Chat today

We'll be doing an NBA chat today at 2 p.m. and I'll do my best to answer any and all of your Wizards questions. Mike Lee will handle the NBA. I'm heading to Verizon Center for the Wiz shootaround and will blog any and all updates later in the day.

By Ivan Carter |  April 2, 2008; 10:19 AM ET
Previous: Arenas cleared, now what? | Next: Shootaround update

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Posted by: Eric | April 2, 2008 10:35 AM

Link?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 2, 2008 10:46 AM

Hostage from what? From seeing a guy with an injured knee play 20 minutes?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 2, 2008 10:47 AM

You can find it on the front page, scroll down, on the left. Here's the link:

Posted by: Smith | April 2, 2008 10:48 AM

There's confirmation now of Gil being cleared to play, from washingtonwizards.com. They say it's "unknown" whether he'll return tonight against the Bucks, and that they'll have more information after this morning's shootaround (which started at 10 am)...

Posted by: Josh | April 2, 2008 10:57 AM

When Gil wasn't cleared to play he wants to play, now that he's cleared, he's not sure. Come on Gil, the team needs you down the stretch. Suck it up brotha.

Posted by: Tu | April 2, 2008 11:04 AM

If you all read Arena's blog, he said that his first game back from the injury is going to be in Verizon Center, not a road game. It makes perfect sense if he suits up tonight.

Posted by: fire starter | April 2, 2008 11:31 AM

"Agent Zero's holding the team and its fans hostage! Love Gilbert, but someone's got to pour him a glass of tough juice...

Posted by: Eric | April 2, 2008 10:35 AM "

He'd gag, just like GM's wife.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 2, 2008 11:36 AM

Sorry folks, I'm really having a bad day. All this talk about Gilby returning is making my head spin, I can't concentrate.

My apologies to GM and his wife.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 2, 2008 11:56 AM

...plus I'm off my medication which is compounding my illness.

Sorry...

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 2, 2008 11:57 AM

...plus my vag hurts real bad. the Raiders offensive line stretched it out real good

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 2, 2008 11:59 AM

We have all said that we wanted Gil to come back and play some D. He must have thought we were talking about drama, not defense!

The team doctors do not have a good history at all yet I do expect him to play tonight. He did say he wanted to return at home. Eight games remaining to get his confidence and his wind back.

We need to get into a good groove now, a streak started and catch those Cavs so we can start the series with them in our house.

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 2, 2008 12:02 PM

Reminder to all bloggers:

85, 86, 87, 89, 90

Let he who is wise understand.

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 2, 2008 12:07 PM

GA is holding off until Friday's game vs. Miami because its nationally televised. He wants to a make a splash when he returns and Miami would be a lot easier opponent than Milwaukee who plays a more physical style. Easier for GA to get his confidence back playing against D-Leaguers on Miami's bench than tonight. Plus, he probably wants to be "cleared" by a doctor in person now that the Wiz are back in D.C.

Posted by: wizfan89 | April 2, 2008 12:12 PM

hmmmm, didn't realize Friday was ESPN game. That theory does make sense. If he gets cleared today it makes more sense for him to go tonight. He may be ambivelant about this himself and want more information before saying "yes." But the national stage is always a factor for him. If that is true though, it is a shame. It should have NOTHING to do with it. He needs to come back as soon as he is healthy and get into game shape. And he needs to figure out how to mesh with the others. He was starting to when he went down in game 8. Defensive rotations and assignments are not what they were in the past. He needs to get on same page now. Otherwise his return will be a detriment.

Maybe they would then just use him like a closer in baseball? No, that doesn't work. He'll need to play 20-25 minutes to get into the flow to be any help in the fourth quarters.

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 2, 2008 12:39 PM

If he doesn't suit up tonight, then he can't play Friday. Plain and simple. As a GM, I wouldn't allow him to use the team to promote himself to willing takers next year. If Gil truly considers himself a Wizard and cares not only for himself but has his teammates and the organization best interest at heart, then he should do the right thing. Enough of this Diva BS Gil, it is not becoming.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 2, 2008 1:15 PM

Agent Zero really won me over the first few years here. I'd never miss one of his blogs. But, I'm sad to say that I've kinda soured on the kid. If you're just interested in coming back on national TV just to tell the world,"hey, I'm a free agent", just stay home , Gil. We know you'll get that contract..somewhere. But, doing this at the Wizard's expense is plain wrong. Ernie, hope you're taking note. No one person is bigger than an entire franchise.

Posted by: Terry Yates | April 2, 2008 3:19 PM

as i said earlier... play or no play Gilbert should suit up tonight.

Posted by: khrabb | April 2, 2008 6:14 PM