Wizards (4-22) at Cavaliers (24-4)

Information on tonight's game:

Wizards starters: Mike James, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison, Dominic McGuire, Andray Blatche.

Inactive: Oleksiy Pecherov.

Cavaliers starters: Mo Williams, Delonte West, LeBron James, Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Line: Cavs by 15.5

Notables: Interim Coach Ed Tapscott said he expects to start out having Butler defend James before using McGuire, who will make his second straight start....Why are the Cavs good? (Besides having James of course.) They are one of only three teams along with Boston and Orlando ranked in the top 10 in both points scored and points allowed... Cleveland is the only undefeated team at home (14-0).

-The Wizards were supposed to wear their regular road blues tonight but had to switch to their whites after the Cavs decided to go with their alternate blues. The reason? They needed to match the uniforms to LeBron's special edition Nike "chalk" sneakers so the Cavs had to send someone to Washington to retrieve the Wizards whites. Why? That is why he's King James I guess.....

-More for you sneaker heads out there: several Wizards are wearing some unique kicks tonight. For instance, Jamison is wearing a special pair of red and green trimmed adidas.

By Ivan Carter  |  December 25, 2008; 6:27 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Happy Holidays From Cleveland
Next: Wizards at Cavs

Comments

all i want for christmas is a wizards win. GOOOOOOOOO WIZ

Posted by: redskins24992 | December 25, 2008 7:55 PM | Report abuse

Jamison will not be playing any defense since he will not want to get his new sneaks dirty?

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | December 25, 2008 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Leading 71-68 going into the fourth, I think the time has come to start drinking heavily so I don't remember the fourth Q...

GO WIZ

Posted by: yukiwith2us | December 25, 2008 9:58 PM | Report abuse

71 in 3 against Cavs and 72 in 4 against the Cats. Same team. What gives?

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:00 PM | Report abuse

okay my grandparents finally went to bed so i'm now tuning in. what's going on? what has caused butler to be completley neutralized?

Posted by: crs-one | December 25, 2008 10:08 PM | Report abuse

I like the fact that Gilbert is still focused and you can tell from his interview that he believes that this team can still win. I've never believed that this team is as bad as their record and it is refreshing to see that he dosen't either. Agent 0.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:10 PM | Report abuse

ETaps took DSTev out the game when he was clearly blowing it for the Wizs. Thats a plus for ETaps.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

I think I might have to reevaluate Mike James.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

No matter how this game turns out, thank you mike james for coming in only a few weeks ago and embracing the gravitas of this game as if the rivalry was his own.

granted. it's not a rivalry until we win. fingers. crossed.

Posted by: crs-one | December 25, 2008 10:29 PM | Report abuse

come on santa. you owe me this. twenty six seconds.

Posted by: crs-one | December 25, 2008 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Why not call the play for James instead of Butler?

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Ugh.

Posted by: tigerquoll | December 25, 2008 10:45 PM | Report abuse

MORE SHOTS OF VODKA! I NEED MORE VODKA!!!!!

Wizards babe, why you gotta be like this babe? Teasin me all the time and sh t...

Posted by: yukiwith2us | December 25, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Blown again.

It's unreal how remarkably unclutch this team is down the stretch.

Mike James' night shows you how much this team misses Arenas. His play shows how much better this team is when there is a threat from the perimeter. Great night from James, but that is an average night from a healthy Gil. And that's not even mentioning Arenas' ability to close.

Oh well, at least it was nice to see that they were competitive.

Posted by: psps23 | December 25, 2008 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Conspiracy. NBA has ref's foul out Jamison so Cav's won't lose on Christmas Day to the Wizards.

Surely, I jest. Have to keep the spirits up.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:51 PM | Report abuse

Surely, I jest. Have to keep the spirits up.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 25, 2008 10:51 PM

Lame how the game is decided by the CB foul on the LBJ 3 pointer (only LBJ would get that weak call) and the AJ offensive foul (I thought AJ was already in the act of shooting)

Posted by: yukiwith2us | December 25, 2008 10:55 PM | Report abuse

*ok maybe not decided but seriously turned

Posted by: yukiwith2us | December 25, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse

No complaints. I am just glad they did not get smoked on national tv. I still think they lost the game when Tapscott went with Stevenson in the 4th quarter to long. 3 clanks on jumpers and 2 clanks on the free throws in that important stage in the game.

Stevenson's minutes should be going to Juan Dixon. By the way did anyone see Roger Mason's game winning shot? I must admit, this is one Ernie G. messed up on.....

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 25, 2008 10:57 PM | Report abuse