Up, Up and Away

mcgeescola1230.jpg

This AP Photo of rookie JaVale McGee colliding with Houston's Luis Scola last night caught my attention. I usually like to put funny cutlines under pictures, but this one had me lost for words. Any suggestions?

(Keep it clean, people)

By Michael Lee  |  December 30, 2008; 2:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Interesting Statistics
Next: The Other Side: New Orleans Hornets

Comments

There's just no way to keep that clean. No way.

Posted by: Good2bOK | December 30, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

New posted....

You have to read this "article" by the grade-schooler that the *Examiner* hired to blog for the Rockets.

Here's my favorite excerpt:

Regardless, similar to the Detroit Lions, both the Lions and Wizards face the same problem — both teams have played poorly. However, for either squad, their lack of success isn’t due to a lack of effort. Similar to the Lions, the Wizards face the severe lack of competent personnel. When you look at the Wizards' supporting cast, one word comes to mind — pathetic.

With players such as Juan Dixon, Etan Thomas and Dominic McGuire coming off the bench, I feel confident in my declaration that none of these after-mentioned players would spend any time in the Rockets rotation.

Posted by: Good2bOK | December 30, 2008 2:08 PM

Posted by: Good2bOK | December 30, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

mike...you put that picture up and ask people to keep it clean....hahahaha

at the risk of not being clean:

JaVale: "Bueno Luis, want a drink?, or some nuts?"

Posted by: insanity999 | December 30, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

How 'bout this....

An avid soccer player in his youth, JaVale McGee has had trouble adjusting to the NBA's rules allowing players to use their hands.

Guess not. (Hey, I tried, OK?)

Posted by: Good2bOK | December 30, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

McGee is nuts over Scola

Posted by: freeflyr61 | December 30, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Second of back to backs, last year we swept them(Hornets)and that was because of EJ's excellent work with the X's and O's phase of those two contest,well no chance of that happening with Etap's coaching them up,looking for a big game from Blatche,question who will D-MAC guard tonite? hopefully McGee will get some time tonite.

Posted by: dargregmag | December 30, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I think caron's words of wisdom for all the lakers fans last year after hitting that clutch three would be the best quote possible, but that doesn't pass the cleanliness test so here's a not so honest effort to clean it up, Luis:"I went black and can never go back." Javale needs a girlfriend.

Posted by: bford1kb | December 30, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Caption:

My three minutes are just about up, here goes.

Posted by: closg | December 30, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

"Scola, meet my Wiz. Wiz, meet Scola."

- JM

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

OK Luis you wanna showoff about Argentina being the best basketball team just because they won the FIBA World Championship, OK, wait till you see my...... (I meant Gil's medal not mine; never mind doesnt sound right lol)

Posted by: jmkcool2002 | December 30, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

How about a two for one special on balls?

-JM to Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey Luis...COME TALK TO THE JUDGE!!!

Posted by: edP2 | December 30, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

you think that's bad, ask Kobe how my a$$ taste!

Posted by: JohnColtrane1 | December 30, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

"You wanted Chestnuts for Xmas? Here ya go."
Merry Xmas, Luis"

-JM to Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

They may not be orange with black stripes but I think you'll find them quite enjoyable.

-JM

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

MPHHHFFFF!!!!!

-Luis Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

"Ummmm...rookie, you could always go to the locker room if you can't hold it!"

- Mike James, Antawn, and Deshawn

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

"Basketball junkie, meet my basketball jankie"

-JM to Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Scola, say hi to my bola(s).

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 30, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

"Now you can say you played with magic johnson. MY magic johnson"

-JM

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

"On the bright side, you can say that you lead the league in sacks"

-JM to Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Scola: I can't feel my face!

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 30, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

..."I sure can"

- JM's response.

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Please fasten your seltbelts drinks and nuts will be served directly.

Posted by: NFeKPo | December 30, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Gold Bond powder, not just for feet any more!

Posted by: jonnyflo14 | December 30, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

"Oops, sorry -- I thought you were Frederick Weis."

See, people, you can keep it clean if you try.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | December 30, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

"Just trying to compare peach fuzz. Keep it moving. There's nothing to see here."

-JM

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

"Heads up, Scola !!"

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

"Can't you at least take me out to dinner first?"

-Luis Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

"Do I LOOK like Dennis Rodman to you?"

-Scola

Posted by: original_mark | December 30, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Now *that's* a Flagrant 2...

Posted by: Ted_Striker | December 30, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Scola: "hmmm, needs more salt"

Posted by: sargeantmofo | December 30, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

okay, you win, so i have no idea how vince carter did it.

Posted by: crs-one | December 30, 2008 9:51 PM | Report abuse