Happy Holidays From Cleveland

Happy Holidays to all of you from Cleveland where it's exactly how you think it is: windy and cold with just a little bit of snow flying. Oh well.

As you might imagine, the Wizards could seriously use a win tonight but the Cavs are 24-4 and have been crushing teams like the Wiz all season (14-0 against teams with losing records.)

One interesting thing to monitor tonight: Dominic McGuire will get his second start and with it the x-mas gift of defending LeBron James. McGuire has the ahtletic tools to at least hang with a guy like James but will he get any calls? It's tough for young guys.

McGuire on the matchup: "It's a challenge but I'm looking forward to it. He's a great player and I mean, he's giving everyone else 30 anyway so, I'm just going to play him my best."

By Ivan Carter  |  December 25, 2008; 12:14 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Other Side: Cleveland Cavaliers
Next: Wizards (4-22) at Cavaliers (24-4)

Comments

Happy Holidays Ivan.

Here's wishing for a holiday miracle with a Wiz win but there is absolutly no way we win this one.
Cavs defend and rebound, two things that gives us problems. Oh, and they have the best player in the league.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Posted by: zxhoya | December 25, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Merry Christmas to everyone and to us poor wizards fans! May Santa drop a CB triple-double and/or JM stuffing a game-winning LBJ dunk under the DC tree tonight!

I love DMac to death but he's just going to get completely abused tonight. Gonna get zero calls his way...

Posted by: yukiwith2us | December 25, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

It will be the same ole story tonight. Tapps will start AB and DMac then by midway through the first quater DeBrick and DSong will be playing most of the remaining minutes for the game. DS, CB, AJ, and DSong hasn't worked all year for either coach regardless of who plays point yet they still get most of the burn. These trusted vets have 4 wins on the season. I do think Gil and Wood make this team as good as anyone except Boston and Clev. in the east. I'm also not ready to completely blow it up but I wouldn't be opposed to trading AJ and Etan for a good prospect and an expiring. Todays game will be out of reach by half time but as a Wiz fan I will watch as much as I can stomach. Merry Christmas All !!!!!

Posted by: dhbond | December 25, 2008 9:18 AM

dhbond - If I did not know any better, I would have thought I had a twin writing this comment you posted. I could not agree more.

*** Wiz Fans - Get ready for plenty more of "slow small ball" with Song. at the 5 and Stevenson getting more run coming off of the bench then he did when he started.

We have all seen this movie before. The worst part is having to hear Charles Barkley rip the Wizards a good one once a again.

I don't know if Ike is playing, but get ready for Song. to defend him, or try too.

Ivan could you please ask Tapscott if he is not going to play Etan, which I have no problem with, why not make him inactive and bring up OPEC?

Let OPEC get some run at big Ike. AB is going to be in instant foul trouble with him and then Tapscott is going to give Song. 40 minutes.

McGee will get a DNP because Tapscott will come up with another lame excuse why he could not use him in the game (i.e. the same thing Eddie J' used to do with Haywood and AB).

This might be the game where the whole thing implodes on Tapscott. The vet's now have no confidence they can win and the young players have no confidence they can just go out and play without being yanked for one mistake.

Tabscott has actually made things WORST then when Eddie J' was fired. The only ones on that team that probably like Tapscott right now is AJ, Stevenson, Song and AB. Everyone else probably would like another change.....

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 25, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Stuckey laughed as he boiled down his performance to its basic form. "My teammates are finding me," he said. "I was hitting my shot, I was getting to the free-throw line, getting to the basket. That's how I scored 40 points." Detroit Free Press

This is what happens when you have management and a coach who know how to development their young talent.

On the other hand, you have NY who is learning how to play defense but his offensive game will be way better then Stuckeys.

But as usual, we have a coach here who does not know how to call games pertaining to substitutions; so enjoy the 38 minutes Stevenson is going to get and take away from NY.....

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 25, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

BulletsFever wrote: "Mind you, Stuckey was picked one slot before NY. I have seen Stuckey play, and he is not a defensive stopper and he does have a nice offensive game... you have NY who is learning how to play defense but his offensive game will be way better then Stuckeys."

Geez, I wish I could agree. Stuckey looks way more NBA-ready on both ends of the court. The Wiz should play Young more, particularly early in a game, but not because it'll help them win. They should play him because young guys get so little practice time in the NBA that it's the only way they can develop.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 25, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Sigh. Roger Mason, Jr. Sigh.

Posted by: empsg59 | December 25, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

ROGER MASON JR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I know he wouldn't change THAT much on the Wiz but man, should we have kept him or not??!!

Posted by: rachel216 | December 25, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Preemptive strike on the Mason vs Stevenson debate!

Yes we should have kept Mason over Stevenson! We all get it!

haha I'm kidding; go nuts ragging on DSteve...

Posted by: yukiwith2us | December 25, 2008 7:13 PM | Report abuse