Halloween photos

Did you attend the Wizards' home opener on Saturday? If so, please share photos of yourself and your friends at the game, preferably in creative costumes. As of Monday afternoon, four photos have been submitted. Let's see some Gilbert masks!

By Alexa Steele  |  November 2, 2009; 9:39 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Foye is fine about not getting an extension
Next: Morning brew

Comments

"Let's see some Gilbert masks! "

Why don't people just leave Gilby alone?

He said he doesn't want to blog, doesn't want to talk, doesn't want to be called Agent Zero, Gill the Thrill, whatever.

Leave the dude alone so that he can concentrate on balling.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | November 2, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

My goodness. Who would have thought once we finally got a Team together that can compete for a Championship that the Teams undoing would come from the fact that we cannot afford to resign them.

It may be smart at this point to not pick up options on Foye and Crit. We may not want to pay max money for Haywood if Blatche and JM pan out. We may not be able to keep Miller, Butler...yada yada yada.

I tell yawl' from a lot of these posts I am readin' BulletsFan78 may be the smartest of us all.

Based upon these dire predictions on resigning what appears to be a damn good Team and if we don't or cannot do it, THE WIZARDS MIGHT JUST BE CHEAP.

YA' HEARD ME.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | November 2, 2009 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Good Lord....can anyone live in the moment around here? Last year everyone was wallowing in it and now the team is enjoyable and everyone seeks to project tragedy for next year. Sheesh.

Posted by: The_Shadow_Knows | November 2, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

The_Shadow_Knows

I am living in the moment. Unlike most people on this board (I presume), I just want to watch an exciting and competative team play this year. Most people get hung up on whether we will ever win a championship. That would be great, but I am happy just watching a competative team once again.

Posted by: MeviousMan | November 2, 2009 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Ahhh...good to hear. Thanks and cheers to you!

Posted by: The_Shadow_Knows | November 2, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse

The_Shadows_Knows,

My comment was an in the moment comment as well. I am so put off by the cold water comments of whom we cannot or will not resign.

I was really being sarcastic in aligning those comments with those whom are so quick to lambast BF78 for his cheap Abe comments.

For, if what they are projecting is really true, then they are really sounding the same horn as BF78.

But we really don't know what is going to happen, but what we do know is that right now, this Team looks good and I for one is truly excited about it.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | November 2, 2009 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Buuuyaaa Larry!!
Let's soak it up. I can't remember a Bullets or Wizards team I have been so excited about.

So happy to see you on, was actually worried about you when no post after 1st game. I remember all of your off-season posts about dumping the dead wood and bringing on some legit support. I dare say most replied it was not possible but EG made it so. Congrats! You and EG may win GMs of the year.

Posted by: The_Shadow_Knows | November 2, 2009 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MeviousMan | November 2, 2009 10:57 PM | Report abuse

MeviousMan,

How long have you've been a Wizards fan?

It wasn't that long ago the the Wizards got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.

What's wrong with wanting to win a championship?

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | November 2, 2009 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Yes Sir Shadow, I was away from the home front after the first game.

And yes, I felt it would be terribly hard to be successful with only 5-8 good players. I am comforted in the fact that Ernie did not feel the need to trade his nucleus in order to supposedly get better.

We needed to get better on the bench and it is perplexing to me that now that Ernie has accomplished that, that so many are now blogging that in a year we have to release players or not resign them.

Not only is this an exciting Team for the Wizards, but it has the capability to be one of the best in the League.

Thats a long way from 19-wins and nothing short of what the Orlando Majic was able to accomplish last year.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | November 3, 2009 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Looking forward to the game tonight.

I, too, really just love a competitive game/team/season. They have been rare since my first game (playoffs against Spurs in '78) at 10 years old.

Didn't mean to get all crazy about how much Haywood would get. Just responding to the 16 gazillion posts talking about how he was the top priority for next summer.

Most highly competitive teams make offseason changes to try to improve (see Cavs and Magic this past year). Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I hope we can't afford Haywood, because that will mean that he played phenomenally this year. I'll worry about next year in June - or March if everyone goes down again.

Posted by: Blurred | November 3, 2009 6:15 AM | Report abuse

Let's get to the playoffs first. We can worry about signings after that. No reason to sign anyone if they can't get into the second round in April-May.

Posted by: glawrence007 | November 3, 2009 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Mike let's not talk about halloween costumes. Let's talk about Nick Young's limited minutes. From all accounts he played well during training camp and started the first pre-season game

Posted by: rcnasa | November 3, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

The person who loved Hasheem Thabeet look at his stats last night. 1 minute, he averages 0.7 ppg and 2 boards, all this for the second pick in the draft..lol

Posted by: rcnasa | November 3, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

I didn't finish my comments on Nick Young. I was going to say I wonder why Flip hasn't played him a lot. The team is doing well and he's slowly getting worked in but I'd figured he'd be the backup 2 guard and not Stevenson. But Stevenson at the end of the day plays much better defense and is a more solid role player...I'm sure Young will get more minutes later in the season

Posted by: rcnasa | November 3, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse