Morning brew

As we get mentally prepared for tonight's gamea against the Golden State Warriors ... read Michael Lee's article about Gilbert Arenas's return to form being incomplete in today's newspaper and how the team's slow start could mean changes are coming. He also expanded upon the expectations that come with Arenas's $111 million contract for the blog.

At the Washington Times, Mike Jones says trade rumors are swirling around the Wizards. On his blog he asks: Are we too hard on Arenas?

Truth About It can't get the image of Spencer Hawes jetting past Andray Blatche and dunking out of his mind.

On the lighter side: Slam magazine's Khalid Salaam has declared that Caron Butler's "Tough Juice" is the nickname of the decade.

Around the League ...

Three games were on the schedule last night: The Knicks lost to the Bobcats Bulls, the Heat pounded the Magic and Jerryd Bayless scored a career-high 29 points leading the Trailblazers past the Suns.

Here are the Top 5 plays, courtesy of NBA.com:

By Alexa Steele  |  December 18, 2009; 10:30 AM ET
Categories:  Morning brew
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Arenas overshadowed by $111 million deal?
Next: The Other Side: Golden State Warriors

Comments

for all the complaining people do about this team (much of it justified), there is NEVER a legitimate alternative put forth.

"Trade NY for a 6'10" PF who can defend and score!"

all that stuff is crazy talk. Give the realities of GIL and AJs deals and the little valeu of anyone else on the roster not named Caron...what are the options really?

Get equal value for CB, which would be whom? And would that player really improve the team?

Doubtful at best.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Trade: Andray Blatche and Mike James' expiring deal to Portland who need cap space next year and some post scoring.(They're giving Juwan Howard big minutes)

Portland sends Steve Blake to Orlando because Jason Williams isn't getting it done and they need an efficient setup man for all their scoring.

Orlando sends Brandon Bass, who is getting no PT to Washington. Washington also gets Martell Webster.

Then you turn either Deshawn or Randy Foye into an athletic 4, (like Anthony Randolph who is on the block or Tyrus Thomas), and go bigger.

Then you have a core of Arenas, Miller, Butler, Jamison, Haywood, Bass, McGee, McGuire, the athletic 4, Webster, Young and the Crittendon/Boykins combo.

Posted by: saltine182 | December 18, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

saltine, well thought out!!

however do you really thing adding brandon bass changes the fortunes of the team significantly?

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

According to the Washington Times:

"Butler, the two-time All-Star forward whom the Wizards in the offseason refused to trade to Phoenix with the No. 5 draft pick for Amare Stoudemire, has struggled to find his place in Saunders' system and has been mentioned in several rumors in the past few weeks. A league source said several teams have interest in Jamison, a two-time All-Star forward who is averaging 22.1 points and 8.6 rebounds."

As I wrote yesterday, Ernie Grunfeld is a smart man with the basketball acumen of perhaps three GMs combined. Two-thirds of the Mediocre Three can and will be moved this season under his guidance. To that end, Flip is giving the Butler and Jamison all the minutes and shots they want to grease the skids for their eventual trades. It will happen.

Grunfeld will bring in talent that we can explore for future potential and, if he's really on his game, will create substantial cap room for next summer's free agent extravaganza. The outlook for the Wizards is quite good since Ernie is finally in charge of things, I'd say.

Hold your water, folks. Patience is a virtue.

Posted by: melodious_thunk | December 18, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Arenas said. "When you make a trade in-season, then you seem desperate. We have the pieces. We have all the pieces we need. We just need to get them firing."

Gil, WE ARE DESPARATE.

Jamison agreed.

"I do have confidence in this team," he said. "We're in games. We're competing; we're just not finding ways to pull them out in the end----

Antwan, If you played in the beginning and the middle you wouldn't have to try to find ways to "pull" them out in the end.

Posted by: VBFan | December 18, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

"Trade NY for a 6'10" PF who can defend and score!"

Doubtful at best.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Divi - I believe I've been saying this for weeks. Although I do think that our marshmellow center has value to other teams. Especially ones that have tough PFs. And the 9 guys with expiring contracts have value to the right guys.

The point is, if there is a legit trade to be had, i am all for looking at it, but no one ever puts one forth and when you call them on it, they hem and haw and say they don't knwo who is available.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: VBFan | December 18, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Aj had 20 pts in the first quarter of his last game...and then left with a hurt shoulder for significant minutes.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking the team supposedly interested in AJ are contenders, in which case they'd be giving up youngs or picks probably. That would be a bitter pill for EG to swallow

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

our three former all stars are staarting to get it together, but are not getting much real support.

I would say that I don't get most of our coaches moves in the Third and fourth quarters, but more importantly I don't get why McGee doesn't even get 5 minutes. Not like Blatche has been getting it done recently.

What happened to Foye? Seriously, this guy may not be allstar material, but he should be good for 10-4 pretty much every night.

Nick is doing alright on the whole.

I hope that Critt can take Boykins load when he gets back.

And we all know that having Miller in the lineup at the end of a close game gives us a much better chance of pulling it out.

And his all game hustle is a bit contagious.

Love to see us pull a couple out before the year is up, but getting pretty frustrated...Looking forward to a healthy winning january.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Divi - you are probably right. which teams are winning and have low PPG totals? They wouldn't mind a guy like Jamison popping in for 18 off the bench.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

This is why most of us will only make deal on NBA Live...Brandon Bass and Martell Webster? Really? That's the solution? That's the 2 players to get you to the top? Wait, Anthony Randolph/Tyrus Thomas, Bass AND Webster. That's what we need. Okay...cool.

I saw you post this a couple time before but I thought it was a joke. I guess you were serious =\

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I expect us to win tonight. Gil & AJ never lose to GS and they usually play there best ball. Even when Gil was a bad PG with NO PG skills, he always looked like half Magic Johnson & half MJ against GS. He always lights them up.

If we wouldve won last game at the end, I would be 100% sure that Gil would put up his best numbers of the season so far tonight. Like he would go for 40 or 33 & 13 or something but since Gil lost it at the end, Im scared that he will go in the tank again like he's done after some of our other losses where he's choked.

However, I became more confident after reading Gil's comments as he sounds like he really believes he is getting his game back and is about to go off. I would love to see him & AJ go off tonight like they normaly do against GS and then see Gil go off again on the Suns like he normaly does. Then I think he would be good to go the rest of the year

Posted by: dlts20 | December 18, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

"I would say that I don't get most of our coaches moves in the Third and fourth quarters"

Cant polish a turd, Flip has been atrocious. He's fielded the starting lineup that has been in place forever, and then failed miserably with every other rotation.

Boykins? Really? Come on.

He's really got to get over power tripping on the younger players, there is talent languishing on the bench every night. Unacceptable when you're losing this much!

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

I wanna play the trade game too!

Boykins - lightning quick reliable 4th quarter "closer", Mike James expiring contract, Oberto (rugged defender) and DeShawn (another defender)

for Boozer (they can't sign him), Deron Williams (we need a PG) and Kirilenko

We can have Deron, Gil, Butler, Boozer, and Haywood with Kirilenko, Blatche, Jamsion, Young, Miller, Foye, Javaris and Dom.

Sounds good to me.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

By your reasoning Flip is more qualified. A former player who has ACTUALLY coached and won games. You can't magically assume that Mark Jackson is going to be a great coach from being an analyst.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 10:33 AM

Am not saying that Flip isn't more qualified, am only saying that Mark's body of knowledge about the game may well be equal too or just as good as Flip's.

I googled Flip some time ago and if my memory serves me correctly he never played in the NBA. So you are wrong about that. So Mark gets way more points for actually playing the game at a high level for so many years.

However, to assume that Mark Jackson would not do well as a coach has no more validity than my assuming that he would do well.

So it does not bolster anyone's argument to shoot down my assertion when their own assertion has no more factual or non-factual basis than my own.

I am just stating that because Flip Saunders had coached before does not necessarily translate to success for the Wizards and it currently isn't and at the same time the fact that Mark Jackson hasn't coached in the NBA before does not necessarily mean that he would fail.

For anyone to dispute the basic principal in that says a lot about their intellect. We do not know whether Mark will fail or be successful, but my guess is he would succeed and would have been more successful than Flip up to this point with the Wizards.

For anyone to say that I cannot possibly know this has no more validity than my statement in the affirmative.

The bottom line is that either position can be argued, but to say my position has no validity and the opposite one does is absurd.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 18, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

@KevinJones,

Those rankings of what I said about Gilbert are not my own. I did not make them up. You might want to try googling NBA top shooting guards or point guards, and you might find where Gilbert really rates in the scheme of things.

And yeah, I did expect the Wizards to win twice as many games than they have so far, but I expected also that Flip would be doing a much better coaching job.

We can point to the players playing badly and they are, but Flip Saunders is actually coaching just as bad.

And to top it all off, we now have bloggers coming on here indicating that we may have the wrong players for Flip's system to succeed.

Well Gag me with a maggott. If we have the wrong players for Flip's system then we hired the wrong coach, but too many of you guru's would rather blame the players instead.

Give me a break.

Now, some are talking about blowing it up and finding the players that fit Flip's system.

Word to the wise you NitComPoots', you don't find players to fit a system when the players are already there and the ship has sailed. You have to fit your system to the players or guess what you knuckleheads', YOUR SHIP MIGHT START TO SINK.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 18, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

I say trade Mike James contract for Lebron James, then sit James on the bench because he smiles too much, doesnt shave well, and is only 24.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I could see Gil having one of his old fashion battles tonight. I could see him & Ellis going at it. Ellis has been a monster lately and Gil loves to kill the Warriors and is confident right now. Remember how he use to play against Baron Davis when he was on GS, how he played against Bynum on Detroit this Preseason, how he use to go at it with Jason Terry from his same school, and so on. I could see him starting a new one with Ellis tonight as both make alot of plays but Gil looks like the old Gil again and outplays him. BTW, when I say battle, I dont mean just 2 guys playing well. I mean they really go at eachother. Gil had very physical matchups with those guys and you could tell that it was more amped up. They did more special moves against eachother and everything. I could see that happening tonight

Posted by: dlts20 | December 18, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

So gil gets 55 tonight and Jamison gets 31 & 11.

That leaves me worried that Caron will get 11 and have 7 TOs and DS will get his nnormal 2. Blatche will go 2 for 11 and get 5 pts and Haywood will have a put back and go 1-7 on FT's for 3 pts

Foye will go 0-4 in his 3 minutes and Boykins will only get 7 instead of his normal 11.

Dom will not shoot once in his 6 minutes (none of which is clutch time, but he will have a +- of +32).

Luckily McGee will get 38 seconds at the end of the first quarter but will make the most of it with 2 blocks, 3 rebounds and an alley oop with salute.

NY never gets off the bench because he does a "pull my finger" joke instead of high fiving the coach before going on the court.

Thats 114 pts, but we lose by 1 when GS scores of an inbounds the ball on a bad call with .0003 seconds left while flip is playing Boykins, Antawn, Gilbert and Haywood. that's right, only four of them because NY was told to go in, but thought Flip meant next play.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

and when is Miller slated to return?? Can we get an update Insider? Or should I say "Insider"?

If Miller's return means less of AJ beyond the arc...that alone will help immensely

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Blurred

Why engage in pointless trade scenarios when nobody knows who's available? Any scenario brought forth relative to the Wizards is empty speculation unless your name is Ernie Grunfeld.

Posted by: 2020doc | December 18, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

So gil gets 55 tonight and Jamison gets 31 & 11.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

CLASSIC.

LMAO

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I wanna play the trade game too!

for Boozer (they can't sign him), Deron Williams (we need a PG) and Kirilenko

Sounds good to me.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

I can only assume this is a joke, right?

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

99% of all players are available in the NBA if you have something that team wants. that could be anything from the elusive "missing piece" to cap room this summer or just butts in the seats.

The point is, the salaries have to be close and there has to be a perceived value for BOTH teams.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I can only assume this is a joke, right?

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Just as much of a joke as some of the other trade scenarios I see on this board.

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

SDMDTSU - exactly why i had to ask. Most of them are similar but put up as real options.

that said, I'd love to get Boozer and Maynor in a trade from Utah.

Unfortunately Utah is playing for this year themselves, so aren't likely to give up Boozer for cap room.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Divi3 and Blurred. PDQ.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 18, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Oops! Sorry instead of PDQ, I mean Pretty Dame Good.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 18, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

blurred that was hilarious! exactly the kind of comedic outlook all longtime fans of the franchise appreciate

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

You know I would like a trade too.

I would like for us to trade AB from the bench to PF so he gets major minutes with BH on the floor which in turn will help solidfy our paint play. Trade AJ to the three position and have Butler traded to the anchor for the 2nd unit.

And Javale McGee spells either AB or BH as a young upcoming big man for our squad. He can learn on the floor by having AB or BH by his side whilst he is giving either of them a breather.

Now those are some trades we can accomplish.

Does anybody like those trades?

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | December 18, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

i forgot to mention that We Wiz fans will get excited by seeing Mike Miller on the floor participating in the shootaround and NAILING 109 of his 100 shots (that's right...he is SOOOOO good some of them fall through TWICE!). Unfortunately he is wearing his Grizzlies jersey under his Timberwolves Sweats.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

If it gets McGee on the floor and gets us some Offense in the 2nd unit, I'm all for it.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

javale is in the doghouse, might take a direct order from EG to get him on the floor this roadtrip.

or that clip of hawes dunking on AB...

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

kevenjones: "I said it once and I'll say it again..."

That's the thing we do best around here.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 18, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

samson - amen!

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

"Ernie Grunfeld is a smart man with the basketball acumen of perhaps three GMs combined."

Hope those three GMs aren't Kevin McHale, Isaiah Thomas, and Don Nelson.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 18, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Couldn't believe this stat-

Golden State averages 106 ppg on offense, but gives up 111 ppg at about 49% FG.

The only way the Wizards don't win tonight is if they caught up a run and gun type of game and don't play defense.

Posted by: artiesliver | December 18, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SDMDTSU | December 18, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

i like the part about foye or ds being a small four like tyrus thomas.lmao

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | December 18, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Hey SDMDTSU, you have the right trading partner just the wrong deal.

I would like a deal sending Caron and
Javaris Crittenton to Utah for Boozer. Utah gets something for Boozer and an additional year with their core group to make a run in the west and some slight cap relief at the end of this year. We get an inside scorer. Yes I would hope EG would resign him at the end of the year.

Posted by: 33dgriffin | December 18, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Also, I have a question for everyone out there. How does everyone feel about Flip? So far he's better than Eddie Jordan, but not by much. It seems like he's willing to admit he's made a mistake (like starting Oberto) and make a change. However, it seems he's still fostering this young vs. old thing on this team. Nick can miss an assignment and he gets benched, but Caron can make turnover after turnover and he's playing all the time. Also, why won't any of our beat reporters ask Flip why McGee is not playing and why does he keep playing Blachte at center. It's clear that he plays better at power forward. And lastly, what's this love affair with Stevenson. He's giving us nothing!

Posted by: 33dgriffin | December 18, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

don't think would ever happen and just my opinion....

i think someone should convince butler to take a lamar odom type role and run the 2nd squad

starting lineup:
PG Gil
SG Stevenson/ young when miller back
SF McGuire/ miller when he's healthy
PF Jamison
C Haywood

2nd squad
PG Foye
SG Young / mcguire when miller back
SF Butler
PF Blache
C McGee/Oberto

neither gil or butler seem comfortable being off ball and thus we get games where both are off rhythm cause they keep alternating or one is on and the other sucks, bring butler to the second unit where he is allowed to control the game and he can get in rhythm so when they play together together to close the 4th quarter they are both in rhythm
butler also has the leadership to keep those youngsters on the second unit playing aggressive and focused, as subbing in our backups has hurt us with no veteran there to lead

just wanted to hear what you guys think

Posted by: hb_321 | December 18, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

I would like a deal sending Caron and
Javaris Crittenton to Utah for Boozer.
*****

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 33dgriffin | December 18, 2009 2:07 PM

What's he done that shows he's better than Jordan? Not much that I can see.

Posted by: artiesliver | December 18, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"Why would Utah want Critt? they already have one of the top 5 PG in the league and have a back up who tore it up in the 2 games they needed him to start?

We need Critt more than they do. It is clear we need a good PG that isn't Gil (although I like he can play both PG and SG). And Critt is what? A foot taller than Boykins?"

Posted by: artiesliver | December 18, 2009 2:18 PM

You have to include Critt to make the salaries work. He has an expiring contract and you have to give to get. :-)

Posted by: 33dgriffin | December 18, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 33dgriffin | December 18, 2009 2:23 PM

You're a joke with your made-up post, dude.
I never proposed any such trade as the 2:18 time stamp on your post makes clear. Again, what has Flip done this year that makes him better than Jordan? Just looking for your opinion. There's no right or wrong answer. :-)

Posted by: artiesliver | December 18, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

"starting lineup:
PG Gil
SG Stevenson/ young when miller back
SF McGuire/ miller when he's healthy
PF Jamison
C Haywood
2nd squad
PG Foye
SG Young / mcguire when miller back
SF Butler
PF Blache
C McGee/Oberto"

Just curious, has anybody ever seen an NBA club play two separate squads?

Posted by: Samson151 | December 18, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

33dgriffin said: How does everyone feel about Flip? So far he's better than Eddie Jordan, but not by much. It seems like he's willing to admit he's made a mistake (like starting Oberto) and make a change.

I 100% disagree that he's done anything better than EJ. Flipper has much more talent than EJ had and is still losing. EJ kept the team at or above 500 with only 2 of the mediocre 3. Flippers lineups are just as questionable as some of EJs were, but EJ didn't have as many weapons to choose from (so that might explain some of the lineups). So far, I am really disappointed in Flipper. He looks just as puzzled during the games as Gil does after a non foul call on a drive to the basket. I would give EJ an overall rating of C+ or B- ( given what he had to work with ). Right now, Flipper gets a D-.

Posted by: original2cents | December 18, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Where's Jimmy Lynam when you need him?

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Proabably asking Leonard Hamilton for advice.

Posted by: artiesliver | December 18, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Or Bob Staak

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

or Gar Heard

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | December 18, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Just curious, has anybody ever seen an NBA club play two separate squads?

Posted by: Samson151 | December 18, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

are we including XBOX live games???????

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | December 18, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I remember Tulane had a couple of seasons of wholesale substitutions...But of course that wasn't NBA

And they weren't very good.

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

ha...just looked up the old coaches...and Bernie Bickerstaff is the only coach with a winning record since Gene Shue!

We are a miserable bunch, aren't we?

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

surprised no one brought up this article about the wiz and the warriors yet...i hate hollinger but he says the warriors have a better future than the wiz

i'm not panicking on arenas yet...he has shown the ability to still be able to score despite obviously not being back to his normal self...jamison as much as i hate him helps...i would trade butler for another shooting guard...miller isnt a huge drop off from butler if any at all in this system....but i would also try to trade for raja bell, of course i wouldnt give up butler to do it...but mike james sure...bell can play good d and actually reliably hit a jumper, although we wont be getting more than a year or two out of him

Posted by: jasonma1 | December 18, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Just curious, has anybody ever seen an NBA club play two separate squads?

I vaguely remember Kevin Loughery taking this approach at times with the Bullets (I think in '86-'87). The first unit included Moses Malone and Jeff Malone, while the second unit included Michael Adams and Manute Bol. Loughery would sub in 5 guys all at once.

Obviously, it wasn't wildly successful, but it had its moments as a strategy.

Posted by: joe_sill | December 18, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

"

Also, the consensus around here was that y'all wanted Gil to average about 20,7, and 6.

Posted by: G-Man11 | December 18, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse "

The consensus was that the team needed to STFU and win games...not make excuses, because there are none anymore and never were.

First Gilby had his silence to the media, and then had a "bringing Agent Zero back," and now what's next? Retirement I hope.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

"Cleveland would love to have AJ, but i dont see that happening for several reasons.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse "

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

"And Les BouleS would love to have Chris Paul, but that I don't see that happening either."

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse "

How did his team do last season?

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

""Chris Paul is an undersized 1 who doesnt play D and his teams lose. Why do you want him?

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse ""

Gilby is an oversized PG who doesn't play D and his teams lose....so how is that working?

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

That's just hating, nothing more.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

way to bring it full circle

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | December 18, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to change the subject but you all should check out this website my friend sent me.

It's called www.hatersink.com It's got some funny shirts. They need to add one about Arenas.

Posted by: danp3111 | December 18, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

"so you care about playing D and winning when looking at Gil, but give Chris Paul a pass on playing D and winning.

That's just hating, nothing more.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse "

Gilby neither plays D nor wins.

You hate the truth, nothing more, and will defend Gilby at all costs, nomatter how baseless your "argument" is or how filled with conjecture it is.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

"Where's Jimmy Lynam when you need him?

Posted by: Blurred | December 18, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse "

He's coaching with EJ.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

"CP may or may not play D....haven't watched enough of his games, but he wins, and plays well in a team structure naturally, not forced."

How do you know if you dont watch him play???

just hatin on anything and everything boullez, cause that's your thing.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

It doesn't mean a thing,
'cause neither's got a ring.

Thank you. I'll be here all night.

Posted by: artiesliver | December 18, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

"in the same sentence you say you dont know if he plays D because you havnet watched enough, but that his play is naturally structured and not forced.

How do you know if you dont watch him play???

just hatin on anything and everything boullez, cause that's your thing.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse "

I have watched him enough to know that he's a great PG who can score and who can run a team like a true PG.

With Tyson Chandler gone, I don't know whether he covered any defensive mistakes by CP.

I do know that Gilby's D sucks, and his attempt to run a team is quite forced.

You hate the truth, and that is that.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ArmChairQB | December 18, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

"Paul's defense is terrible, so you should pick a different player to covet if you want to be consistent.

Posted by: divi3 | December 18, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse "

Instead of trying to build a case, albeit a weak one, against a player from another team, figure out why your home team max money player has sucked this season.

Figure out why two games were lost b/c of his missed free throws, and other games were lost due to poor shot selection, turnovers, and, to his relief, disqualifications due to fouling out so he wouldn't be able to miss more game deciding FT's.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | December 18, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse