Introductions

As you've undoubtedly noticed, there have been some recent changes in our coverage of the Wizards and the NBA. Ivan Carter has left The Washington Post to become the new host of Washington Post Live on Comcast SportsNet, and Michael Lee has taken over the Wizards beat. He re-introduced himself on the blog last weekend.

For the time being, Michael will be focusing on the Wizards, but will continue to stay on top of what's going on in the NBA..

Also, The Post Sports Department on the print side has combined with the Sports staff from the Post Web site . So we're all learning new things to produce better coverage on both platforms.

The other contributors to this blog are me, Alexa Steele, the NBA editor; and Keith McMillan, the night NBA editor.

If you have any questions about or suggestions for Wizards coverage, please comment. I read the comments every day.

By Alexa Steele  |  March 31, 2009; 12:47 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How Will DaJuan Summers Fare in the Draft?
Next: Arenas Might Play Against Memphis

Comments

Can I get a job on the staff once I get out of prison?

Posted by: PrisonBalls00 | March 31, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

"Can I get a job on the staff once I get out of prison?"

Prolly do just a good of a job now that Ivan has left. ;)

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | March 31, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I'd like a story on precisely why Arenas has taken so long to come back, how good he'll be once he comes back, and why he was signed to this contract given injury concerns. Did Arenas use respectable doctors? Who are these doctors? Are the Wizards staff doctors incompetent? How is Arenas' knee injury the same as or different than Penny Hardaway's or Amare Stoudamire's? How can doctors say that Arenas is fully recovered when he still complains that his knee felt sore the morning of the his season debut? Is Arenas's contract voidable if he doesn't play for a full season? What are the salary cap implications of this scenario?

Posted by: Dellis2 | March 31, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I too would like a story on how good Gilbert will be when he comes back. Also, if you could give me next week's lotto numbers and tell me who to lay my money on for the Kentucky Derby, it'd be helpful. Thanks.

Posted by: pondaz | March 31, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

ROFLOL.

Posted by: original_mark | March 31, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

My suggestions:
Give some INSIDER INFO.
Give us "YOUR" opinion.( So what if it's wrong)
Get some Ernie quotes.
What's gonna happen to the team AP (After Pollin)?
Who's in charge now? EG,ET,AP or GA?
Why does CB chew straws?
Do you think Ivan will have you on his show?

Posted by: VBFan | March 31, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Add an "ignore" function to this blog to enable each reader to ignore certain self-selected posters such as with the functionality provided in the Yahoo finance board.

Posted by: Izman | March 31, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Can we just use this blog for Wizards information only? MMPG and stuff is okay but really I don't want to sift through that stuff to get to actual Wizards information...perhaps you can put non-Wizards things elsewhere.

Also, can we get a standardized dose of insider Wizards infor? (i.e once in the afternoon before practice, and once after? In addition to this any other posts would be welcome...the more frequent with player quotes the better.

Posted by: insanity999 | March 31, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Another suggestion.

I agree with insanity999 MMPG etc. does not pertain to Wizzies insider.

Why not answer some of our posts???
Sometimes it's like we're talking to ourselves.

Get us some quotes from the players that are not the normal "CANNED" answers.

Ain't you sorry you asked????

Posted by: VBFan | March 31, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

How about a story on which coaches are on the bench. And if any are left after this season, why they didn't get fired.

Posted by: lameotron | March 31, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

i have a question. Steve Buckhantz said on ESPN 980 last week that "Tapscott is over qualified to be an NBA coach. In fact, he's so smart, there aren'tt too many things he's not over qualified for."**

The question of course: Is Buck completely insane?

I'll make this easy
a) yes
b) yes, absolutely yes
c) He now gets his bonus
d) impregnated a member of Tap's family
e) Didn't realize April Fool's day was the following week
f) Is trying to find something other than "dagger" and "backbreaker" to say since there have been far too few of one...and far too many of the other
g) Buck was actually very subtly implying that yes, in fact, Tap is the worst coach in the history of all time. He just messed up the delivery
h) Talked to Gil and Gil has now decided that Tap is the kind of coach who would yield to Sir Zero so he wants him to stay
i) Buck is actually a weird version of Benjamin Button
j) Buck will probably retire due to old age and dementia before his tag team partner.
k) ALL OF THE ABOVE

**of note, i may have slightly paraphrased what Buck said since it was on the radio, i was driving, and by the time i was able to grasp the statement above--which was met with little silence and no laughter--i could not write it down word for word.

Posted by: superwilks | March 31, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

We need more info on Gil's knee. After he met with the doctor in Miami he went from 50%-90% over night. What did that doctor do?

Posted by: AWizinLA | March 31, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Is the D-League a complete joke at this point? If it isn't, then why hasn't Pecherov spent the last two seasons playing every single minute of every single game for the Frederick Federals (or what-have-you)? As far as I know, the Wizards have never sent a player to the D League for any extended period of time.

Also, how about an incredibly long article about ricky rubio?

Also, could Thabeet possibly be the inside presence on D that this team has been missing? On O he is a stiff, but it seems like after guards have blown by Arenas at the top of the key, then maybe Thabeet could step in and be the difference-maker?

Posted by: chinatown | March 31, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

VBFan,
There was definitely some confusion, at least on my part, over whether "official" responses were allowed/encouraged, but that's been cleared up, and here we are. I've often wanted to chime in, but wasn't sure if it was better to speak my piece and then open up the floor.

In any case, part of our job now is to do a better job here on the blog, so you can expect to see more of us. As Alexa noted, we do read the comments and take suggestions.

Posted by: KeithMcMillan | March 31, 2009 8:04 PM | Report abuse

I agree with those who have said enough with the non-wizards stuff. This is "Wizards Insider" not "NBA Insider". While I appreciate the hard work that goes into writing those blogs about non-wizards info, I usually just click "Mark as Read" in my RSS reader.

Also, there's a lot of crazies out here.

Posted by: tundey | March 31, 2009 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KeithMcMillan | March 31, 2009 8:04 PM Being available to reply in the comments here is a step in the right direction. I hope :)

Thanks --whoever you are.

As tundey says
Also, there's a lot of crazies out here.

Posted by: VBFan | April 1, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I agree about the MMPG stuff. I come to read about the Wizards, and while I appreciate the effort that goes into those entries I'm not interested in reading them.

It's probably fair to say the regular readers of this blog are very hard core Wizards fans. The MMPG content seems to be written for a much more general audience. I'm sure there are some fans who follow the team closely but not the league as a whole but I think in general this content has different intended audiences.

There is no reason at least the RSS feeds couldn't be separated.

Posted by: ZachMorris | April 1, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

It seems that the link to Wizards Insiders has been removed. How do we get the past blogs - not just today's?

Posted by: Urnesto | April 1, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse