Walker moving

Don't spend too much time thinking about second round pick Bill Walker of K-State. I'm told that the Wiz are moving him. If the deal isn't announced tonight, it will be made official tomorrow. Not sure what for.

And folks, I know you're dying for info on nights like this and believe me, I'm hustling but I also write for the next day's paper and have to do interviews. After the first pick was made, I spoke with Ernie and JaVale McGee and wrote a first-edition story for the paper - all on a 9:45 deadline. Then I updated the blog and wrote a second story.

More coming.

By Ivan Carter |  June 26, 2008; 11:46 PM ET
Previous: Introducing JaVale McGee | Next: Walker to Boston for cash

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

First????

Posted by: Hammerwolf | June 26, 2008 11:51 PM

Hilarious. Most experts liked the Walker pick and the Wiz are dealing him.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 26, 2008 11:53 PM

Walker may have been a good pick at 47, but where would he have fit with our team? There would have been no spot for him really.

Posted by: LooseCannon | June 26, 2008 11:54 PM

For cash - really shows you where Abe's head/bank account is. Old bastard REALLY needs to sell this time. Time to let it go you old fart...

Posted by: DCManHater | June 26, 2008 11:55 PM

I liked Walker more than Mcgee. Or Pesh and Songaila for that matter

Posted by: Andy S | June 26, 2008 11:55 PM

K I THINK IM GOING CRAZY I HAVE AN IDEA LETS TRADE MCGEEEEEEEEEEEEE AND KEEP WALKER WTF WE ALREADY HAVE BLATCHE

Posted by: Anonymous | June 26, 2008 11:56 PM

For cash? Are u f'n kidding me? good dammit WTF?

Posted by: AJ_4 | June 26, 2008 11:56 PM

Hey Ivan, you wrote that the three rookies last year were all younger than Blatche. I think you meant older.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 26, 2008 11:56 PM

We appreciate it, Ivan. July 1st is the day we've all been waiting for....hopefully we'll hear it first from you when the Wiz re-sign Gil and Tawn.

Posted by: Adam | June 26, 2008 11:56 PM

He could've played in the D-League until the inevitable 2-3 week Caron injury.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 26, 2008 11:57 PM

we appreciate all that u do ivan, god bless you.

Posted by: numba1wizfan | June 26, 2008 11:57 PM

Well you would think that maybe this gives the wizards that all important luxury tax wiggle room... which might end up being the difference in keeping jamison and arenas. Or it could mean that we're trading away a solid prospect because we already have enough marginally good players that are developing. Someone please explain things to me. Please.

Posted by: greek mike | June 27, 2008 12:00 AM

wow it was for cash from the celtics. god damnit! k we better do something useful with this cash

Posted by: Anonymous | June 27, 2008 12:00 AM

Unreal -- we need Abe to sell this team to Leonsis yesterday... what a terrible draft night.

Posted by: Incredulous | June 27, 2008 12:01 AM

worst. trade. ever. I would have rather given away McGee than sold Walker.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 27, 2008 12:03 AM

Does trading Walker for cash means that we REALLY are going to give Arenas max money??!?!?

And Pollin doesn't want to go over the luxury cap no matter what??!?!

Posted by: tenk | June 27, 2008 12:04 AM

umm I don't think you people realize CASH doesn't count against the cap or anything. It goes straight to Abe Pollin. It's not like cap space. He straight sold walker to the defending champs to make his bank account better.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 27, 2008 12:05 AM

Agreed, Abe has to go, what a cheap charlie

Posted by: Surfer | June 27, 2008 12:09 AM

I hate this draft......1st round we pick some stiff who would not even come in for a workout?????? With Arthur, Kustof, Batum and Hickson all on the board. Then trade a promising second round pick for cash.....with HArdon and Hendrix still available. Did we not even have enough players for practice at times last year????But we trade our second round pick for nothing. Not to mention we Pobably could have got mcgee 10 picks lower. I need a valium. Being a wiazard fan sure is a character building experience.
Surfer

Posted by: Surfer | June 27, 2008 12:11 AM

What in the U Know what is going on Ernie?, you know that you have lied to fans since you've been in Wash. or just maybe your as not a great talent evaluator as labeled by many, stating every year that the wizards have enough talent to take it to the next level, Huh Ray, Stevie and Yeah even jose can see that the wizards only have average skilled big men whom all are very inconsistant, with the exception of the locker room brawls with each other, and you are getting paid handsomely by abe for making A--hole decisions like trading a young player like walker who is raw but better than the proven Bum big guys that has not and will not better this team. somebody close to abe has to let him know that Ernie should have been in the back seat with michael when he was ran out of town.

Posted by: Curt | June 27, 2008 2:28 AM

As a Celtic fan I greatly appreciate being sold Bill Walker.

Why wouldn't the Wizards use the pick to draft more talent?

Taking cash is a waste. No one was available at #47 that would have helped the Wizards and made the team?

Walker would have been a nice backup, and insurnce policy, in limited minutes to Butler and Jamison.

Posted by: John Gray | June 30, 2008 9:49 AM