Wizards 109, Cavaliers 104

The Wizards are being optimistic, perhaps too optimistic about the prospects of Antawn Jamison, who injured his right shoulder while fouling Cleveland's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and was forced to leave with 4 minutes, 34 seconds left in the first period.

The moment Jamison's arm came down after his train wreck collision with Ilgauskas, it looked like a serious injury; the kind that has ruined many a season in Washington in recent years. Jamison said his arm went numb and lost sensation in his fingers.

"It scared me a little bit. It scared me because I didn't have any feeling," Jamison said after the game, while wearing a navy blue sling that matched perfectly with his powder blue sweater and navy pants. He joked afterward that it almost looked like he planned it.

At least Jamison could smile afterward, because the sight of him storming through the tunnel and toward the locker room frightened almost every player on the bench, especially those who have been in town to see injuries to Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood, among others, send seasons sinking.

"I'm not even used to the history of being on the sideline with guys going down, but I heard some guys say, 'Aw, not again,' " Randy Foye said after the game.

Losing Jamison would be a huge blow for the Wizards because he is the one member of the Big Three that doesn't have a proven backup to fill in if he gets hurt. Gilbert Arenas has Foye. Caron Butler has Mike Miller. Jamison has ... Andray Blatche? JaVale McGee? Fabricio Oberto? Dominic McGuire? That isn't a knock on those players, but there would be a significant dropoff from a player who is good for 20 points and eight rebounds almost every night.

If you don't think losing Jamison would be huge, all you had to do was watch Butler at the first timeout after Jamison went to the locker room. Butler hopped off the bench and sprinted back to check on him. "I'm real overprotective of my dudes right now," said Butler, who did the same thing when Brendan Haywood sprained his right ankle against Dallas. Jamison "told me he was fine and he'd be okay. I felt cool after that."

If only it were that simple. If there were any positives to be taken in this victory, it was that Miller and Foye both came out of their shells on Wednesday night. Miller had been struggling from beyond the three-point line the first four games (1-for-9), but he went off against the LeBron James-less Cavaliers. He made all five of his three-point attempts, and scored 24 points on 9 of 12 shooting. "It's a game of averages. I spent enough time shooting, I got to believe they are going to start falling," Miller said. "Tonight I made a few. With Antawn down, it was my time to be aggressive."

Foye took over where Miller left off, scoring 19 of the Wizards' 23 points in the fourth quarter. He finished with 21 points, his best performance of the preseason. "I was just going out there, trying to make things happen. It felt good. Felt like I was back in Minnesota, hitting all them big fourth quarter shots with the Timberwolves. We didn't have many of them," Foye said, laughing, "but the ones we did, I hit a lot of them."

But Jamison's shoulder gives reason for pause. "Right now, it's a little soreness," he said. "I'm anxious to see how it feels on Saturday. I'm always a quick healer. I hope it's something that won't last but a couple of days. We'll see."

Jamison ruled himself out against Atlanta on Monday but said he might try to be available for Philadelphia. Not on Nov. 24. On Tuesday. That seems overly ambitious, even for someone who has been durable for most of his career.

"I won't say it popped out, but it did some moving," Jamison said. "I didn't hear anything pop. I just knew when it happened it was something serious."

Said Flip Saunders, "Antawn is pretty tough. For him to be out an extended period is going to take a lot. Right now, it's all speculation, we'll have to wait and see. "

By Michael Lee  |  October 14, 2009; 11:44 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wizards (2-2) at Cavaliers (3-0), LeBron James Out
Next: Morning Buzz

Comments

Just keep it moving, and keep improving. I just want this team to get better. Still cautious, but I like what I see and hear.

Posted by: jcbcmb68 | October 14, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Great win tonight. I hope Antawn's ok.

Posted by: rickgonz | October 14, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | October 15, 2009 12:51 AM | Report abuse

"The one time AJ plays some "D" and he gets hurt....Flip bring back the old AJ, tell him to just get his 20/10 and forget the "D"

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | October 15, 2009 12:51 AM "

LOL!

Methinks MeTawn pulled a CWebb....separated shoulder.

If so, could it be a curse? After all, MeTawn has been pretty reliable with his health...if not his defense.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | October 15, 2009 1:05 AM | Report abuse

surprise! more metawn crap from dc mang!
Dude hurt his shoulder, why don't you give it a rest.

-g

Posted by: gconrads | October 15, 2009 2:17 AM | Report abuse

Sam Cassell looks like Russel Simmons, good too have him as an assistant he got after JaVale for a silly turnover.

Posted by: jeremydvid | October 15, 2009 2:24 AM | Report abuse

I like the fourth quarter defense.I could not believe my eys what i saw on NY, he is realy focused.He might have some up and downs, i think he will be a big contributer in the second half ofthe season.again ,i want to see foye to play free instade of thinking too much as a ball distributer.MM will be the starter earlier than i predict before.

Posted by: gtefferra | October 15, 2009 6:18 AM | Report abuse

The Wiz are now up to playing on six cylinders. On track for being at seven cylinders for the start of the season.

Blatche should get some consistent minutes over the next three games. Let's see what he brings. No need to rush AJ back.

Miller is back in form. Now let's see which Foye will show up in the next three games.

Posted by: Izman | October 15, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Izman | October 15, 2009 7:01 AM

Too bad the Lakers are like a Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG which runs on 12 cylinders!

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | October 15, 2009 7:23 AM | Report abuse

I like what I saw from the Wiz. Seems like they kept their focus and turned it up in the second half. Hope Jamisons okay, but if he is out for a while you just have to slide the rotation and keep getting better. I know its early but for now, I at least see the effort from Nick and A Blatch.

Posted by: millineumman | October 15, 2009 7:46 AM | Report abuse

If AJ is out for any extended period, who's gonna rebound for us? Good thing we picked up DeJuan Blair FOR NOTHING in the 2nd round.

D. Blair only had 11 points and 12 rebounds in 24 minutes. 5-9 from the field.

Posted by: original_mark | October 15, 2009 7:46 AM | Report abuse

Props to NBA TV for showing the game last night in full comcast mode. I'm in the Philly market so until the season starts with the package, this was my first time seeing the Wiz (and hearing Buck and Phil). Jamison is a fast healer. I remember the game against the Bucks (the one where gil came back without telling Eddie, then left Sessions alone in the corner for the win) 2 years ago he went down hard on his shoulder and everyone thought he was done but he was back after a few games. So I see where the optimism comes from.

I was very impressed by Randy Foye. Especially in the 4th. I'm going on record as saying he will win the 6th man award.... if he stays healthy. (sorry, had to say it)

Posted by: CBell29 | October 15, 2009 7:48 AM | Report abuse

Fact of the matter is, AJ is the one guy in the big 3 that we CAN afford to lose right now.
If we have to replace AJ with Blatche, we may lose 5 ppg and a rebound from that position but the tradeoff in improved defense might be worth it. With the insertion of MM into the starting lineup, there should be a huge dropoff in rebounding. Defensively, AB is better than AJ and improving. He is still a work in progress but I believe he'll get there.
If AJ is out, Gill will definitely have to step it up and score 20+ and MM will need to be aggressive offensively but if last night is any indication, they're up for it.

Posted by: original_mark | October 15, 2009 7:57 AM | Report abuse

That is, SHOULDNT be a dropoff in rebounding with MM.

Maybe this is the start of AJ's transition to the 6th man role. The Wiz would be better off with him coming off the bench for 28mpg shooting every time he touched it.

Posted by: original_mark | October 15, 2009 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Let's not get ahead of ourselves about this game or this team. At best they're good for maybe fourth in the division. Last nights games did not include your nemisis crabcake james, nor did The Big SQ demand the ball to take our the game. This game means zilch.

Posted by: getagripped | October 15, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Here's what i loved about last night:

our second team is better than almost every other team's second team.

We closed out a tight game without a single starter on the floor (granted, they did too) and pulled it out.

Good job.

Posted by: Blurred | October 15, 2009 8:12 AM | Report abuse

I won't go as far as you original_mark -- the Wizards have the most flexibility at SG. In the front court they have no depth. On paper Blatche should be able to hold up defensively and can probably keep pace with Jamison's numbers as a rebounder. Offensively, the team has enough shooters to compensate for Jamison's absence in the near term. Still he's got a veteran's saavy and experience. He's a team leader. Any prolonged absence will hurt. Especially factoring in fatigue and Blatche's tendency to get in foul trouble. Regardless, these are the kind of things that teams have to roll with. Miller is undersized for the 4, but maybe some combo of him, Blatche, and Oberto could provide an answer in the short-term. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

Posted by: JPRS | October 15, 2009 8:12 AM | Report abuse

If Miller can shoot like that in them, I say the Wiz take those LeBron's,put Red Sequins all over them and call them Ruby Slippers.

There's no place like home, and with Miller and Foye producing like last night, getting a home seat in the first rd of the playoffs should be the goal.

Blatche really put together a nice workman like game last night. 16 pts. 8 rebounds in just under 30 minutes. He seldom got out of control, and really did a nice job at both ends of the floor.

The kid looked like a seasoned pro, Flip was really working with him as he'd come off the floor last night. A different approach seems to be yeilding different results.

If that shoulder didn't pop all the way out and went right back into place, Jamison should be ok if he doesn't push too hard. I'd say shut him down for the preseason, and let him concentrate on rehab. We all know what Jamison brings to the table.

Any injury up front underscores just how thin the Wiz are at the 4 & 5. With Jamison and Haywood out, there's only three healthy guys to man two slots. The Wiz are so thin upfront, Davis ended up getting a stint down the stretch. At least the kid knew where to stand on defense.

It's a good thing that Oberto seems to be playing himself into shape. But, I'd think Ernie would be working the phones, he really does need one more frontcourt guy to have the depth to compete with the likes of Cleveland and Boston in the playoffs.

Everytime McGee gathered himself to jump last night, Shaq or Z would plant an elbow in the ribs, give him a little shoove, take a step into him, or, he got shouldered in mid air. The kid got a weeks worth of veteran tricks handed to him in one night.

But he can take either guy in the highpost and drive right around them and get to the rim if he's isolated with enough space. But he looked like a ragdoll flying off Shaq under the boards a couple of times.

The talent's there, and he's made huge strides in a summer, but he's got some learning to do before he can be expected to be more then a part time player deep in the playoffs.

Can he learn enough under this coaching staff on the fly during the season to be a factor next spring? I'd feel more comfortable if there was one more veteran big on the bench...
GM

Posted by: flohrtv | October 15, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Let's be real this was a scrimmige that all no Crabwalking James, Big SQ only did enough to break a sweat and rested rest of the game. This team is still no better than 4th in the Conf. I would still rather see McGee in instead of Brenda and Jamison hurts himself by not moving his feet on defense but instead reaching duh.

Posted by: getagripped | October 15, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Larry of Clinton, for real 60 wins get real this team is only good for maybe Forty at the most. No defense equal many of close losts.

Posted by: getagripped | October 15, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

4th in the conference is still pretty good. Especially after last year's debacle. I pray AJ's shoulder turns out to be a minor thing. We really really can't afford another year of injuries.

Posted by: tundey | October 15, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

First, let me say this: anyone who would rather see McGee starting inplace of BH or getting minutes instead of Oberto doesn't know anything about basketball. Didn't you see McGee go flying when little Booby Gibson put a body on him.

Stating the obvious, Mike Miller can ball and is going to fit in great here for many reasons. But I might go hoarse yelling at him to shoot the ball instead of kicking it out to the likes of McGuire.

Jamison will be starting game 1 of the regular season. The shoulder was not displaced, so there should not be any significant damage to the ligaments. He'll have to do some strenghthening, but it ain't a big deal.

Unfortunately, Nick Young appears to be the odd man out at 2. Is say unfortunately b/c that leads me to believe that he isn't going to develop into the player I had hoped to see.

Posted by: ZardsFan1 | October 15, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

"If Flip is able to get all these young guys to develop right, I wonder if that'll be an indictment of Eddie Jordan's ability to develop young players.Posted by: tundey"

I don't see how, particularly since the main thing young players need is time. Not even so much time on the court -- time to mature, grow stronger, and develop an NBA skill set.

It's an old story -- the coach who has them last gets the credit when they finally succeed, but it was the coaches along the way who did most of the work.

Yes, maybe including Ed Tapscott...

Posted by: Samson151 | October 15, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

I agree with GM about the need for another veteran big man to compete with the better teams in the playoffs and the injury to AJ just underscores it. Hope it is not too serious.

It is too bad Miller does not weigh enough to warrant more than spot duty at PF, because that could be an answer.

I like Miller being on the floor with Gil, because when Gil draws the defense to him and kicks it out to MM, the three point shot can almost be automatic with him when he is going good.

I am not sure I see Miller starting at the two, though, because then who would backup CB at SF. I see Miller getting backup minutes at SF and SG. In any event, it will be interesting to see what rotation Saunders comes up with.

Also, I had not seen too much from Foye until last night. It is pretty clear he is capable of being a major contributor for the Wiz this year.

Posted by: cannontl | October 15, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Is this the opportunity Blatche needs? Can he take over the power forward position, allowing Jamison, when he comes back to come off the bench?

Posted by: G-Man11 | October 15, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Those complainers regarding passing on DeJuan Blair should give EG credit for being the most astute drafter around and not jump to conclusions based on a few pre-season performances. It's remarkable to me how drafting where they did, the Wiz arguably, in recent years, so often picked what has proven to be the absolute best player available. That applies to McGee and Young as first rounders and Blatche and McGuire taken in the second round. Name another GM who has consistently drafted as well and if you can't, give Grunfeld some slack regarding not drafting Blair. Even though Dejuan has undeniable talent as an inside presence at the 4, he also unfortunately lacks ACL's in both knees, not a positive prognosis for a LONG, successful NBA career. Maybe if you're a rapidly aging Spurs team who's looking for one more championship, you take him. However, if you're looking out beyond this year, you probably pass on him, as did the Wiz.

Posted by: phil27 | October 15, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Let's see what EJ does in Phily.

I've love for the Wiz to play the Sixers in the first round of the playoffs this year.

And I'd really like to see Tapscott managing the Cavs by the time the Wiz get to the second round.

Posted by: Izman | October 15, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

There was a stretch in this game when Blatche took over; he rebounded, passed, scored and just was dominant. For the balance of the game he played as a professional and within the system. I was impressed.

Posted by: h20law2000 | October 15, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ZardsFan1 | October 15, 2009 8:55 AM

I hope you're right, but if the ligaments got stretched, it makes a future displacement more likely. Hopefully, the MRI will confirm that there was no ligament damage.

Posted by: rbpalmer | October 15, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Samson151, Sometimes the contrast between a tough guy and a teacher can get a guy to see the light.

My opinion of the Redskin situation is that after Gibbs and Zorn(Deadman walking)the Skins could use a real hollering, spit flying, head knocking son of a gun. Cowher would be that guy, in my opinion.

But sometimes the opposite approach works. If you've had a guy that just glares at players when something goes wrong, a communicator can come in and get his message accross.

The Wiz are still just a little thin at center, they could use a guy that won't demand a lot of minutes, but could come in and rebound, defend, and get in Shaq's way and provide 6 more fouls

McGee and even McGuire can help fill the void if needed at the 4, but the Wiz would be a whole lot better off if Blatche didn't have to play the post. Let the guy concentrate on being a really good power forward, which he still has the potential to be.
GM

Posted by: flohrtv | October 15, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Caron Butler tells Mike Miller to take off those shoes:

Posted by: rickgonz | October 15, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I agree with the above post regarding DeJuan Blair.

I don't think anyone doubted the talent of the DeJuan, it's the longevity. In the Wizards case, I would guess that the system they are using is largely based on long-term franchise building.

DeJuan could surprise a lot of people, but my guess is that team doctors around the league warned GMs about the realities for a player with no ACLs. The NBA season is nearly 4 times as long as the typical college season, and it could be this very season that he is out with injury. Add to that - he is a bit undersized for his position, and you only compound the possibility of injury.

Now, can he defy expectations, beat the odds? I certainly hope so... But, it's not in the bank yet.

Is EG perfect? Heck no!
Did he botch this? Who knows!
One preseason does not a valuable draft pick make.

But every team in the league had passed on DeJuan at least once, so I can only fault EG so much for going with conventional wizdom. ;)

Posted by: gconrads | October 15, 2009 9:42 AM | Report abuse

"anyone who would rather see McGee starting inplace of BH or getting minutes instead of Oberto doesn't know anything about basketball."

yeah, the box reads like shaq had a real tough time with Oberto.

6-8, 13pts, 6rebs in 19mins

Posted by: divi3 | October 15, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I'd take an overrated player on Les BouleS any day who can carry them to the Eastern Finals and Eastern Semifinals like Lebron has...
Posted by: DC_MAN88 | October 15, 2009 1:08 AM

really? you wish we had a whiny, conceited, fugly doosh who might be able to get us to the conference semi-finals so he can choke, again, and then blame it on everyone else?

can any of Les Boules brag about such a persona? i think not

Posted by: prescrunk | October 15, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

i don't thin anyone says Eg is a bad gm for not taking blair, we're just saying it was a bad move. How well did the Cash play when jamison went out. Jamison and Haywood hurt our frontcourt is very shaky. i'm not sayin blair is the next barkley, but he would have brought a skill set that we needed. People here griping about McGee getting pushed around,and Oldberto being unathletic (he couldn't bend over to pick up a loose ball between his feet) but are so cool with not drafting a player with the qualities our frontcourt lacks.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | October 15, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Also,

By mid-season I think we might be singing EGs praises for the foye / Miller pick-up.

I would have been happy to see a league min - player in camp for some center depth. I don't think it's realistic to think we could make a big addition for backup without seriously upsetting the apple cart. It seems BTH is a bit thin skinned about competition for the starting spot, and moving Etan basically ensured that our fate at center is firmly in BTHs hands. So we'll just have to see how capable he is. However a calvin boothe type player might not be the worst thing in the world to spell BTH a bit here and there, or, dare I say, and Etan Thomas? Hehe, just kidding... sorta.

Posted by: gconrads | October 15, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

You guys know the Cavs had 3-4 guys playing in the fourth who won't make the team? No James, no Williams, no West, no Shaq in the 2nd half, no Varejo 2nd half, no Gibson 2nd half. Whoever said you're second team is better than anyone else's is freakin nuts. Congrats for winning your Finals. Steve Stevenson is still a tool.

Posted by: btowne026 | October 15, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Phil27, are you sure that DaJaun Blair has no ACLs? That doesn't sound right. When you rupture an ACL they almost always replace it with something, a graft or from a cadaver.

You are probably right that EG has not really missed out on a draft pick. When you look back at the 2006 and 07 drafts, there really weren't any good players taken after Pecherov or Young. Too bad Thadeus Young was snatched just before NY, though. I think the spanish guards, Rodriguez and Fernandez were available.

Posted by: ZardsFan1 | October 15, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I understand Blair represents a lot of the qualities we need at that spot, but I guess I just think

A. we don't know the entire framework that was used to guide that decision.

B. We really don't know how Blair is going to hold up through the course of the season.

I don't think the situation here is the same as in San Antonio where Blair is a complete "why not" pick. SA has a ton of depth, they have a HOF starter at the position and no expectation on Blair to speak of. In a way it was a can't miss for SA, where for DC it's just really not the same situation.

Also, we don't know what the salary implications would have been for this franchise, certainly it seems minimal, but EG doesn't set the framework, the owner does. And despite all of our anticipation for this team, in reality they just came off one of the worst seasons in franchise history. Which means, later this season when the team (fingers crossed) looks like it is a playoff bound championship contender (did i write that?) which is one big post player away from making a real push for the championship salary structure becomes less of a focal point. The wizards just haven't been in that situation...

Posted by: gconrads | October 15, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

EG should be feeling good this morning about his imports in the off season. They played very well last night. It really makes a difference when you have a conpetent point guard to run the show. Maybe this team will win more games than just against teams who are playing their third game in two nights! I know that is about as low expectations as you can get but this is the Wizards remember?

Posted by: dandyhuffman | October 15, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

flohrtv,

It's kind of off-topic, but regarding the Skins; the problems begin and end in the front office. Everything else proceeds from that fact.

So long as Snyder-Cerrato are handling personnel, coaches will be hamstrung -- and many of the top established coaches will not come to DC.

My guess is that Snyder-Cerrato offer to cede control over personnel and bring in an established guy like Holmgren, Shanahan, or Cowher. Any of the three will be an improvement over what we currently have, but it will still take whoever it is at least two years and probably three to start rebuilding the team. This is, after all, a franchise that dumped Schottenheimer after an 8-3 finish in exchange for Steve Spurrier.

In the case of the Skins, Snyder-Cerrato are still fumbling around after 10 years.

In the case of EG and the Wiz, it's clear to me how each of the parts mesh and support each other. Even in terms of Saunders, the personnel and the coach selection make sense. The team isn't flawless, but EG's made the most out of the hand he's been dealt; he's made many more good moves than bad ones. He makes percentage plays.

Posted by: JPRS | October 15, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: flohrtv

Shut himdown for the rest of the preseason!!!!!!! He has nothing to prove. It's not like he's fighting for a position on this team or for playing time. Shut him down!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sbowie1 | October 15, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

"When you look back at the 2006 and 07 drafts, there really weren't any good players taken after Pecherov or Young. "

Rajon Rondo
Jordan Farmar
Paul Millsap
Leon Powe
Rudy Fernandez
Carl Landry
Marc Gasol

Posted by: kalo_rama | October 15, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like a football stinger to me...

Posted by: MBUSA | October 15, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Blatche has improved a lot. He had a decent game last night but still during one stretch he came down and missed about 4 or 5 shots in a row. At least he didn't pick up a bunch of silly fouls like he normally does. He had some good & some bad but overall mediocre. Anyone saying that he should replace a healthy Jamison is nuts.
Someone said that their starters didn't play much but we only had Gil & Butler play significant minuets as our starters.
Miller & Foye need to play more with the starters. Once they get familiar with each other they'll make everyone else better.
Oberto looked good. He's getting in better shape. Played solid D and made some nice plays on O.

Posted by: VBFan | October 15, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

In response to ZardsFan1 who inquired regarding my previous Post on Dejuan Blair's lack of ACLs:

With the caveat that I am not an orthopedic surgeon and got this info off the web:

Apparently Blair had surgery on both knees in high school and the resultant extensive scar tissue got reabsorbed by his body leaving him essentially without ACLs. ACLs function as knee stabilizers in the anterior-posterior direction and thus prevent the tibia or shin bone from sliding frontwards or backwards in relation to the femur or thigh bone. This is especially important in quick stops and starts. If there is no ACL, then the quadriceps and hamstring muscles need to take over the stabilization role. Good knee stability should be able to be maintained as long as the quads and hams remain strong and in balance. Apparently considering the above, most medical consultants to NBA GMs evaluated Blair's medical status as very high risk in terms of durability.

Basically, his talent warranted close to a lottery slot selection but his medical condition indicated non-draftable.

Posted by: phil27 | October 15, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

how did you not notice blatche going for 16 and 8? was that not positive and blatche did average 10 and 5.3 and a block playing out of position(center)in 24 minutes all year, with little help from a facilitator, aj going down hurts but not too much if blatche could play with discipline at the four, he certainly would improve the defense and he has the ability to pick up some of the scoring load as do miller and foye, aj going down isn't a killer like it was a few years ago when our team lacked any floor balance offensively without him, we are deeper now and better equipped to deal with an injury, that being said I hope he is ready to go opening night

Posted by: bford1kb | October 15, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

"surprise! more metawn crap from dc mang!
Dude hurt his shoulder, why don't you give it a rest.

-g

Posted by: gconrads | October 15, 2009 2:17 AM "

Worry about yourself.