Arenas, Nick Young's Unofficial Media Coach

A funny exchange after the Wizards' win against San Antonio on Wednesday night: As Nick Young met with reporters after going 7-for-8 with 15 points, Gilbert Arenas sidled up next to Young, like a boxing promoter, subtly advising his client on what to say.

When Young was asked about his success against the Spurs' Bruce Bowen, Arenas interrupted him before he could answer.

"Tell them you got youth on your side," Arenas said.

"I got youth on my side," Young said.

Antonio Daniels, standing nearby, started laughing. "Way to think of your own quote," he said.

Arenas later walked away and Young answered again, with no assistance.

"Bruce Bowen can guard everybody. I was just trying to bring out all my stuff on him," Young said.

Young managed to get the No. 1 spot on ESPN SportsCenter's top plays, for his impressive one-handed jam with Spurs center Fabricio Oberto flying by in a weak attempt to defend him.

"I had to dunk it," Young said, smiling. "I wanted the coaches to know I'm 100 percent, I'm good. I felt good out there."

By Michael Lee  |  October 24, 2008; 8:59 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Impressive In San Antonio
Next: The Other Side: Cleveland Cavaliers

Comments

the cavs r fixin 2 get OWNED

Posted by: prescrunk | October 24, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

NY is saying he's 100% while just last week, they were talking about knee surgery?

Next thing, we'll see books on how exploratory surgery is good preventive medicine.

aside: Move over Gilby, here comes the new generation.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | October 24, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone have the video of Nick Young Dunking on Fabricio Oberto?

Posted by: Shibbiedeph | October 24, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

These guys are crazy...I hope NY makes some noise.

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | October 24, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | October 24, 2008 9:41 AM

LMAO. I agree with that. I think they've been watching to many episodes of Fringe.

Posted by: CBell29 | October 24, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zxhoya | October 24, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

"I'm thinking Wiz doctors are trying to create new business to make up for the stock market losses."

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! Good one.

Posted by: gdiddy7 | October 24, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Tonight's game against Cleveland, if you guys want unbiased coverage, watch it on ESPN.

If you want second rate coverage with poor replays, analysis, and visuals, check Comcast.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | October 24, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse