Jamison Practices in Berlin

First of all, sorry for the lack of posts the last two days. Have had major computer issues but they are resolve now (a little advice: do not have a power cord die on you en route to Germany. they are harder to find than you think. fortunately, i found a computer wiz named Jurg who hooked me up. thanks jurg!)

Now, I have a ton of things to get to and some cool video to post so be looking for that in a bit. As for the news of the day, Antawn Jamison practiced with the team today and is looking good on that knee. He won't play tomorrow against the Hornets but I would not be surprised if he played Friday in Barcelona. Talk about a fast healer..

Juan Dixon was out there shooting and doing a few drills but that right calf continues to bother him and I'm not sure about his status for tomorrow. I'll have an update after the morning shootaround.

Berlin is an amazing city folks and I'll have a lot to share real soon.

By Ivan Carter  |  October 13, 2008; 1:38 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jamison Aiming For Quick Return
Next: The Other Side: New Orleans Hornets

Comments

Glad to see everyone made it across the pond safely! What's the latest on Nick Young? I really think he will be a great help in initiating offense with our second unit. His ability to break down defenses will allow the Mac Attack (Dom & Javale to crash boards and get dunks).
No offense to Dee but he looks like he's holding back in dribble penetration. Maybe he wants Eddie to be confident in how he handles the offense but ball is ball. Get to the hole whenever you can Dee!

Posted by: el freako | October 13, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

How's the food - been eating bratswurst?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 13, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

There's nothing "amazing" about Berlin or any part of Germany for that matter. It is and always will be the home of the Holocaust. You might like the food and the sights, but it's still country that executed the greatest mass murder of innocent people in world history. To me, that's not "amazing" in a good way.

Posted by: BB | October 13, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

While I agree with you BB that Germany has a horrendous past, I hope this trip signifies the strides this new generation of German people is trying to make. It would be interesting to hear how the team and Ivan feel they have been treated on this trip as mostly black foreigners.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 13, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

You sound hopeful Anonymous, but from what I've been told by many people I know who have visited both Germany and Poland, the countries are still infested with way too many racists/anti-semites and they are definitely not welcoming of those who are not like them. It sounds like you may be a Liberal who wants to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I am a realist and I know that the young people living in those coutries today have the DNA of their grandparents who were a country full of murderers.

Posted by: BB | October 13, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I think it would also be unfair to compare the way the country treats a team full of african american celebrities to how they would compare a common Jew walking touring the country with a yarmulkah on his head. I'm sure the Wizards will be treated very well - it doesn't make Germans good people.

Posted by: BB | October 13, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Judging by the latest stuff in the US presidential campaign one does not need to cast stones at Germans and Poles about racism or anti-semitism. Berlin today is, by the way, as ethnically diverse and liberal a city as one could hope to find.

I am glad to hear Anotine is practicing for sure

Posted by: khrabb | October 13, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

As an individual who is not a racist or anti-semite, I can cast stones on that issue at whomever I want. And you're 100% wrong if you think Germany and Poland are not still anti-semitic. Neither country has a thriving Jewish community and the reason is that Jews are still not welcome. I'm glad to hear Antoine is well too, but khrabb needs a reality check.

Posted by: BB | October 13, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

so should no one travel to the US for our history in slavery/racism/treatment of the original indians? dont be ridiculous, id love to travel anywhere in this world

Posted by: hypocrit | October 13, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

BB,

Shut the F up. We are here to talk about basketball, not about the history of Germany and your opinions.

Posted by: Yeeeah | October 13, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Pretty much every nation on the face of the earth has some history of violence and oppression.

Posted by: kalorama | October 13, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

As someone who visits this blog for basketball news and has also visited Berlin, I find BB's comments vexing.

Please leave this topic alone on this forum. I find BB's comments both inappropriate and uninformed.

Posted by: Jon | October 13, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I heard that Germany is pretty happy to see black american men

Posted by: sickcuz | October 13, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

basketball wise though, I look for the Wizards to be pretty good this year in spite of the injuries...their young guys have played more than alot of other teams' young guys. Going out the way they did last year seems to have left a bad taste in their mouth.

Posted by: sickcuz | October 13, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey, guys! Wait a minute. Germany is in no kind full of racism or jew-haters. Jews are very welcome in Germany, maybe even more then here in the US. The generation that lives today has nothing in common, with thoses murders from over 60 years ago. The germans are very very shameful about what happened and it's defenitely not only a country of murders. It's a country of people trying to do the best to forget the dark past and look into a bright future. Berlin has even the biggest Turkish population outside of Turkey!!
Good thing that Antwan is back. I really hope to see a healthy squad when the season starts...

Posted by: Neugy | October 13, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

BB,
did you know that America once had slaves? Or that it systematicall went out of its way to eradicate the Native American population? Are you shameful, as an American for these activities? The past is the past, and the majority of the German population today had nothing to do with the Holocaust, so give them a break.

Posted by: Nicefellow31 | October 13, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Hasselhoff is huge in Germany.

I rest my case.

Posted by: BB | October 13, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I heard that Germany is pretty happy to see black american men

Posted by: sickcuz | October 13, 2008 5:24 PM

Co sign! Most European women love black american men but German woman LOVE us! I'd advise any brotha with a passport who likes to get down to make that trip ASAP...

Posted by: el freako | October 13, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

how bout them cowboys

Posted by: a | October 13, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Everybody who has an issue with Berlin and the Holocaust, I'll bet you enjoyed your day off today, yes Columbus day, a day set aside for a guy who came here and had his very own holocaust with the Native Americans.

Posted by: DC Man88 | October 13, 2008 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Bravo Nicefellow31, Could not have said it batter myslef and was about to make the same point before reading your post. B.B. is definetly close minded and to talk such trash about a country he has never been to is a shame. B.B. why not take a nice vacation over to Europe and you will see for yourself. The dollar has gotten stronger so trips to Europe are more afforable now. Happy Wizard to everyone. And yes, Germans love David Hasilhoff

Posted by: Surfer | October 13, 2008 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC Man88 | October 13, 2008 9:40 PM

OWNED

Posted by: Anonymous | October 14, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

"but from what I've been told by many people"

Good job admitting that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 14, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse