Lakers 106, Wizards 104

Turning point: Wizards F Caron Butler missed a potential game-winning three-pointer and the buzzer sounded before Andray Blatche could attempt a putback layup. The play was set up after Kobe Bryant uncharacteristically missed a free throw that would have given the Lakers a three-point lead with 14.3 seconds remaining. The Wizards did not have a timeout so Butler took Trevor Ariza one-on-one, froze him with a series of pump fakes and released a pretty clean-looking shot.

MVP: Butler had a strong game (26 points, nine rebounds, four assists and three steals) and Bryant hit a huge turnaround J off glass late but Andray Blatche was huge as tteh WIzards came back from a 20-point third quarter deficit. He finished with 18 points and 12 assists. It was his second best game of the season (Golden State)

"I'm just trying to stay around the rim and finish plays," Blatche said.

-Key stats: The Lakers blew the game open with a 27-12 run at the start of the third but the Wizards held a 32-19 scoring edge in the fourth. The Lakers made 10 of 20 three-point attempts but the Wizards held a 47-38 rebounding edge.

-Coach Ed Tapscott said he was fine with Butler's decision to take the last shot but would have preferred if he'd taken it about two seconds early, thus creating the opportunity for a rebound. However, Butler said he wanted to take it when he did so as to not give the Lakers and Bryant a chance to call a timeout and set up a final shot.

"I thought I took it just in time because it was a clean look and it if went in, the game is over," Butler said. "You don't want it to be one of those situations where the shot goes in, there's a second or two left and the best closer in basketball is at the other end asking for the basketball. You just want to come down, hit the shot and run off the court with your hands up but it just didn't go down for me."

By Ivan Carter |  December 5, 2008; 10:53 PM ET
Previous: Lakers at Wizards (Zephyrs) | Next: The Other Side: Chicago Bulls

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

nice performance by the wizards. i still miss eddie jordan tho.

Posted by: iward8 | December 5, 2008 11:35 PM

Props to the Wizards, they're still playing hard despite their inadequacies at defense. It was sad to see so many Lakers fans at the game and louder cheers for them than the Wizards till about a few minutes left in the game. If any of you go to the game root for these guys, it's hard to come out every night and try to win and get your heart broken in the 4th quarter so many times. I'll always be a Wiz fan.

When are we going to bench Stevenson and start Nick Young? Stevenson is killing us with his horrible shooting and he can't stop anybody on defense. Young is scoring easily every time he's in the game, with him on the floor it'll open up more things for Butler and Jamison.

Also, for god's sake please sit Etan Thomas, the guy is like 6'4 and plays center, and can't, score, rebound or play defense. I think if Arenas comes back and get back to his old level of play we can still make the playoffs, the team is a star away from winning games.

Posted by: insanity999 | December 5, 2008 11:49 PM

Nice effort tonight, but still a loss nonetheless.

At times, as the 4th quarter was winding down, it was like 5 on 6, with the 6th person being Ariza. Nobody could protect the ball against this guy, or block him out.

This team absolutely cannot win if your power forward is only taking 2 FT attempts.

I'm still hoping Les BouleS pull the trigger on my trade proposal.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 6, 2008 12:11 AM

nice performance by the wizards. i still miss eddie jordan tho.

Posted by: iward8 | December 5, 2008 11:35 PM

it was a nice performance, but it makes me miss gilbert arenas, not eddie jordan

in fact, this game makes me feel pretty good about firing jordan, since there's better attitude and blatche is showing some signs of life.

Posted by: dcgoblue | December 6, 2008 12:24 AM

p.s. i have to agree with caron's thinking here, but it's too bad he didn't shoot it earlier - blatche snuck in along the baseline and was in good position

Posted by: dcgoblue | December 6, 2008 12:26 AM

I was really down on Blatche early in the season, but he's picking his game up more and more. When he's on, he's damn near unstoppable. If McGee ends up filling out and gains the strength to at least hang with the Pau Gasol's and Andrew Bynum's, and Blatche actually develops consistency (I know we've been saying this for years), they could be a very, very dangerous frontline. As bad as the Wizards record is, it's hard not to like the upside this team has in JM, NY, AB, and DM, along with (hopefully) the return of Gilbert.

Posted by: spizzle | December 6, 2008 12:47 AM

Even with their dismal record, you can live with a loss like this. They played with heart. And they had the right guy taking the last shot, the man with the hot hand. They rebounded well, played solid defense, hit shots.. if they can bring the same effort to every game, they'll win most of them.

Posted by: satchmore | December 6, 2008 12:50 AM

when tapscott was hired, he said one of his goals was to pare down the rotation. so i was curious - here's the bottom of the lineup under tapscott so far:

warriors: dixon (9 minutes), thomas (0), daniels (0), pecherov (0)
magic: mcguire (7), dixon (0), pecherov (0)
hawks: brown (7), mcguire (4), thomas (2), dixon (0), pecherov (0)
nets: thomas (0), dixon (0), pecherov (0)
blazers: thomas (4), dixon (0), pecherov (0)
lakers: mcgee (9), brown (7), dixon (0), pecherov (0)

tapscott's "8 plus 2" system means he has to sit 3 players a game. obviously, he's chosen dixon and pecherov as 2 of the 3, with thomas often completing the trio.

it's interesting that dixon isn't playing at all. i'd like to see nick young start for stevenson, and see dixon and stevenson compete for minutes off the bench. if stevenson can't break out of his shooting slump, dixon should get the role of the off-the-bench sharp-shooter. stevenson used to be used as a defensive role player, but his defense is no longer good enough to excuse his poor offense.

also, i think it's still possible for the wizards to make the playoffs, but only if young, blatche, and mcgee develop into consistent players. there's no reason not to be giving them a lot of minutes, and mcguire should get some, too. butler and jamison are playing so many minutes that i'm afraid of another big injury.

Posted by: dcgoblue | December 6, 2008 1:06 AM

Seeing Blatche get time is great, he will continue to produce if he gets 30 minutes which he most certainly should. It's crazy that Mcgee gets 9 mins I know he was being handled but still he gives us a shot inside and can actually get some easy points, he affects the way a team can attack the paint he needs to see a lot of time. Playing Mcgee at 5 and Blatche at 4 needs to happen, the lakers played two seven footers, we should also, caron would punish two guards, he'd either body em all the way to the rim or simply use his height advantage to shoot the j. Nick young is in obvious need of 30+ mins, he needs to have a 40 minute game where he is allowed to be another core guy with butler and jamsion and the three will kill it. Our guard play has been awful, caron can create, pass and score let him get some added responsibility. Plus jamison's defensive deficiencies will be combated by 6-11 blatche and 7-6 wingspan Mcgee. Either butler or ny needs to start at the two. Mcguire is our best defender.

Posted by: bford1kb | December 6, 2008 1:17 AM

At the game tonight. Tapscott still pulling out Young and McGee when they make one mistake and they both seemed irritated when he pulled them out after only being in a few minutes in the game. Jamison and Butler had a number of bad plays tonight but he never pulls them. They could have used McGee's size. Near the end of the game, Lakers had 3 shots at the basket as their tall team easily out jumped Antwan and Caron.

Posted by: ptp23 | December 6, 2008 1:18 AM

Agree with most of the comments here. GIVE NICK YOUNG A CHANCE TO START and let him play 40 min to see how he does. Etan needs to ride the bench and stick to poetry.

Play McGee and Blatche more minutes, and as I've been saying forever let DS come in with the 2nd unit.

Posted by: insanity999 | December 6, 2008 1:31 AM

Posted by: IrenePollin | December 6, 2008 1:46 AM

There's not a chance in hell the Suns would trade Amare for Jamison.

Their whole focus right now is winning a title before the clock runs out on Nash and Shaq. That means this year or (and this is stretching it) next, after which Amare can become a FA and walk. That's it. After that, it's rebuilding time. Trading for Jamison does nothing to make them more competitive now (Jamison is older, smaller, less athletic, and has less of an inside presence) and the extra two years on his contract (and his age) does nothing to help them in the long-term.

If the Suns trade Stoudemire, it'll be for someone who (A) helps them win a title now or (B) keeps their options open for later. Jamison does neither.

Posted by: kalo_rama | December 6, 2008 2:07 AM

As for the game ...

More of the same. Nice effort, but not enough.

Must say, I love all of the hand wringing and teeth-gnashing from the people who claimed to "know that things would be different under Tapscott" and that Tapscott would let "the young guys play through their mistakes."

Surprise.

Coaches are all pretty much the same. Their main priority is to win games and they think most young players (unless they're A-1, top flight talent) will hurt just as often (if not more) than they help.

Posted by: kalo_rama | December 6, 2008 2:12 AM

Kaloramo, are you on the Wiz payroll?
Did you see the lineup that carried the team in the 4th...yes that was Blatche, and NY on the court, making plays and adding 2 more threats to the offense.
Now let's see who your boy EJ would have had...Asong, DS...and you can not see any difference in coaches, please!
I like a lot of what the Wiz are attempting, but why is the bench the last to see that NY. AB and even JD should be on the court to start games and halves. We are not talented enough to overcome 15/20 deficits every game.
We have so much deadwood with ET, DS, AP, AD...is it not time to take the hit, and move these guys, and bring in some younger ones, that will at least infuse energy and athletic skills.
Also as I have said many times before, get this team a weight trainer/conditioner.We need more muscle and stamina.Also that DmC deserves to get more pt, also JD...they both bring stamina and energy, missings for the most part, and we need to keep AJ to under 35 minutes.
But a very surprising and enjoyable night, indeed!

Posted by: maxman2162 | December 6, 2008 2:48 AM

entertaining game for sure.

Im glad tapscott finally made a change with the starting line up at half time.

Posted by: riskus | December 6, 2008 7:07 AM

No, even if he made the free throw, it would still be a 3 point lead for the Lakers...

Posted by: rachel216 | December 6, 2008 8:25 AM

"I've got to admit that DCMAN's trade idea is pretty interesting, painful enough on both sides for it to seem fair. I think this trade favors Phoenix. If there's a way to involve a third team and either add a decent draft pick or a younger player than Raja, I'd be for it.

Posted by: IrenePollin | December 6, 2008 1:46 AM "

I think it's a win win for both teams too.

Pho would be getting MeTawn, Manute Jr. (aka Blatche) who has tremendous upside and is probably better suited for a west coast team, and MeShawn who will be getting a lot more looks courtesy of Nash.

Les BouleS would be getting the size/shot blocking/physical presence they need at the 4 with Amare, a tough veteran defensive oriented guard who can hit the 3 at Raja, and maybe they should throw in a draft pick.

If you look at the stats between Amare and MeTawn, they are pretty similar except for age, but that issue is made up for b/c Pho would be getting Manute Jr.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 6, 2008 9:01 AM

This game was a good experience for Blatche. He's got to feel good about the way he played.

Next time, Butler should play the last shot the way the coach wants it done.

I'm all in favor of Etan Thomas playing substantial minutes. Reasons: He's a veteran, and we can expect that he will regain his pre-heart surgery form if he keeps playing.

As for the loss, on the bright side it takes the team one step close to the draft lottery.

Posted by: PostSubscriber | December 6, 2008 9:12 AM

I initially thought I wished Butler had shot it sooner. But thinking about it, he had the right attitude. You go into a shot like that knowing you're going to win the game, not planning for contingencies. Shots like that take confidence and, as much as I hate to say it, swagger. And that's what Butler was doing. He was supremely capable of making that shot, but if he was making plans for what to do after a miss, then he would be creating a self fulfilling prophecy. If you're going to be a winner, the first person you have to convince is yourself. Check.

Posted by: crs-one | December 6, 2008 10:01 AM

Here is how the phone call between Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld and Phoenix Sun GM Steve Kerr would go:

Steve sitting in his office and the phone rings:

Steve- Hello
Ernie-Hello Steve, this is Ernie from the Wizards, how are you?
Steve- Very well we are still in the playoff hunt, how about you?
Ernie-That’s what I am calling you about, I would like to propose a trade.
Steve-Go ahead.
Ernie-I would like to trade you Antawn Jamison, who has four more years on his contract and refuses to play defense which would go great with the run and gun style you play out there. DeShawn Stevenson who is shooting 32 percent, and Andray Blatche which we believe with a change of scenery he could become a great player like Kawame did with L.A., no I mean Memphis I’m sorry I meant once Detroit trades him.
Steve-(Laughing in the background says) for whom?
Ernie-Raja Bell and
Steve-(Interrupts) sure, but I do not think the salaries would match up.
Ernie- We thought you might like to add Amare Stoudemire to the deal.
Steve- Hangs up
Ernie- Hello Steve, are you there? He must have lost his signal, he will call back?

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | December 6, 2008 10:09 AM

DeS and NY evenly split minutes at SG last night against the Lakers.

The Wiz were -17 with DeS on the floor.

The Wiz were + 25 with NY on the floor.

The math suggests that 3 more minutes for NY and three less minutes for DeS would have equated to a 1 point Wiz win.

For the season, NY is +17 and DeS is -15.

Time for a change.

Posted by: Izman | December 6, 2008 10:24 AM

"Posted by: bulletsfan78 | December 6, 2008 10:09 AM "

or, it most likely would go like this:

EG: Hey, I want to trade MeTawn, MeShawn, and Manute Jr. for Amare and Raja.

Kerr thinks to himself...'Amare has had 2 microfracture surgeries and Raja is 32 years old. Also, Amare is becoming a malcontent and needs a change of scenery. We're no closer this year than last year, and our guys now need some infusion of youth and energy, while adding a veteran who's been healthy all his career and can put up big numbers.'

Steve: Please, please, yes....NOW!!! I'll even throw in a draft pick!

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 6, 2008 11:22 AM

Rphilli721. Naww, I ain't satisfied, for the very reasons you so aptly point out. You see, I am one of those Wizard fans who believe that they have the players to Win Now. EJ gone, Good, but will ETaps coach them the right way? I see improvement, but the verdicts still out.

Back when everyone was complaining, we had no center, I knew Haywood was an NBA center who was being mismanaged by EJ. Back when the Wizs made EJ the All Star coach and Charles Barkeley chastised GA for the Wiz's not having defense and EJ subordinated the offensive philosophy for the sake of defense, and gave ET more PT in 2nd half of the season and BH less, I knew then that EJ had to go.

If you are number two in scoring in the NBA and winning, you do not change that, for the sake of playing better defense. Hello!!, what EJ did not understand, but Gilbert did, was that their best defense was their Offense.

Naww Rphilli721, I ain't gonna be satisfied until this team gets back to scoring the ball at an average above 100 per game. We had the players then and we have them now.

I Beg To Differ, with the ones that say we need to make trades. What I see is a team of NBA players not yet being pushed to realize their full roles on the floor.

This team has all the components right now. The only thing I will concede is a bigger point than DB. But right now, DB can Run The Ball and the only way this team can win consistently is to Run.

Running and Gunnin will make Winners out of the Wizs and we don't need no stickin trades.

The game last night was proof that we have talent, but the coaching last night gets a D. And no, I'm not throwing ETaps under the bus yet, but he should get this team to runnin.

Naww, Rphilli721, I aint satisfied yet, Run and Gun now, Haywood and Gil gets back, drop ET, DSon, AD and I gaurantee that this team will kick butts.

I don't have the power to make this happen, but I feel that the Wizs will be winners and Run and Gun is the way.

My satifaction is coming sooner rather than later, I hope. Etaps 2 @ 4. I gave him 10 games to show why EJ had to be fired. He has 4 games left to get to Runnin and Gunnin this team.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 6, 2008 11:43 AM

AB played real good defense against Gasol near the end. I always feel that AB plays better positional defense than McGee. AB's foul trouble often is the result of him using too much hand. If he can resist swatting at the ball like he did near the end last night, he can force opponent to make tough shot (which Gasol missed). AB also knows to front the bigger opponent and deny him the ball while McGee often was caught too far under the basket. Don't get me wrong, McGee has a lot of physical talent, he just needs to learn how to play positional defense better.

Posted by: sagaliba | December 6, 2008 12:24 PM

Oh my goodness, Etan is really, really bad.

Players should be credited for a rebound after the ball bounces off Etan's hands/foot/knee. I could see players thinking, "oh it's a pass to Thomas, I better start blocking out so I can get the rebound off that moving backboard"

Did anyone else notice that Dsong was effective guarding Gasol?

Posted by: cballer | December 6, 2008 12:25 PM

"Kaloramo, are you on the Wiz payroll?"

LOL! No, he is on EJ's payroll!

Posted by: sagaliba | December 6, 2008 12:27 PM

Yeah, I feel both Blatch and Dsong play better under Tapscott.

Posted by: sagaliba | December 6, 2008 12:29 PM

entertaining game for sure.

Im glad tapscott finally made a change with the starting line up at half time.

Posted by: riskus | December 6, 2008 7:07 AM

Riskus - Yes he made a change, but it was the wrong change. Stevenson and AD should have their minutes minutes cut in half in favor of Juan Dixon and Dee Brown.

As I mentioned last night, I do not know what made and makes both Eddie's play Stevenson the amount of minutes they give him. He has NO offense and he can not stop anybody. Folks like that get benched from where I come from.

I have noticed McGee is starting to get yanked like AB used to get yanked by Jordan. I must admit I am surprised at that. The first half was justified along with the whole Orlando game.

However, the second half it looked like McGee was fronting better and he was not getting slung around as much. He was doing a whole lot better. He looked like he got ticked when he got sent to the bench in the 3rd.

Tabscott - Thank you for giving AB minutes. Now there are a couple of things you need to change.

1/ Start NY and bench Stevenson. Stevenson had a nice streak going but it is time to do a Cal Ripken on it and call it a day.

2/ Sit AD down 10 to 15 games to get his knee totally right. I have nothing against him, but he is hurt so it is not fair for him to be taking Juan's and Dee's minutes when he is not as effective as he usually is.

3/ Give McGee more rope. As long as he is not getting it done like he was not in the Orlando game, let him play.

**** Free Juan Dixon......

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 1:41 PM

Posted by: tundey | December 6, 2008 1:48 PM

Izman, the problem with that plus-minus stat is that Nick was on the court during much the same time as LA's reserves, who as Phil Jackson noted aren't ready to hold a lead on the road. More generally, that stat often doesn't correlate to anything. I could just as easily note that the Wiz were +18 while I was drinking beers but -12 while I was eating hot dogs, so why the h*ll did I ruin the game by grabbing that third dog?

I was at the game last night and thought the Wiz fans did a pretty good job of drowning out the Lakers fans for most of the game. There was that pretty reverse breakaway dunk by Kobe that had most of the stadium cheering, but I don't hold that against the Wiz fans: I think you're allowed to cheer the best player in the world when he puts on a a little show (although I booed).

Let's face it, Stevenson isn't on anybody's all-defensive team, but his perimeter defense is a lot better than Nick's, so there's a question of offensive-defensive balance on the team. Similar problem with McGee, who looked great offensively for all eight of those minutes but who was getting muscled around on by LA's big men on the defensive end. For that reason too you saw Etan off the bench more. He's pretty awful in the post but at some point you just needed big bodies in there against LA's big front line.

Posted by: Prazak | December 6, 2008 2:00 PM

I meant McGuire, not McGee.

Posted by: Prazak | December 6, 2008 2:01 PM

OK, excuse the hangover, I did indeed mean JaVale, not Dom...

Posted by: Prazak | December 6, 2008 2:02 PM

"So many smart coaches on this blog. And a smart GM too trying to trade AJ, DS and Blatche for Amare. What a joke!

Posted by: tundey | December 6, 2008 1:48 PM "

Actually, the joke is/was spending over $161 mil on contracts by Les BouleS this past offseason for more of the same with a 3-14 record to show for it thus far.

You have to laugh b/c otherwise you'd cry.

LMFAO!

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 6, 2008 2:10 PM

Prazak, you're starting to sound like Kalorama in saying "the problem with that plus-minus stat is that Nick was on the court during much the same time as LA's reserves".

NY played 24 minutes. Anything more than 15 minutes for Young means that the opposing starting SG is on the floor.

Your argument would dictate that NY's +/- stats would get worse as his playing time exceeded 15 minutes a game because he would be playing more against the starters and less against the subs.

However, NY averages +5 in games in which he plays more than 20 minutes, and he averages -1 in games he plays 20 minutes or less. The starters must bring out the best in him. (Certainly, the same cannot be said for DeS).

Anyway, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Young should be playing more minutes and DeS should be playing less.

You can even look at foul shot percentages - where there are no defenders - to figure that out.

Posted by: Izman | December 6, 2008 3:15 PM

Izman, I don't disagree that Nick should get more minutes. So should McGee, but basketball is a game of matchups, and stats don't tell you much about the players you have the match up against. For example, McGee simply couldn't handle Bynum in the paint. As awful as Etan is playing, and whatever his +/- stats might tell you in a vacuum, the Wiz needed muscle in the post, and when Andray got into mild foul trouble that meant Etan.

Another example: Nick Young is a terrible perimeter defender and couldn't handle Kobe on defense, full stop. Of course, nobody can handle Kobe one-on-one, including DeShawn, but when Nick was in and DeShawn was out it was so bad that it meant putting Caron on Kobe, which created matchup problems at the 3 (except when McGuire was in there), and had your most potent offensive weapon (Caron) running like a dog on the defensive end.

+/- stats might give you some general trends to think about but they don't tell you what is happening on the floor. And like you said, those general trends are usually discoverable by the naked eye rather than by reference to the +/- charts.

I kinda liked that +/- hot dog / beer stat, no?

Posted by: Prazak | December 6, 2008 3:50 PM

Prazak is right that individual +/- in one game is very noisy and unreliable.

HOWEVA, according to 82games, the Wizards are 16.3 points per 100 possessions better with Nick on the court this season.

Most of that is actually because the Wizards' defensive efficiency is much better with Nick on the court. Even though Nick's supposedly a matador defender.

Posted by: Pradamaster | December 6, 2008 4:08 PM

Free Juan Dixon, sit AD 10 to 15 games for his knee to heal right, reduce Stevenson's minutes, and give McGee more rope.......

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 4:13 PM

Blatche said the reason for the change is simple.

"It's just having a coach that gives me confidence, builds me up, and he gets me going," Blatche said. "He makes the game exciting for me, and I just give the effort. He has my back within practice and the game, and I just feel like it's my right to give him the effort."

- Washington Times 12/05/08

Things that make you say Hmmmmmmmmm?????

One of my reasons I stated since last year EJ got the hook. Mind games don't always work for everybody (i.e. Haywood).

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 4:34 PM

Agreed, Prazak. Match-ups are critical. However, our coaches don't understand how to figure that out. Stats are easier to understand.

I think you ought to track the Wiz +/- after hot dog/beers. If there is a positive correlation and there is no systematic bias (e.g., you don't play for the Wiz), then you're on to something big.

Posted by: Izman | December 6, 2008 6:25 PM

BulletsFever,

You would never see that quote from Blatche in the Post.

According to Wilburn and company, AB is guaranteed no show against the Bulls tonight.

And Kalorama has him scheduled for a lobotomy.

Posted by: Izman | December 6, 2008 6:29 PM

I'm hoping that DS gets it turned around a bit like he did last year. (I remember watching a game against Memphis where afterwards I was lamenting why we didn't keep Juan Carlos Navarro instead of DS. Well, we know how that story turned out and not just because JCN packed up and left.) If/when Gilbert comes back I can only hope that DS returns to spotting up for open 3's and driving the lane rather than trying crazy fall aways from 30 feet!

Posted by: edP2 | December 6, 2008 6:40 PM

"Totally agree with the posts regarding DS and his need to have minutes cut. When DS hits a shot or two early on, I cringe because I think he gives himself the green light to launch at will throughout the rest of the game. I'm OK if these are the wide open spot up variety but more often then not it's forced with someone in his face. Also, what the heck is up with doinking THREE free throws in a row??? He's missed crucial pairs in recent games which could have pushed us over the top had he at least split. Damn. If we had just kept Mason rather than inking DS long term, how much better off would we be?

Posted by: edP2 | December 6, 2008 6:40 PM "

Don't forget how he antagonizes the opponent such as last season's playoffs against LeBron who proceeded to completely and utterly destroy Les BouleS.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 6, 2008 7:15 PM

bulletsfever

that quote by blatche doesn't sit well with me...it shows more immaturity to me. professionals are capable of motivating themselves, rather than pointing the finger and trying to blame anything else. they take responsibility for their own actions.

Posted by: crs-one | December 7, 2008 12:00 PM

The Wizards looked good and mounted a strong come-back against the Lakers. Caron Butler is giving his all but this team needs to re-build after this season. There are no Derrick Rose, Mike Beasley, or O.J. Mayo's in this up-coming June 2009 NBA Draft. The only basketball gift the Wizards fans will recieve this year is to watch the Dunkadelic Dynasty Battle between the Celtics and Lakers on Christmas Day. Wiz fans see you at the NBA Draft lottery in June.

Posted by: DunkadelicTV | December 8, 2008 6:07 AM