Picture Yourself, on Halloween

Are you going to the Wizards' home opener on Saturday -- which happens to be Halloween? If so, please share photos of yourself and your friends at the game, preferably in creative costumes. We will post a gallery of submissions online.

By Alexa Steele  |  October 29, 2009; 9:28 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Crittenton undergoes exploratory surgery
Next: Morning brew

Comments

First. I'm going to chipotle to get a free burrito for halloween

Posted by: jefferu | October 29, 2009 10:00 PM | Report abuse

I'll be there.

Posted by: ptp23 | October 30, 2009 12:03 AM | Report abuse

So you guys are going to Cipotle after 6 dressed as a burrito ??? I mean that is the requirement to get one. And I quote...

"Customers who visit a Chipotle restaurants dressed as a burrito or something Chipotle-like (anything in foil, a head of romaine lettuce, bag of chips, avocado, etc.) will get a free burrito, order of tacos, bowl, or salad."

Posted by: ATLredskin | October 30, 2009 12:13 AM | Report abuse

I'm going and I'm going to bring my "I hate Dan Snyder/Vinny Cerrato" sign.

Go Wiz!

Posted by: peej9999 | October 30, 2009 7:12 AM | Report abuse

"In fact, in the last few years, very few second round draft picks are getting any kind of significant time---Blatche being a notable exception---and many are not even on rosters any more."

Since 2005:

Ronny Turiaf
Marcin Gortat
Monta Ellis
Louis Williams
Craig Smith
Goren Dragic

That's a pretty healthy list for second rounders.

Posted by: kalo_rama | October 30, 2009 2:09 AM |

I agree there are occasional gems in the 2nd round and a few nice role players to boot., but naming 16 players out of 160 drafted in the 2nd round in the past 5 years means that only about 10% are ever going to actually contribute.

Those aren't great odds, but still makes it worth giving it a shot. I'd prferred EG taking Blair (or maybe someone else), but if the cash meant we could get Oberto, he probably made the prudent choice at the time. I'd love to have both Oberto and Blair, though.

Posted by: Blurred | October 30, 2009 8:08 AM | Report abuse

So Ab had never practiced late night before, that explains a lot...but the fact he apparently is now could bode very well for this season.

If the light switch has actually flipped with him, it will do wonders for our season

Posted by: divi3 | October 30, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

Come on WIZ, the HAWKS are waiting. Let's see what we got tonight. Climb on JOSH SMITH and don't get off.

Posted by: glawrence007 | October 30, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

We need Caron to hit his shots!

Posted by: divi3 | October 30, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

Interesting reading:

Excerpt from the book "Blowing the Whistle," by Tim Donaghy: http://deadspin.com/5392067/

Posted by: sagaliba | October 30, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Blair may prove to be the jem of the 2nd round picks in the 2009 draft, but I can't fault Ernie for taking the money so we'd have enough cash to sign Oberto. Please keep in mind Abe Pollin is alredy paying the luxury tax, built his own arena, and doesn't have the outside business interests of many other owners. I'd like to think that he give Ernie a 'budget' or they agree on one, and then its up to him to build the roster. That's how good ownership works.

I've not always agreed with all of the moves by the Wizards, but have never felt that it was because Abe Pollin was cheap, didn't care about the franchise, or wasn't interested in winning. Unfortunately, his misplaced loyalty in Wes Unseld to build a winner for 20+ years set the franchise back for a couple of decades. EG has a plan, sticks to it, creates continuity, and has hired top notch coach who was an upgrade over Eddie Jordan.

Posted by: wizfan89 | October 30, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I really want to see how the Wiz play on thier first back to back night.

These are the hardest games to play during the season, it's another challenge. I hope the Wiz take it as much.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | October 30, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Thanks sagaliba, that was an interesting read.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of that were true, but for some reason I'm not upset about it. In all sports contestants need to overcome environmental factors to win. I guess I equate the mood of the refs to rain or field condidtion or time zone factors.

And I kinda like the idea that the refs F with the likes of Iverson...

Didn't Gil go through a period where he tried to adjust his game to the ref's tendancies? If I recall it was the beginning of a season and his theory lead us to a 2 & 10 start (or something like that)

Posted by: cballer | October 30, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

The grass is green on this side of the fence. Go Wizards!

Posted by: rickgonz | October 30, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse