Chilling With 'Tuff Juice'

Ivan Carter chats with Caron Butler and company at an outdoor cafe in Barcelona.

By Jonathan Forsythe  |  October 16, 2008; 12:43 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Checking In From Barcelona
Next: The Hype

Comments

nice ivan i love this video thing you have going on

Posted by: brandon | October 16, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I remember this Mountain Dew "ban" starting last year he said he stopped drinking a two litre(!) before every game and felt way better. I can't imagine why... haha I used to drink 4 cans a day myself a few years ago, can't imagine doing that now.

Posted by: John | October 16, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Was Caron signing a Gilbert Arenas jersey when the video started?

Posted by: Sam | October 16, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks but no thanks Ivan, I fear your directorial efforts are heading south, all the way to Barcelona in fact.

My recommendation, stay with the written word, it is your strength and we appreciate all you do for us vis a vis the Wiz in that regard.

If you must venture into film, I'd suggest you stay away from the hand held, unscripted improv style ala John Cassavetes unless someone in the cast can ad lib. Caron may be genius with a basketball but he needs some dialogue that expands the Mountain Dew envelope.

Glad your having fun, even if we're not.

Posted by: myshkin | October 16, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I hope Coke paid you well for that commercial. I think it is a shame you disguised advertising as a catch up with my favorite player.

Posted by: yankeevicar | October 16, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe how much more lean Caron is now than when he came to the Wizards. We took a picture with him at a meet and greet that first season, and there is a really big difference in just his face when you compare it to this.

Posted by: Lou | October 16, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Ivan, that was sweet, please keep these videos coming.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 16, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Anybody else catch this clip?

Posted by: myshkin | October 16, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Barcelona looks great - the outside cafe's and all. Keep them coming!

Posted by: washingtonian | October 16, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

It's not what I "think." It's a basic fact. The GM makes personnel and contract decisions, not the coach.

Posted by: kalorama | October 16, 2008 2:17 PM

Not necessarily. It makes sense for the GM to make the contract decisions but I can't imagine that EJ (or any other veteran coach) does not have the authority to make some roster decisions...especially for something like the final roster spot. While officially the GM will make the call, EJ's probably the guy telling EG what he needs based on his system, the injuries, etc. For example, EJ might rather have Dermarr because he can play both sg and sf positions rather than Juan. Wouldn't EJ be more qualified to make that call based on the capabilities of the other guys on the roster and the fact that he sees them practice every day and knows the strengths and weaknesses of each player? I would think so.

Posted by: mark | October 17, 2008 7:27 AM | Report abuse

Hey Ivan,
Your girlz waaay cuter than you. Good job.

Posted by: Rocky | October 17, 2008 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Aren't you (still) married?

Posted by: AB | October 17, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

ivan, get some talent or personality before interviewing a star like caron butler next time. he's a star player for the organization you write for, and all you could come up with was soda questions?

Posted by: billtimore | October 19, 2008 2:55 AM | Report abuse

GIVE ME A REPORT ON BUTLERS PROGRESS. BEFORE HIS INJURIES LAST SEASON HE WAS BEGINNING TO PLAY AT SUPERSTAR LEVELS. DO YOU THINK PECH CAN HELP THIS TEAM??

Posted by: kcandlc | October 20, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse