Wizards at Bulls

Information on tonight's game:

Wizards starters: JaVale McGee, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, DeShawn Stevenson, Dee Brown. (Record as a group: 2-7; all others: 1-7).

Inactives: Brendan Haywood, Gilbert Arenas, Oleksiy Pecherov.

Bulls starters: Joakim Noah, Drew Gooden, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Derrick Rose

Inactives: Michael Ruffin (sprained left ankle) and Kirk Hinrich (right thumb) are out.

Line: Bulls by 8 1/2.

Notables: The Wizards are 0-7 in games decided by seven points or less, the Bulls 3-4...Former Wizard G Larry Hughes is averaging 12.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game...Chicago is 5-3 at home...Rose leads all rookiesin scoring at 18.7 points per game...The Wizards won both meetings here at United Center last season.

-Statiscally, these teams are pretty evenly matched. The Wizards are scoring 97.5 points and giving up 102.2. The Bulls are putting up 97.5 and giving up 100.5. The Wizards are actually shooting better as a team (44.9 to Chicago's 43.2).

-Both coaches have been emphasizing better ball movement to their teams. The Bulls First-year Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro was very clear about that when speaking to the media yesterday

By Ivan Carter |  December 6, 2008; 5:53 PM ET
Previous: The Other Side: Chicago Bulls | Next: Bulls 117, Wizards 110

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Dee Brown will have his hands full. I'm guessing they'll rotate Stevenson to cover the rookie point guard.

Posted by: satchmore | December 6, 2008 7:54 PM

Free Juan Dixon....

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 8:11 PM

Blatche said the reason for the change is simple.

"It's just having a coach that gives me confidence, builds me up, and he gets me going," Blatche said. "He makes the game exciting for me, and I just give the effort. He has my back within practice and the game, and I just feel like it's my right to give him the effort."

- Washington Times 12/05/08

Things that make you say Hmmmmmmmmm?????

One of my reasons I stated since last year EJ got the hook. Mind games don't always work for everybody (i.e. Haywood).

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 8:13 PM

BulletsFever,

You would never see that quote from Blatche in the Post.

According to Wilburn and company, AB is guaranteed no show against the Bulls tonight.

And Kalorama has him scheduled for a lobotomy.

Posted by: Izman | December 6, 2008 6:29 PM

Izman - That's why I also check out the Times sometimes, so I can sometimes get an unbiased report on the team........

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 8:20 PM

Why isn't JaVale playing? he had 4 blocks in the first 2 minutes of the game, came out, hasn't been back in since.... did i miss him get hurt or something?

Posted by: T-ROB | December 6, 2008 9:24 PM

T-ROB - I am chiming in to ask the same question? 4 blocks first 2 minutes of the game? Please don't tell me this is the remake of that old classic "Eddie Jordan Vs. AB".

*** Also is Dee Brown on that same noose McGee is on...???

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 9:36 PM

It's clear McGee's just going to play 10-15 mins(closer to 10) per game as the starter of each half. Tapscott is relying more on Blatche as the center. Not sure if there's a trust issue, just trying to ease McGee in or what, but the numbers, based on the limited playing time are still impressive for a rookie. As for intangibles, McGee looks to be getting more comfortable, though there are some rookie mistakes here & there...

Posted by: -CN- | December 6, 2008 10:03 PM

Stevenson is getting completely clowned by Gordon on both ends of the floor... Blatche, however, is showing some great moves, could be developing into a consistent player right before our eyes. At this point, this season's all about development...

Posted by: -CN- | December 6, 2008 10:08 PM

Good lord, finally, I thought we'd never see Juan again.

Posted by: KShark28 | December 6, 2008 10:19 PM

With about 8 minutes to go, Chicago's guards have outscored Wizard's guards 53-13.

That's a +40 just from the guards.

They simply cannot continue with these guards.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2008 10:24 PM

Isn't it obvious? Abe and Ernie have no intention of trying to make this team any better. The season is over.

Why watch any of the Wiz games? Ugh

Posted by: mohammed10 | December 6, 2008 10:28 PM

i dont get why even bother start mcgee and brown in the second half when they dont play in the first half and are going to be subbed out at the first stoppage in the second anyway.

Posted by: riskus | December 6, 2008 10:34 PM

I'm pretty sure myself and 4 other people can beat the wizards if we just stick to shooting 3 pointers the entire game....Actually i'd like for myself and some of my fellow posters to volunteer to show them how to properly defend the 3-point line.

Posted by: T-ROB | December 6, 2008 10:47 PM

Ivan Carter - Please ask Tabscott what the deal is with giving McGee only 10 minutes a game. If I am not mistaken, I think he took him out at the 7:53 mark in the 1st and 3rd quarters.

McGee never got back in either half. Now if that is not Eddie Jordan's style of coaching I do not know what it is.

Juan came in and produced. You can not tell me that dude should not be getting any minutes from AD or Stevenson.

Lastly, I do however like the minutes Tabscott is giving AB. They are consistent minutes at the same spots in games which is all the young dude needed to succeed.

Now Tabscott is going to have to implement that same style of coaching for McGee........

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 11:02 PM

KEEP JUAN DIXON FREE......

FREE J. MCGEE.........

Posted by: BulletsFever | December 6, 2008 11:04 PM

Taps must think JM has some sort of physical impairment that he is limited in the number of minutes he can play and that he cannot return in the same half.

The Yankees had similar rules for Joba Chamberlian (Joba rules) when he was a rookie.

Maybe the Wiz should sign JM's mom to play in the backcourt until Arenas returns.

Posted by: Izman | December 6, 2008 11:12 PM

Tapscott is a joke. Eddie Jordan clone. They are going for the number one pick --3 and 78 should get us just ahead of Memphis and then we'll draft Kwame 2. Usually when a new coach takes over he makes chanes. the guy is still starting Dee Brown and Stevenson for goodness sake! Wizards are suppose to play on Christmas Day against Cleveland. They have got to replace that game as it will be like th eLions playing on Thanksgiving. A new coach takes over and exactly what changes has he made? Still starting Dee Brown and the nonshopoting shooting guard? Yanking McGee out after 5 minutes just like Eddie. Ivan's article says Eddie still watching the games, maybe he's coaching the game from his house with a walkie talkie. UGHH!

Posted by: ptp23 | December 6, 2008 11:19 PM

Did not get a chance to see this game, but from the comments it sounds like the same old stuff 'SOS' again.

Guys, will somebody please tell me that ETaps ain't no EJ clone.

I can't take no more of that EJ coaching style. You guys been saying free JD, Hell, free the EJ in ETaps.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 6, 2008 11:40 PM

A typical low budget move by Abe Polin to hire the unremarkable and unqualified Ed Tapscott and Wes Unseld Jr. to lead a NBA team.

Posted by: waterboard | December 7, 2008 4:54 AM