJ's no lay-up backfired. Yeah, I know EJ did not tell his player to commit flagrant fouls. But sometimes you just cannot get to the ball in time, plus the ref is warranting "special protection" to "the king" (at most it was a flagrant 1 and not flagrant 2), it is just too hard to control.

Posted by: Sagaliba | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Absolutely sickening. The whole lot of them should be embarassed. Where's the fire, where's the fight. You lose one close game and then roll over like dead dogs! What a load of rubbish!

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

I'm tired of this. I hope EG blows up this team in the offseason.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Eddie needs to tell Gilbert to go home and come back next year.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

CAVS in FO

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

Well, the Wizards never really had a chance with all of this Lebron pampering.
All of these phantom officiating calls and even the male Lebron groupie TNT announcer are all hard to stomach...

Posted by: dude | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

Posted by: George Templeton | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

Caron and Gilbert are not 100% - the slashing moves are so slow.

Still 33% shooting never gets it done. We don't look very good.

Guess I picked the wrong day to stop snorting glue.

Posted by: Pauly B. | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

"We ask what we get for -- the self-proclaimed king of the NBA who gets pampered by everyone in this league. Why even bother playing?"

Classic Wizards fan. Priceless

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

Well, the Wizards never really had a chance with all of this Lebron pampering.

Posted by: dude | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

WERE DOWN 23 BECAUSE OF THE REFS!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:11 PM

WERE DOWN 23 BECAUSE LEBRON MIGHT HAVE TRAVELED ONCE IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:11 PM

"it's not enough to play .500 ball all year, beat some big boys during the regular season and then fade away in the first round of the playoffs. The Wizards could do that with mediocre talent by spending less money."

They tried that during the Unseld era. Didn't work too well.

That being said, I've said all along that even if the Wizards did advance, given their history of injury and periods of slippage that he couldn't afford to just blindly commit the franchise's future to this group. He had to do due diligence and explore options. If they get bounced in the first round (and it's far from a given that they will) then changes have to be forthcoming. The question is how many and what kind?

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 9:12 PM

Well, I've got great seats to game 3, but I'm selling them now, I'm not going to watch the Wizards, they always never show up to play and ALWAYS ALWAYS BLOW THE LEAD!!! Get a new squad of players, we are a .500 team at best, I'm sorry I even wasted 500 dollars on two tickets!

Posted by: Britton | April 21, 2008 9:12 PM

I've been contacted by the Knicks about a front office position. I've decided to accept. Deshawn Stevenson has a big mouth. Gilbert Arenas is a legend in his own mind. This series is the biggest blow out since Reagan-Mondale.

Posted by: Ernie Grunfeld | April 21, 2008 9:12 PM

And some folks thought I was overreacting after Game 1 and during Game 2 tonight. I'm telling you. I've watched this team for too long, and I know the kind of choke jobs they're capable of. But most importantly, mentally, they're never in it. They simply don't know how to win. EJ doesn't know how to coach them to a playoff series win. The players don't know how to secure a playoff series win. It's the same garbage every year. Embarrassing and sad and pathetic.

Time to blow this team up in the offseason and start over. My biggest criticism of Gil has always been that he's never into games mentally. He thinks it's all about having fun and scoring points. I love what he brings, but until he realizes that professional sports is about winning, this team will never go anywhere. He needs to be tougher and more in control.

This is a team that gets rattled so easily. A team that can't deal with prosperity. A team that loses by 20+ points more than most teams in the league. I'm sorry to say, but I think this is as good as it gets for the Wizards: 40-45 wins a year, beat a few good teams in the regular season, lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Look at what Philly did yesterday. That should tick off all Wizards fans. EJ, AJ, CB and Gil look like deer in headlights. This is pathetic. No other word to describe it.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:13 PM

Just another .500 team again in D.C. Washington, D.C. never gets players that can seal the deal for our city. I'm done watching this series, can't even beat a medicore team.

Posted by: Dave | April 21, 2008 9:14 PM

Wow...this series is OVER!

Haywood should NOT have been ejected..TOTAL BS

DS is a complete idiot! If he has Soulja Boy at the next game, he deserves something - fine, benching, something

Arenas played an absolute HORRIBLE game, but EJ doesn't have the balls to sit him. If for no other reason than to make a point about his shot selection, stupid ass fouls, etc....

Jamison is getting MUGGED on entry passes etc...gets ZERO respect from the refs.

Overall, it looks to me like the inmates are running the asylum and that is EDDIE JORDAN! Can't wait until he gets fired! He sucks!

Dargreg, appreciate your FANatacism about this team, but I regret your putting your faith in a bunch of soft, weak minded fools!

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:15 PM

How does it feel to have a guy like deshawn stevenson on your team washington fans?? MIGHT be the biggest ass in the NBA. The hand wave was classic, he's LITERALLY shooting like 15% over the past 2 years in the playoffs. LITERALLY

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:16 PM

This game speaks to why more Americans prefer football - this NBA prima-donna favortism, biased referees and a really annoyingly Lebron groupie-like TNT announcer (not Hardaway but the other guy)is just ridiculous!!

Posted by: charlie | April 21, 2008 9:17 PM

I think EJ is gone when this series ends.

LET'S GO CAPS!!!

LET'S GO NFL DRAFT!!! WHO WILL THE SKINS TAKE???

Watching the Wizards isn't worth anyone's time or money.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:17 PM

BOOBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:18 PM

This game was lost in the 1st quarter. I don't recall seeing the Wizards playing dumber or worse. They could have been up by 8 to 10 points at the end of the 1st; instead, they were down by 5.

Caron has been a total no show in this series. Not only physically, but he's making dumb mental mistakes.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:18 PM

Charlie

There is no "Hardaway" announcing? Stupid, are ya?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:19 PM

I hope we lose this game by 40. Apparently we have to get blown out to remember that this is still basketball, we still have to play. Last time we got creamed in this building it turned around our season and we came back tougher than before. Where's the tough juice?

Posted by: Owl | April 21, 2008 9:19 PM

Wow, I really feel sorry for you Wiz fans... Will somebody from DC finally admit that LeBron owns you and as long as he plays in Cleveland you will never beat him in a play-off series, ever? Now is the time to finally save face admit that LeBron is just too good. Please.

Posted by: CLE ROCS | April 21, 2008 9:21 PM

Ivan, if tomorrow's headline does not have the word "quit" in it I'll be disappointed in you. Time to call out the wiz for 1) sucking 2) quitting 3) having no heart.

Posted by: Zonker | April 21, 2008 9:21 PM

I told you guys Saturday night that you would go down 2-0 and start with the excuses. Its the refs, Caron and Gil are hurt, blah blah blah....

Posted by: Black | April 21, 2008 9:22 PM

Correction not Miller(instead of Hardaway)
Typing too fast...

Posted by: charlie | April 21, 2008 9:22 PM

If you're going to the Wizards game Thursday, you should boo the hell outta the Wizards. I mean big time. Boo them all game for this terrible performance today and for the continual no shows in the playoffs. Let them know how you feel. Or, better yet, don't even go to the game. Spend your evening doing some productive, rather than supporting a loser playoff team.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:22 PM

Hey Eddie, there is 8:50 left in the game. I think you should keep all the starters in the game so the bench and guys like NY get NO playoff experience. I would also DEFINITELY keep Arenas in the game at this point!

LOL...what a complete fool. We make the Cavs look like championship contenders!

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:22 PM

Also, getting crushed on the boards through the 3rd (-11).

Posted by: Pauly B. | April 21, 2008 9:24 PM

Your own player, Gil, even was qouted at half-time saying that "LeBron is like Jordan only 4 inches taller and 60 pounds bigger"!!! No Joke. That pretty much sums it up, I am so excited to read the insanity you Wiz fans can come up with now on how LeBron is garbage... lol, this beat down is really funny, I truly feel embarrassed for all of DC right now.

Posted by: CLE ROCS | April 21, 2008 9:24 PM

No, Charlie is not stupid just probably distracted by the really loud crowd like the Wizards appear to be.

I will begrudging give props to the Cav fans for bringing that noise - my ears are ringing from my seat on the couch at home.

Posted by: ann | April 21, 2008 9:25 PM

The EJ we all knew and loved as reemerged in time for the playoffs. It's fantastic. This is the team I missed all year. I love seeing the long jumpers that don't fall. I love seeing the defense that loses track of shooters. I love seeing the team quit when the going gets tough. These are the playoff Wizards I know. Glad they're back. Glad I put so much faith in them this year. Glad I got my hopes up. Last time that happens.

I love the young Caps because you can't question their effort or drive. They try. They may not alway succeed, but they try. And they learn. And they adapt. The Wizards quit when they don't get EXACTLY what they want.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:26 PM

That's whats so infuriating about this whole thing. If the Cavs go to the next round they might get swept by Boston, but the series certainly won't go past 5. Yet we might take Boston to 7 or even win that series. Why do we continuously let this mediocore team look so good against us?

Posted by: Owl | April 21, 2008 9:26 PM

Wiz is not a mediocre team. They beat some of the best opponents in the NBA; however, since his "highness" has come back, the entire nature of the team has changed. I say sit him out for game 3 and see what happens. The chemistry is off, the teamwork is gone, and most of all, the belief is nowhere to be found. The only thing Gil has been consistent in for the past three years is losing in the playoffs. We didn't miss him this season, and wouldn't miss him if he sat on the bench.

Posted by: LK | April 21, 2008 9:27 PM

@ Owl

The Wizards play down to the level of competition. They don't lay out inferior teams. When they play the C's, they play hard and give a damn. When they play the Cavs, they think their talent will carry them alone.

@ LK

They are pretty mediocre. 43-39 is just four games above mediocre. They're average because they'll play well and try hard against great teams. But they'll play down to teams worse than they. That's what makes an average team.

Posted by: Colin | April 21, 2008 9:29 PM

I too think this is Eddie's last series with the Wiz if they continue to play like this. They did come back from 2-0 against Chicago, but there is no excuse for getting beaten by 20-30 in the playoffs. Is Haywood that critical? The Big three are shooting horribly tonight so there are reasons not to blame Eddie's... but results are what matter and this team is not playing smart.

Posted by: Truthsayer | April 21, 2008 9:31 PM

Colin-

Thats why I hope we get blown out in the most painful manner. I want all the pundits to declare the series over, and ESPN to run as many Lebron highlights as possible over the next few days. When this team is absolutely against the wall is the only time they come out.

Posted by: Owl | April 21, 2008 9:32 PM

To all you Cavs dorks posting in there, NOBODY is blaming the refs!

Although, if you can't admit King baby gets calls ALL game long, then you have no brains or perspective!

Haywood thrown out for pushing him, Butler called for a foul for breathing on him, wraps around DS on O, throws forearms with no calls, give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ain't why we lost but you'll see a BIG difference in DC when he does not get EVERY call go his way!

I won't be surprised if Haywood gets suspended either. NBA loves it's stars to advance!

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:34 PM

It wouldn't be surprised if Jordan got the boot if the Wiz lose, but I would point people towards the post-title years for the current Pistons crew as proof that sometimes changing coaches doesn't solve the problem. The Pistons are on their 3rd different coach since they won the title, yet they still have the same issues with lack of focus and playing down to the level of their competition. Sometimes the players are the problem.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 9:36 PM

So the Cavs hold serve in a very decisive way. But it is too early to call the season like most of you are doing. Sometimes in playoffs blowouts surprisingly happen. Can we come back? I am not sure. But let's see how this plays out on Thursday. The coaching issues are not new but the time to fire EJ is bit here yet.

Yes, Gil looks horrible out there tonight. He is hurt and over-trying. If you are a true fan with tickets you go and try to pump them up on Thursday rather than give up because we are down 2-0.

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 21, 2008 9:37 PM

The Cav's are a bunch of soft wet P's that will be handled in game 3 & 4.

Just wait and see little cav fans on this post. You wont be around here after game 3 & 4 and wait for the rest of the series. Get your shots in now while you can

Posted by: Cav Punks | April 21, 2008 9:40 PM

I think the Wizards biggest problem is that all of their star players never seem to play well at the same time.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:40 PM

I love it,lets blow up the whole team from head coach to AJ,CB,GA.BH,AD,AB,NY, DS,DM,OP, HELL!! CHEERLEADERS TOO!!!! They were down o-2 to the bulls and won four straight granted this was an embarrasment of epic proportions but "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" If they have any pride then they will come back and tie this series up and I for one believe they will!!!!!.

Posted by: DARGREGMAG@AOL.COM | April 21, 2008 9:40 PM

Strike that. The Pistons are on their second coach since the title, their third since they started their 5-year eastern conference string.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 9:40 PM

I am embarrassed to be a wizards fan right now. I don't care if gilbert is hurt--he's playing like a little girl. Sure LeBron gets every call and I now officially hate him more than Kobe, but Queen James getting calls is only the reason we are down 30 rather than 15. The wiz look lethargic and that's shown on both ends of the floor: our non-existent flow on offense and our careless attitude towards every aspect of defense--especially rebounding. We just gave up 116 points to one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA

Posted by: dfresh58 | April 21, 2008 9:43 PM

I can't feel my face...

No, seriously...

I can't feel my face.

Posted by: Deshawn | April 21, 2008 9:44 PM

DJ WITH THE HAND WAIVE!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:44 PM

OK, this IS bad, and though I imagined the possibility, I did not expect it. I fully expected what the Wiz seemed to deliver in the opening minutes of the 1st quarter. DS's hustle on the opening tip, an 8 pt. lead about midway in the quarter. But before the end of the quarter, it had shifted, then the Wiz caved in the closing minutes of the half. For some reason they weren't executing plays. They seemed to be throwing up bricks with very little ball movement. They bore no resemblance to a playoff-caliber team. It was tough to watch.

OK, back to DC. Can they pull this out? Yes. Will they? It will take electro-shock therapy or something. I don't pretend to know what's really wrong, who is really injured and how badly, why GA doesn't seem to realize he has two all-stars out there with him and other good teammates, why CB isn't playing like an all-star, why they're choking, etc., etc., etc.

But they have to win the next two. This ain't Chicago three years ago. The Wiz can't get down 0-3 or 1-3 to LeBron. They must return to Cleveland series tied.

Posted by: 7snider7 | April 21, 2008 9:44 PM

The Wiz shot more free throws tonight than the cavs. All you wizard fans SUCK. Complain some more you fricken babies

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:45 PM

The worst thing for the Zards has been going to the playoffs for a few years. At least before they were just pitiful, now they are pitiful and unlikeable. They are an embarrassment for our entire region right out on the national stage.

Posted by: ingram13 | April 21, 2008 9:45 PM

@ Colin,

If and when we lose this series, I will not watch a damn game next year if EJ is still coach. Damn, the scrubs are running offensive sets that I never saw the starters attempt. Apparently, EJ has NO control over his stars!

"Very rare to have playoff blowouts like this", Reggie Miller keeps saying. Gotta love it.

Reggie also mentioned starting Arenas next game. Are you kidding me? He was the one that started the downward spiral with his typical me first play starting in the first period. The game changed for the worse as soon as he entered the game! Max him out!

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:45 PM

I would kick Stevenson off the team. Clearly he does nothing positive and only makes the situation worse

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:47 PM

You seen Baby Lebron and Damon Jones. If they knew they were good they would not be doing that playground s at the end of the game.

Get it in now Lebron. That will be hard to due in the next game when your on the court crying for fouls. I cant stand him, Jordan would never have handled himself in that manner James will never have my respect.

Posted by: Cav Punks | April 21, 2008 9:47 PM

Again this couldn't have worked out better for us. If we were going to lose in Cleveland I prefer it to be a blowout. Another close loss and I think we would have been done mentally. At least now we can throw out this game film and live with this embarrassment for three days.

Posted by: Owl | April 21, 2008 9:48 PM

ej should be ashamed. this loss is on him. his coaching is horrendous. btw i guess the guy who said if ny played we'd lose by 30 was right. his 7 minutes really cost us. what a joke. daniels and destink should take a good ard look in the mirror. big time.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 9:48 PM

Game just finished. That was the most gutless performance by a Washington area professional sports franchise I've ever seen. That was worse that Norv Turner in 2000 at Tampa. The Wizards not only embarrassed themselves, but the city of Washington. Shameful.

Posted by: moeman | April 21, 2008 9:50 PM

Given what Adelman did in Houston after Van Gundy, it's possible that someone else could come in and give this team the focus it needs. Seems to me that a team that can beat Boston and lose to Miami without anyone being surprised has a coaching issue. (That and Gilbert is not a leader and needs to be traded. But since EG is not gonna trade him,) we gotta see what happens when someone else rolls the dice... Larry Brown, Jeff Van Gundy, Don Nelson...Tom Thibidaux...

Posted by: Truthsayer | April 21, 2008 9:51 PM

By the posts on this site by these Cav fans it is easy to see why they don't know basketball and will never know anything credible about the game.

Have fun talking there is no Championship in your all future. Savor these two wins tonight. I really don't think there will be any more for them this season. I see the Wiz taking the next four, Circa 2005.

Posted by: Cav Punks | April 21, 2008 9:52 PM

I love GA but can anyone explain to me why he was in the game when we were down by over 20 points? With his bad knee shouldn't we had sat him down until the next game? Hopefully the zards will even the game out with two games at home. If not, good-bye EJ.

Posted by: DEMJ | April 21, 2008 9:53 PM

Here you go crying. Especially you "Cav Punks" "Jordan would have never..." Shut your mouth and "Witness" this azz kicking the Wizards are getting. Funny, your team talk smack the the entire last month of the season and you want to talk about what Jordan would have never done. Your team wants to foul all night instead of manning up and playing ball. Go home the Cavs own you. Hibatchi.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 9:55 PM

For the fool who said Jordan would never do something like that:

Do you not remember when he posterized Mutumbo and did the finger wag?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 9:55 PM

I'm so great. I'm going to go blog about it now. Did you see that one lay up I made?

Posted by: Agent Zero | April 21, 2008 9:57 PM

I'm overrated. I do the hand-wave when I'm down by 20.

Posted by: Deshawn | April 21, 2008 9:58 PM

@ Kal

I would have hired Scott Skiles in the offseason, but he is now off the market. He made Chicago play ABOVE THEIR ABILITIES and he made them play tough. Just what we need. We annually play soft and BELOW OUR ABILITIES. Of course, Mr. Sensitive Mr. Quirky Mr. Whatever probably could not handle being coached with a tough minded approach. Awww...poor baby!

@ Dargreg

Keep believing bc this team gives you every reason to believe. You must really like this soft, embarrassing team. DS is a complete embarrassment. Somebody needs to jump in his face in the locker for his antics!

Where is the leadership on this team?

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:58 PM

telling comment from a sideline reporter during a timeout in the 4th. said that ej barely said a word in the huddle. just scribbled a couple of plays and really didnt have anything to say to the players. way to go ej. what a dispicable job of coaching.
even reggie m said you hardly ever see blowouts like this in the playoffs. unreal.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:00 PM

"No more wins for this season" "Not credible about basketball" Are you serious? "Cavs Punk" should be banned from this blog. Oh, so you are telling me that the Wizards can win 4 out of the next 5 games from the Cavs? Based on what? What they did tonight? Some "knowledge level you have "Cavs Punk".

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 10:00 PM

What kind of loser goes onto the chat room of other teams? Cleveland Man, get a life.

Oh, I forgot, you live in Cleveland. You got nothing better to do. And your sports teams have sucked for so many decades that you're all geeked up over a Game 2 win.

Loser town.

Posted by: Prazak | April 21, 2008 10:00 PM

Where is the leadership on this team?

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:58 PM

hmmmm. oh never mind.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:02 PM

I am a Clevelander and a Cavs fan and i know that the series is far from over. The Wizards are an explosive offensive team and the Cavs have been wildly inconsistent since the big trade. That being said, what is the deal with DeShawn Stevenson? He talked garbage about arguable the best player in the league. He has done nothing offensively when it mattered (he scored 12 tonight, but most after the game was already decided). He has basicly gotten his butt kicked the last two games. Yet he has the nerve to do that hand thing when down by 15+ points? That is some embarrassing stuff. Wiz fans can not be happy with this guy's act.

Posted by: Hondo17 | April 21, 2008 10:02 PM

the wiz were outplayed, outclassed and looked like a bunch of losers tonight. Every single one of them should be embarassed. Let's hope they come to play on Thurs. They need to get back to crushing the boards like game 1. and the blatant fouling is beat. Its careless, leads to easy and-1s (not to mention ejections) and only serves to piss off/motivates Queen and his boys. They need to man up and play some legitimate D and stop settling for long Js 2 passes into the possesion. One or two more games like that and EG better not even consider a max deal for zero. Also Blache is worthless. All that being said, i think they can get 3 & 4.

Posted by: pepcoenergy3 | April 21, 2008 10:03 PM

this team should seriously consider jvangundy. enough is enough. no more freakin excuses. the facts are the coaching stinks, your starting guards are a joke. you have no plays written when it matters. when the team really needs coaching there is none.
stop the madness~~~~~~~

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:05 PM

Prazak:

I came to listen to you whine. Since you guys are good at posting blogs I figured I should see what its all about. I see now. Cry babies. "your city sucks". Who the hell cares. I dont sit in traffic all day.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 10:08 PM

Hey Ivan, tell the Wizards this for me:

BOOOOOO!!!!

No more excuses, they just need to shut up and play.

As much as I have been a champion of Gil's on this blog, EG better think long about giving him a max deal. He's really not worth it right now.

At least the Caps have showed some heart the last couple games. I hope the Wiz take note.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | April 21, 2008 10:08 PM

Like I said cavs in 4 maybe 5 and gilly will be gone next year.

Posted by: Beas | April 21, 2008 10:09 PM

Wizards: Soft! Soft! Soft! Stop talking trash and just play a hard fought game! It is noo reason why the Wizards should have lost both of these games! It's all physcological with them now! Lebron is overrated and the Wizards play no defence. ARENAS, JAMISON, BUTLER ALL SOLD US OUT! SOFT! SOFT! SOFT!

Posted by: DC Run Joe | April 21, 2008 10:12 PM

You can't see me.

Posted by: Damon Jones | April 21, 2008 10:15 PM

The guys you have to feel bad for are Jamison and Butler. Those dudes have been killing themselves for this team (Twan in particular this season) all season and they get a bunch of trash talking bulletin-board crap and a roster full of quitters for their trouble.

If you're Jamison, why in the hell would you resign with the Wiz in the offseason when plenty of contenders would be more than happy to sign a veteran 20/10 guy as the final piece to their playoff puzzle?

Final 3 minutes of the third tonight was by far the worst 5 minutes of professional basketball I've ever watched, BTW. I'd take the early 90's Bullets with Never Nervous Pervis and Ladell "Leedil Eeekels" Eackles over tonight's horror show.

Shout out from Austin TX, btw... I see the blog hasn't changed much in the last year :)

Posted by: DGack | April 21, 2008 10:16 PM

When the Wizards start playing their game they might make this a series again. They are not a physical team, so why are they trying to be physical? During the regular season they ran there offense thru CB, but that hasn't happened in this series. Trying to be physical tonight took them out of this game. The CAVS play a grind them out physical game, and therefore appear not to be rattled. The Wizards need to get RM involved in this series if they want to win. They are running a man at CB from either AD's or DS's man. Neither one of them is shooting particularly well; therefore the CAVS are exploiting it. Seeing that tells me that the CAVS are worried about CB having a good game.

Posted by: bullets_0000 | April 21, 2008 10:17 PM

"There is no way you can compare the Piston's coaching situation with the Wiz. There is no way you can compare the two teams at all. You are comparing champions and perennial contenders with a bunch of pampered, talk smacking, selfish, soft Wizard's players."

There must be a way because I did it.

I'm a Detroit native and long-time Pistons fan and have spent a lot of time listening to and discussing the reasons behind the teams' falling short of their goals in the postseason the past three years. If you don't think there are parallels then you've never spent any time in a Detroit Pistons fan forum and heard the things they've said about Carlisle, Brown, and Saunders over the years.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 10:18 PM

cavs man shut up come to Dc and see whats good mo. wiz win game 3 and 4

Posted by: brandon | April 21, 2008 10:18 PM

Is it possible to be a Wizards fan and not hate LeBron and whine about the calls he gets? I mean, he did throw up a 30-9-12 today; it's a little silly to call him "Queen" and talk about him being overrated. The fact is, playoff series have long been about who has the best player, and LeBron is hands down the best player in the East. The Wizards are a deeper, more talented team 1 through 12, but it's insane to talk about how much you want to play a player as singularly dominant as him (who has already shown he can single-handedly win the East).

I still think this series goes 6, and I'll be rooting the whole way for the Wizards, but everyone should probably gain some perspective about both teams.

(Now, while I don't really buy that the refs baby him nearly as much as everyone here is saying, I'll admit that they're definitely going to be more protective of the league's stars in flagrant situations; probably not fair, but the Wiz should have been aware of it.)

Posted by: Jake | April 21, 2008 10:18 PM

The Wiz are heartless, gutless and stopped trying to play basketball...and dont blame the coach - this team is built for the regular season and doesnt have the stomach to do anything in the post season.

Its the players - not the coach - they played stupid and poorly. Say dumb things about Cleveland all you want...but the games tell the story. Arenas is another me-first dogger who starts looking for body parts that ache when the game goes bad. Keep him please...we enjoy this!

Posted by: DC in C town | April 21, 2008 10:19 PM

we supposedly have 3 thats three ALL STARS. tough juice? more like skim milk. aj and gilby? like the guy said--SOFT. and destink is just a waste. wow.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:28 PM

Knew we were in trouble, when EJ said no there would be no changes to start this game. The playoffs are about adjustments.
Past time for a coaching change, and an ownership one as well, as the current regime will never let local boy EJ go.
Also time for the weight room for this team, and by by to Brenda.
The new formula for this league is athletic and skilled. THe 76's are the new prototype, whether they win the Piston series or not. THey consistently win the 4th quarter with atheltic skills and hustle, lovely to watch. Every player is atheltic . swift and strong...how does that compare to this Wiz band of softies, esp mentally from the head coach down.
I feel for AJ a totally classy pro.

Posted by: mricklen | April 21, 2008 10:30 PM

Looks like it's time to become a hockey fan.

I would not want to be on the plane home with the Wiz tonight.

Posted by: khrabb | April 21, 2008 10:31 PM

btw any1 wanna find me ill be at the game thursday and ill be ez to spot. ill be the guy with a bag over his head.
and a blue shirt.
white out? yea right.
more like white flag.
what a freakin surrender.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:33 PM

@mricklen , who posted "and by by to Brenda."

This is why Ernie Grunfeld is GM and you are mricklen. Haywood's a helluva player having a helluva season, and since you didn't notice, things really slid for the Wiz when he was ejected.

Posted by: 7snider7 | April 21, 2008 10:35 PM

Haywood's a helluva player having a helluva season,
Posted by: 7snider7 | April 21, 2008 10:35 PM

unfortunately thats not exactly true. haywood had a good season by haywood standards. he worked hard and improved his ft shooting and his scoring. however, hes still soft. he still has brick hands and is still a hit or miss shooter.

he did better this year. but a helluva season? no. and he isnt in the elite of big men, which if he was gonna be, he would be by now.
this is probably as good as it gets for him.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:45 PM

Posted by: 7snider7 | April 21, 2008 10:35 PM

really. he was ejected in the 3rd period with the cavs already up by 15 and the wiz all but dead in the water.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:51 PM

dk, you're an idiot. We were still "in it" down by 15. Right after Brendan went out, boom 25 point game.

Posted by: Adam | April 21, 2008 10:54 PM

uh-oh, dk. Now you've done it. You dared speak of Haywood with anything other than effusive unqualified praise. That kind of thing is simply not allowed hereabouts. Better get an umbrella. There's a serious sh*tstorm heading your way.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 10:54 PM

As sorry as the game that the Wiz brought against Cleveland tonight, and it was sorry, the postings by their erstwhile supporters makes them look like champs.

Get a grip folks, they aren't as bad as they looked tonight. It is also not clear whether the starting lineup, if Arenas is included, has a healthy body among them except for Haywood and he got tossed in the third.

There was a possibility that the Wiz could have worked their way back into the game in the second half but when Haywood was ejected things went from bad to awful.

When Arenas finally hit a shot after going 0 for 7 or 8, the camera caught him gingerly flexing his wrist, I don't see the point in playing him if he is that banged up.

Posted by: myshkin | April 21, 2008 10:56 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 9:09 PM

That wasn't me

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 10:56 PM

dk, you're an idiot. We were still "in it" down by 15
Posted by: Adam | April 21, 2008 10:54 PM

eve dont be a hater. normally down by 15 isnt out of it. but sometimes 15 actually means 50. and if you watched this game and understood it, which i doubt you did or could, youd know it was over by halftime.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:59 PM

Classic Wizards fan. Priceless

Posted by: | April 21, 2008 9:10 PM

You have to excuse me, I'm a fan in a pathetic city like Cleveland. We haven't won a championship in 40+ years so we are desperate. That's why we scower around other city's websites.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 11:00 PM

Posted by: | April 21, 2008 11:00 PM

does rock hall of fame town even have a newspaper?

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 11:03 PM

Posted by: CLE ROCS | April 21, 2008 9:21 PM

I feel sorry for myself since I'm a pathetic Cleveland Fan. I just realized Lebron will never win a Championship be we haven't won any kind of championships in 40+ years.

Posted by: CLE ROCS | April 21, 2008 11:06 PM

Posted by: Black | April 21, 2008 9:22 PM

I've been telling myself for over 40 years that we would win a Championship in Cleveland, I guess I will continue to surf other cities' websites like DC and blah blah blah

Posted by: Black | April 21, 2008 11:08 PM

Adam, the Wizards were not in the game when Haywood got booted. That's Why Haywood clobbered Lebron. The Cavs had been systematically building the lead since midway through the 2nd quarter and the Wiz were helpless to stop them.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 11:09 PM

Posted by: CLE ROCS | April 21, 2008 9:24 PM

I truly feel embarrassed by all of us Cleveland fans too. We continue to cheer even though it's been over 40 years.

Posted by: CLE ROCS | April 21, 2008 11:11 PM

Adam, the Wizards were not in the game when Haywood got booted.
Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 11:09 PM

kal dont waste your breath. its a lil 2 complicated for her. youd be better off explainin to that lil girl about how youre supposed to bounce the ball without walking and throw it in the net. she needs to understand the basics first.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 11:15 PM

dk, you're an idiot. We were still "in it" down by 15
Posted by: Adam | April 21, 2008 10:54 PM

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 10:59 PM

...and kalorama

I watched the game and all, but there was still like 20 minutes left in the game, and we were still only a few buckets away from a single digit deficit. The Wiz have come back countless times from similar deficits, but when your only legit big man goes out halfway through the 3rd, that comeback becomes impossible.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 11:15 PM

@ Kal

"There must be a way because I did it."

Yeah, and bc you said it that means it MUST be right and/or makes sense. LMAO

Yeah, Haywood is our problem! Sure. Our problem is controlling Arenas and, in this series, DS's stupidity, and pathetic coaching. I want to see CB take leadership of this team and stop deferring to anybody else.

By the way, we were up 15-9 when Arenas entered the game and down by 2 when he sat back down. So much for a spark off the bench! If he can't shoot bc of his wrist, he should shred the defense and pass it! Oops...sorry....GA does not know what that means.

@ dk

Just bc DS is making as a$$ out of himself this series, it does not justify your obsession with him as a whole and wanting to replace him with NY the rookie in the playoffs. Please...notice your the only one calling for it...so I guess the rest of the blog, the coaches, and the basketball universe are wrong and YOUR right. lol

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 11:16 PM

Posted by: | April 21, 2008 9:45 PM

Sorry I made a mistake. I just looked up some Cleveland History and we haven't won a Championship in 40+ years. We SUCK. I guess I will go cry now until we finally win something.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 21, 2008 11:17 PM

@ Colin,

Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 9:45 PM

It was all Gilby's fault. Jamison had a great Game. Butler had a great game. The role players had a great game. Gilby is the only one that played bad for the Wiz. We need to get rid of him because it's always his fault.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 21, 2008 11:19 PM

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 11:15 PM

Wow bro, we were still in it when he went out. You must not have watched any of the games this year when we came back from double digit deficits.

Posted by: Adam | April 21, 2008 11:20 PM

Please...notice your the only one calling for it..
Posted by: Rob P | April 21, 2008 11:16 PM

yea well columbus was the only one sayin the world was round 2. sometimes we stand alone.
btw we in case you didnt notice we got blown out by 30 with destink and ad at guard. tryin nick sure couldnt hurt could it.
also i was the only 1 who said bench destink. the only 1.
now every1 is crying for his head.
sometimes its lonely at the top but ill say again, play ny, sit destink, and ej better wake up cause his coaching is some of the worst ive eva seen.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 11:21 PM

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 9:55 PM

I wish I can finally witness a Championship in Cleveland.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 11:22 PM

Posted by: Agent Zero | April 21, 2008 9:57 PM

I'm overrated. I do the hand-wave when I'm down by 20.

Posted by: Deshawn | April 21, 2008 9:58 PM

I'm a cleveland fan and I'm 40!!! I've never seen a championship in this city but I will still talk trash.

Posted by: Cleveland Fan | April 21, 2008 11:24 PM

btw last i checked the playoffs are all about adjustments. if you lost the first game, then got blown out in the next one, you might wanna try somethin new. or you could keep doin the same thing, lose by 40 next time and think about what if over the summer.

Posted by: dk | April 21, 2008 11:26 PM

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 10:00 PM

I'm telling myself that we will win a Championship in the next 40 years. Based on what? Not the last 40 years? I guess i'm a pathetic cleveland fan.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 11:27 PM

Prazak:

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 10:08 PM

I just sit in my basement all day, since I promised myself i won't come out until we win a Championship. Dumb Mistake huh? Who know it would be over 40 years.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 11:30 PM

You can't see me.

Posted by: Damon Jones | April 21, 2008 10:15 PM

Cleveland, you can't see any championships

Posted by: Damon Jones | April 21, 2008 11:31 PM

Posted by: DC in C town | April 21, 2008 10:19 PM

I wish we could keep some Championships, but we dont' have any to keep.

Posted by: DC in C town | April 21, 2008 11:34 PM

I wish I was Leborn Baby James so I could look at myself in the mirror all day long and realize I will not win a championship in Cleveland.

I can't wait to go with my boy Jay Z and play for the Nets.

Man I cant beleive bron bron is going to leave me, I better stay on his nisutzzz for as long as I can becuase I know he will opt out soon.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 11:35 PM

"Yeah, and bc you said it that means it MUST be right and/or makes sense."

No, it doesn't mean that. But you said I couldn't compare the two. I can and did. It was a simple matter of typing the words. Is the comparison valid? That's a matter of opinion. And as far as this particular issue goes, I really couldn't care less about yours.

Posted by: kalorama | April 21, 2008 11:38 PM

If Lebron lets me, I would swallow too. Anything to keep hope alive to end our drought.

Posted by: Cleveland Man | April 21, 2008 11:41 PM