Mavericks at Wizards

Wizards starters: Mike James, DeShawn Stevenson, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison, Andray Blatche.

Inactive: Oleksiy Pecherov.

Mavericks starters: Jason Kidd, Josh Howard, Devean George, Dirk Nowitzki, Erick Dampier.

Refs: Eddie Rush, Jack Nies, Joe Forte.

Line:Dallas by 6 1/2.

Notables: Huge key for the Wizards tonight will be handling Jason Terry off of that Dallas bench. Terry is averaging 21.1 points per and is a big reason why the Dallas bench has outscored its opponent's reserves by an average of 17.9 points over the last 17 games...Andray Blatche is averaging 12.3 points and 6.8 rebounds as a starter...The Wizards swept the season-series with Dallas last season.

By Ivan Carter  |  December 21, 2008; 4:59 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Other Side: Dallas Mavericks
Next: Mavericks 97, Wizards 86

Comments

I wonder how many people will show up for tonight's game considering the Redskins are playing at the same time the Wiz are.

Posted by: rxs85 | December 21, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

If Etaps keeps his promise of driving to the basket first offense, inside out offense, and the players do it with vigor, we might have a chance.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 21, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Just tuning in 52 48 Wizs. What we got?

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 21, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Why take Jamison out. He's scoring. We have to score. Defense is not losing this game. Not scoring will.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 21, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Wizards suck. Wizards REALLY REALLY SUCK.

Posted by: rachel216 | December 21, 2008 8:11 PM | Report abuse

I am definitely one to play arm-chair assistant, but I think the time to be negative about this team has come and gone. I think we need to start looking for the positives in each and every game from here on out. No matter how insignificant the positive may seem. Maybe if we start showing some more positive energy here it will some how transfer to this team. I know that is super idealistic but it's all about hope and change at this point. Hope! and, Change!

Posted by: jonnyflo14 | December 21, 2008 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the coaching called in sick to me. I'm out.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 21, 2008 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Not as mad as I was after the last game. Glad to see Tapscott reduced Stevenson's minutes. Tapscott even gave McGee a little more rope this game.

I still don't like the "slow small ball" with Song. at the 5, but it looks like as long as Haywood is out, we are going to see it.

I really liked what I saw from Critton (spelling??) at the point. The dude is pretty smooth and is a real point guard.

Tapscott called a better game tonight as far as sub's were concerned. Dallas is just a better team then us and I can accept that.

I think if Tapscott would have called the last two games, against lessor opponents, like he did this one as far as sub's; we would have won.

If Tapscott keeps calling games like this, I will bury my "Fire Tapscott Post".....

*** Lastly, don't you find it strange Etan, Juan and Stevenson's minutes were even none or very few???? Can somebody say "trade is a brewing"??????? Larry Hughes might be coming back folks.....

**** Lastly,

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 21, 2008 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Who in the HELL would want Etan, DSS, or even Juan on their NBA team?!

Unless you're talking about a trade to a European club, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Posted by: bryc3 | December 21, 2008 9:08 PM | Report abuse

At the game tonight. Oh well..Christmas day with Lebron. Should be a massacre> Lebron can't wait for this game. Have to say, I think Mike James is an upgrade over Daniels. Hopefully Young gets to start soon. Stevenson finally got some pine tonight. Gil didn't join the team until after halftime.I have noticed that a couple times at the games recently. Headed to the lottery. Maybe we can trade the pick for veteran

Posted by: ptp23 | December 21, 2008 11:20 PM | Report abuse

Yea Bullets Fever, thanks for the game analysis. I was mad, Etaps did coach better.

However, from the look on Caron Butlers face while he was talking on the bench at the end of the game, I think something is about to implode.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 21, 2008 11:25 PM | Report abuse

FIRE EDDIE JORDAN!!!

Posted by: twigmuffin | December 21, 2008 11:43 PM | Report abuse

I didn't watch the game, but what does the coaching staff think they accomplished? Butler played 43 and AJ played 40. Was this a playoff game? McGee, Blatche and Young played almost 48 minutes - combined.

Blatche rates higher than AJ on 82games.com so maybe Taps thought it was time to get back into his head.

McGuire may be the (arbitrary) favorite for the next few games.

Where's Sigmund when we need him?

Posted by: Izman | December 21, 2008 11:58 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins won today. Oh sorry, wrong Blog.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 22, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

What about AI in a Wizards uni'? It doesn't appear to be working in Detroit for him. AI for Butler. Butler could play point for a team like Detroit. AI would sell out the VC.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 22, 2008 12:20 AM | Report abuse

I was at the game tonight. Andray Blatche played one of the worst games I've ever seen from a professional basketball player. He had absolutely no energy on offense or defense. He jogged up and down the floor, invariably the last player to cross mid-court. And he always looked winded. Was he ill? He should not have been on the court for more than 2 or 3 minutes, even if that meant playing Etan. And when the Mavs went small at guard in the 4th quarter, why wasn't Juan playing? Tapscott seems totally overmatched as a coach.

Posted by: dzl1 | December 22, 2008 1:00 AM | Report abuse

ivan...burning the midnight oil?

what's the latest on gilby, i heard he started running a few days ago? no one seems to know anything about him...maybe the trainer is the guy to ask?

Posted by: insanity999 | December 22, 2008 1:52 AM | Report abuse

ivan...burning the midnight oil?

Posted by: insanity999 | December 22, 2008 1:54 AM | Report abuse