Injury Update

Andray Blatche, who left last night's game against Orlando with a sprained ankle early in the fourth quarter, practiced today and is probable for tomorrow night's game against Sacramento.

Caron Butler, who left the game after aggravating that hamstring that has been bothering him all month, did not practice and is day-to-day.

-- After the game, I asked Antawn Jamison whether he expected to see Gilbert Arenas before the regular season ends. My gut tells me that he's not coming back but, as we all know when it comes to Arenas, I could certainly be wrong. The guy marches to the beat of his own drummer.

Anyway, Jamison's thoughts: "That's something that is way off in left field. I'm just concentrating on who has been practicing and been playing and who can play. It would be nice to see him and Brendan (Haywood) before the season's over. It wouldn't surprise me if it does. Actually, it would surprise me a little bit but, the most important thing for me is to see the guy (Arenas) healthy next year."

-- As my guy Steinberg reported yesterday, I'm leaving the Post in a couple of weeks to host Washington Post Live on Comcast. It's always a risk when a career print guy jumps to the tube, and I love this job and this newspaper, but it's just something that is too good to pass up.
After 10 years covering the NFL and NBA as a beat reporter, I'm ready for a new challenge. Anyway, if I horrifically bomb, I fully expect to hear about it from you faithful readers. I'll miss you guys and gals. In the meantime, no tanking in my game. I'll keep bringin' it in print and on this blog until I'm done ...

By Ivan Carter  |  March 14, 2009; 4:36 PM ET
 | Tags: Arenas, Blatche, Butler, Ivan Carter, Steinberg
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Magic 112, Wizards 103
Next: Haywood Cleared to Return

Comments

Looking forward to watching you on Comcast Ivan. Thanks for all the work you've done over the past few years. I don't believe any story about this crazy team unless I read it here first. Good luck!

Posted by: MDBaller1 | March 14, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Ivan,
Before you go can you tell us how difficult it is to ask hard questions to the GM, Coach, players & Owner without Pizzing them off so bad that they'll never talk to you again.
Will things be different on WPL???

Posted by: VBFan | March 14, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Ivan...you have done a great job with this blog..hate to see you go, but best of luck to you!

Posted by: azinat1 | March 14, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Ivan, did you slightly wish you were at the Common show wednesday nite instead of covering the wiz/hornets game???
come onnnn.... ;-)

Posted by: 3tripleiii | March 14, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

IVAN, IVAN:

"You can't go, all the plants are gonna' die." Break a leg in the new digs dude, and don't forget us here as print media struggles to survive.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 14, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Ivan; So where's the party my brutha? You know what they say about TV it adds about ten lbs. but seriously good luck always enjoyed your info and this could be the start of something big.

Posted by: dargregmag | March 14, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Ivan, I don't usually leave comments, but I read the blog all the time. I'm sure I speak for a lot of silent people in saying thanks for all your hard work, and good luck at Comcast!

Posted by: dcgoblue | March 14, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Success to you, Ivan!

Posted by: khrabb | March 14, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

This sucks to see Ivan go. Hopefully Michael Lee takes the gig over full time. If not, the next beat guy is gonna be a big step down.

Posted by: Roman5 | March 14, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Ivan:

Your wizards blog was always an informative, entertaining read. My favorite story was the one where Jamison was questioning Blatche about not taking the "first bus" to the gym to work out. Very insightful and that story actually foreshadowed this season where the rift between the vets and the young guys is plainly apparent. Best of luck to you on Comcast!

Posted by: MEssex | March 14, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Good luck on your endeavors, but use that pay raise and get some new glasses. :D

The Post as a newspaper is going down hill. I'm probably going to cancel the subscription that I've been paying on time for the last 17 years.

The Post is now cutting sections, cutting reporters, but jacking up prices.

Well, the pain that the Post is going through is also shared by their once loyal subscribers.

You cut, we cut.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | March 14, 2009 8:09 PM | Report abuse

If Wilbon and Kornheiser can make the transition to the bube tube, then certainly you can, also, Ivan. I look forward to seeing you there. Keep up the good work; keep givin' them hell.

Posted by: rbelleisle | March 14, 2009 8:46 PM | Report abuse

Congrats on the good news and best wishes with the new gig!

Posted by: JPRS | March 15, 2009 1:32 AM | Report abuse

Ivan, you really have done a great job the last few years covering this team. The couple of times I've met you, whether it be out at a bar or in the airport on the way to summer league, you've always been willing to share and discuss your thoughts on this team. You gave me the greatest quote about Andray Blatche from one of those discussions. Good luck with the move.

Posted by: jonathan30033 | March 15, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Ivan, you were always working OT to bring us as much info as possible. And for that I'm grateful. Sometimes, your ego got in the way and you stubbornly refused to correct or even acknowledge errors in your articles or blogs, but on the whole you were an above average beat reporter.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Posted by: Barno1 | March 15, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Count me in among the well wishers. Have enjoyed your time with the Post and look forward to watching you on CSN. Best of luck in TV land.

Posted by: ZachMorris | March 15, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse