Bog on Mike James and David Stern

On his D.C. Sports Bog, Dan Steinberg recounts NBA Commissioner David Stern's encounter with a TMZ reporter and Wizards guard Mike James talking about the day of the Gilbert gun incident (plus he said he heard Shaq once pooped in someone's shoe).

By Alexa Steele  |  January 28, 2010; 1:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wizards' morning brew: Arenas, Crittenton suspended
Next: Jamison: 'It's an embarrassment'

Comments

"plus he heard Shaq once pooped in someone's shoe."

Yes, shoe-pooping is an honored NBA tradition. It's rumored that the best players are able to poop into a sneaker from six feet away.

Posted by: Samson151 | January 28, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I wonder who are making up all these accounts of the meeting. Maybe gil laid out 3 guns that said Ban me, suspend me and fine me. Then told stern to pick one

Posted by: jefferu | January 28, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jefferu | January 28, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm very upset by what has happen to Gil and Wizards, but I'm still able to laugh when something is funny. lol

Posted by: 33dgriffin | January 28, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

that's the mj interview i was talking about. he didn't sound happy.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | January 28, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

spoken like a true grampa, keeping stats on forced turnovers and amount of fouls. taken. Sounds like the kid tore it up though. Can he play point guard?

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | January 28, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Small forward and shooting guard. Occasionally he brings the ball up, but at 6'1" he'll never be bigger than GILBERT ARENAS. Baseball is his game although he's a three sport player. Freshman this year. Thanks for asking.

Posted by: glawrence007 | January 28, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

This incident has truly shown how weak the sports media is in this town. If it's not the redskins then there is no analysis what so ever. I can't take listening to either sports radio stations right now. The host clearly don't read any of the blogs/comments focused on the Wizards, so they don't know how fan truly feel. Further their comments are only basic in reading the paper, they don't watch the game. I think I've heard at least three times this week on the radio how Gil got Eddie Jordan fired. They clear were not watching games and just saying to support the negative opinion of Gil. One day I will call and say Eddie Jordan starting 1-10 last season got him fired.

Posted by: 33dgriffin | January 28, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

BTW concerning the WAPOs coverage of this, last night on Wash Post Live, Mike Lee was asked what is the latest develpments from NY in the Arenas case. Lee responded that he had just arrived in New York so he hadn't talked to anyone or heard anything yet. Even though everyone knew a meeting was taking place earlier in the day, The Wash Post wasnt there when it happened to get any info or quotes. He arrived in the evening after everyone had left. Are you freakin serious??!!
It was a complete joke. And then Mike Wise actually says seriously, Great work Mike.

Posted by: dovelevine | January 28, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I find Arenas kinda likable compared to other American celebs, but I also think that he’s revealed himself to be a colossal knucklehead whose bubble-boy mentality makes him a menace to society. (Like Jayson Williams who also thinks that playing with guns is amusing.) I’m generally not a fan of our correctional philosophy, but I think that GA deserves more than token time behind bars.

Posted by: Seekonk | January 28, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse