Andray Blatche is on a ridiculous roll

No doubt, Andray Blatche had a monster performance in the Wizards' 89-85 win over New Jersey on Sunday night, as he posted a career-high 36 points with 15 rebounds, four assists, two steals and two blocks. But it also was a historic performance.

According to Elias Sports Bureau, Blatche is the first player in Bullets/Wizards franchise history since Elvin Hayes to reach those statistical marks in one game. On Feb. 26, 1975, Hayes had 39 points, 19 rebounds, five assists, two steals and three blocked shots in a 104-98 win over the Seattle SuperSonics.

Blatche is also the only NBA player to score 36 or more points, with 15 or more rebounds, four or more assists, two or more steals and two or more blocked shots in a game this season. The last player to reach those numbers was Al Jefferson, who had 36 points, 22 rebounds, five assists, four steals and two blocks on Feb. 7, 2009.

Blatche is averaging 26.6 points and 11.7 rebounds in the first seven games since the all-star break, which is a startling development, since Blatche has often been criticized for his lack of consistency. There's no denying that Blatche is playing the most consistent basketball of his career, but he is producing at a rate that rarely happens in the league. And, if you add in his last game before the all-star break, when Blatche had 15 points against Charlotte, he has now joined some elite company with Shaquille O'Neal.

Blatche has shot 62.2 percent (84 of 135) over the past eight games, and has shot better than 52 percent in each of those contests. O'Neal was the last player to attempt at least eight field goals and shoot better than 52 percent for eight consecutive games, according to Elias. He actually accomplished that feat this season, from Jan. 19 to Feb. 2. The last Wizard/Bullet to do that was Cliff Robinson, from Nov. 10-27, 1984. Robinson did it for nine consecutive games.

"I've been waiting for this my whole career," Blatche said after practice on Monday of this opportunity.

He also credited Coach Flip Saunders for helping him tap into that potential. "Flip is a great coach and we have a great coaching staff. They are bringing the play out of all the guys on the team, making us work hard and play hard," Blatche said. "We had many conversations, it was pretty much that he was going to bring the best player out of me that he can, and it's showing. He stuck with me, doing extra drills after practice, all the hard work is paying off that he did with me."

Saunders was asked how Blatche can maintain this current pace. "Is he going to play at this level all the time? That'd be pretty difficult, but you don't know," Saunders said. "I think the thing is, you just got to keep playing the right way. There might be games he might not score as much, but he might get 18 and 11 and 7 assists. It's a matter of him continuing to make the right play. I'm more impressed that he's trying to make the right play. He doesn't try to get hyper. The main thing with him is trying to maintain his energy."

Saunders said that he has been impressed with Blatche's demeanor and approach since the Wizards traded away Brendan Haywood, Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler.

"I tried to harp on him from day one, about professionalism and preparing yourself to be successful, and that starts, not when you step in the gym, but prior to that. And that's lifting weights, taking care of your body, preparing your body, understanding scouting reports and knowing what they are going to do to you," Saunders said. "I think prior, when we had Caron and Antawn, he never really took that to heart. 'It really doesn't matter what I do.' When those guys left, I think he understood. All of a sudden he's lifting more. He's quiet in the locker room. And all of a sudden his game has coincided with improving with that. He's understanding that as you prepare, you prepare to win and you prepare to lose and he's preparing himself to be successful."

By Michael Lee  |  March 1, 2010; 4:13 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Andray Blatche's confidence grows
Next: Wizards buy out Mike James then waive him

Comments

Not surprised at all.

Why?

He came into camp this year in shape for the first time, like ever. AJ went down and he played great.

Now what would be REALLY sad is if EG traded him like he was trying to do.

Maybe some genuine luck for the Wiz in the regard.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | March 1, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I hope Blatche can keep it up, but put me in the "wait and see" category. There's no telling what will happen once he shows up in other teams' scouting reports, they start keying on him more often, and when an opposing team finds how to limit his effectiveness (take away dribble penetration, double-teaming, moving him out of the post).

Blatche seems to have the moves to go with the flow and take what the defense gives him, but there's a fine line between going with the flow and distorting the offense.

An earlier poster on a previous thread mentioned the Nets were doubling him last night; let's see how other teams respond to him defensively.

In the meantime, Blatche is ballin'; let's enjoy the roll he's on and hope he can sustain it.

Posted by: jcbcmb68 | March 1, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

ABs production looks easy, and that's the most promising part. He gets himself open looks and layups without that much trouble and he's already done it against decent defenders and some double-teams during this stretch. He was abusing Yi and Lopez last night, sometimes on the same possession.

Sure his shot wont always fall like it was last night, but he's for reals.

Posted by: divi3 | March 1, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I say enjoy the show and hope it lasts. Blatche has taunted us with performances like this before (although this is probably the longest he's been able to sustain it). He's one of those players GMs have to hate to trade away. 'Cos you know he's gonna just blow up soon as you trade it.

Posted by: tundey | March 1, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

7Day Dray every day. He is the only reason I want to watch now. That will change and he will come back to earth but I believe he will continue to maintain a double/double, just not at 25+ points a game. With McGee (if he ever learns to play the pick and roll) they will form a good nucleus for the team. Get John Wall and they will be a winning team. I wonder if Howard is for real. If so he would be a good man for next year as well.

Posted by: h20law2000 | March 1, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JPRS | March 1, 2010 2:02 PM

You get it but you're fighting a losing battle trying to convince the Haywood haters. I can't tell if they don't understand the game or if they let their personal feelings cloud their basketball judgment.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | March 1, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

thanks so much mr.learnedhand, for trying to edumacate the ignorants like myself and Blurred. Next time we wait 7yrs for a player to become mediocre I'll be sure and defer to those here with all the real knowledge

Posted by: divi3 | March 1, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Blatche's shot is sweet right now, if he can learn to keep that pivot foot on his baseline move (instead of the travel that's getting called every other time) he could be even better. People can talk about his consistancy but his minutes weren't consistant either. It's just nice to watch a team that hustles as a team. The one thing I've noticed is that nobody is standing around watching one guy do his thing.

I'm tired of hearing the media say how sorry they feel for Caron,Twan and Haywood. The play on the court is speaking for itself. Good dudes and I thank them for the playoffs but I'm not sad to see them gone. Especially Haywood c'mon man it took you 9 years to be relavent.

Posted by: AnthonyMix | March 1, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Andre made the #1 play on Sportscenter last night. Really nice to see something positive about the Wiz.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 1, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 1, 2010 5:20 PM

Now the pressure's on! Keep it rollin dray

Posted by: divi3 | March 1, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: h20law2000 | March 1, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

HOWARD is for real, but we can't sign him in his present physical state ala GILBERT ARENAS. He'll have to come back to us on the open market if at all, and I suspect at a substantial discount to the $11,835,000 2010-2011 team option contract he now has. If GRUNFELD exercises that option he'll be hung in effigy by the POLLINS.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 1, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AnthonyMix | March 1, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

keep avg'ing that dub dub and the ref's will start looking the other way like on Tha Kang's drives to the basket or TravAL Thornton.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | March 1, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Everyone said that Dray had it in him. You can't see it if you only play a few minutes in and out of games. When he started to get consistent pt he got his confidence.
Now if Nick Y. could get a chance to show what he can do with that kinda pt we'd know if he was a keeper or not.

What do we have to lose?

Posted by: VBFan | March 1, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

I've really enjoyed Dray's excellent play recently, and I think to a large degree he'll be able to keep it up. What struck me about the article, though, was his praise for Flip Saunders' coaching. That impressed me two ways. One, it showed me how much AB has matured as a player and a person, which of course is nice to see. But secondly, that's the first time I've seen any Wizard play say something about Flip and his staff actually coaching up his players. I wasn't too impressed with Flip before the trades, but I'm willing to try a wait and see on HIM now. AB, on the other hand, I think is going to be just fine.

Posted by: clfrdj | March 1, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

every other place flip has been he's been a winner. early on he looked bad as a coach, and even now one might question his rotation and why certain players get no playing time. if you look at his overall record, it says he's a winner. washington had some players here who were set in their ways and unwilling to be coached. they are almost all gone now. now you will see if he comes as advertised. this is not a knock on any of the players no longer here, sometime everyone needs to start fresh, even in the middle of the season. nick young needs to take that approach whether he stays here or leaves, to look at it from a different angle.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | March 1, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

ESPN has reported today that James has agreed to a buyout and was waived.

Posted by: anacostia85 | March 1, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

While I certainly could not have predicted this level of output, I have been saying for a few seasons now that Blatche needs to get real minutes in order to improve and really be judged.

Many times I pointed out (and was shot down) Jermaine O'Neal's situation during the first part of his career. He didn't get a lot of minutes those first 4 seasons. Less than Blatche even, and he had to play behind vets logging major minutes, on a playoff-level team. It wasn't until he was traded away, and given starter's minutes in Indiana that he started to blossom. In this case, we traded away the people in front of Blatche.

I'm excited to see if he continues close to this level for the remainder of the season. If he does, and we let him know that he is our PF next season and beyond, I'm even more excited to see how he comes into next season having a new motivation.

Immature or not, I think it's difficult for anyone, especially a young person, to motivate themselves if they know (or just think) that no matter how good they do, the person in front of them is still going to be considered before them. Outside of the sports world, that's usually when you leave your company for another job, or at least another department.

His play also could seriously change the team's offseason focus.

Posted by: segastyle | March 1, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

What do we have to lose?
Posted by: VBFan | March 1, 2010 5:48 PM

I think if Nick had in him we would have seen it by now. I am so delighted that dray is playing at a high level. I must admitt that I was one of the bloggers that said we should get rid of him. Thank God I was wrong. Now im saying get rid of Nick, LOL. I like our team, hopefully we can keep the nucleus together except for Oberto and maybe Howard (he has health issues). And replace them we Gil and our two 1st round picks(a back-up 4/5 in Favors and a true point-guard off the bench).
If NJ get the #1 pick and trade Devin Harris. That would beting a nice back court starting with Harris and Gil(moves to the 2) and Randy Foye and Ross off the bench.

Posted by: dsquare | March 1, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

".....Ross off the bench."

Posted by: dsquare | March 1, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking this is exactly where ROSS doesn't want to be. Not saying he doesn't belong there, but his contract for next year is on a player option. I think he wants to play and get much more money. I'm sayin' he tests FA before he comes around to talking to the WIZ about anything.

Posted by: glawrence007 | March 1, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

I liked Jamison a lot but I am very happy to see Blatche playing so well. Actually i liked all of our players, but i have to admit now finally, it got stale. I am willing to see about Gil because if you notice, he did get along with the younger players and he never really got on them,it seems tried to help them. (Not talking about the gun incident and all, just practicing and showing Nick and and all his work ethics).

Posted by: washwiz | March 1, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

Wizards bought out Mike James:

Don't know if Michael Lee can shed some light on the terms?

Posted by: sagaliba | March 1, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

And I really like Thornton, still can't believe the Clippers let him go.

Posted by: washwiz | March 1, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm delighted for Andray. But now he's a marked man. He'll need to be patient and get hustle points because the D will be built around denying him the ball and sending doubles. And I'm just hoping that some of the other guys are saying, hell, if AB can raise his game, why can't I? MM--this is your time to step up.

Posted by: jweber1 | March 1, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

He's soliciting buckets the same way he used to solicit prostitutes.

Posted by: Dellis2 | March 1, 2010 8:03 PM | Report abuse

sagaliba, why you worrying about buyouts on a rebuilding team while your Mavs are on!

Posted by: divi3 | March 1, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Monkey MeTawn off his back makes AB play freely.

Posted by: DC_MAN88 | March 1, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

"And I really like Thornton, still can't believe the Clippers let him go.Posted by: washwiz |"

The Clips had a lot of talent, especially on offense. They were stumbling over one another. Biggest underachievers in the league. Funny thing is, Thornton wasn't known as a defender, and yet he's playing a little defense here.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 1, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Well, where do we go from here??

Some moves I'd like to see from the Wizards...

#1 Return to our team colors Red White and Blue. It doesn't have to be the gaudy flag design... but maybe something more like what team USA sported in the Olympics.

#2 Remove Arenas... Once it is established what the outcome of his trial is and when he will actually be available to play, he will then at that point be a tradable commodity. If we can move him in a Jamison-like deal that would be great. Anything we can do to have him off the books by next offseason (2011) that is the goal. Void, buyout, trade... deal him for expiring contracts (such as Jeffries/Battier) and pick up a draft pick would be great. The idea here is get his salary space open to pursue Durant when he is a FA in 2011.

#3 Go for Durant when he is a FA next offseason 2011 (see #2). This actually should be the #1 goal and plan for this organization. This should be our primary rebuilding plan. Durant represents everything we should be looking for in a franchise player to build our franchise around. The fact he's a local kid makes it all the more perfect. Let's make Durant and Blatche are the future of this team.

#4 The players from the current team I am interested in keeping are Blatche, Thornton, Foye, Miller, Singleton, McGee. I would get rid of anyone else. I would consider keeping Howard at the 1yr team option IF he can come back healthy, because he can solidify our SG spot next season and open his salary spot for Durant (see #3).

#5 This offseason the only FA that really interests me is not a big time FA but PG Kyle Lowry from the Rockets. I think he'd be a good PG for us, and a young and upcoming player that fits into our rebuilding plan. Otherwise keep our cap space open for Durant!! (see #3)

#6 In the draft I want Kansas C Cole Aldrich with the 1st pick (assuming we are out of top 2 which it looks like). I am not high anymore on Cousins after watching him more. He loafs up the court, is only active when he's calling for the ball on offense. When he realizes it's not getting passed to him he stands with his hands on his hips, doesnt box out or hustle back on D, and I just question his attitude. Also what's up with that limp? Aldrich is just what we need. He'd be perfect to mix in at center with McGee and Blatche.

Our 2nd 1st round I'd love to add Aldrich's Kansas teammate PG Sherron Collins to our bench, and our 2nd rounder I'd love to snag Clemson F Trevor Booker's all-around game and hustle.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 1, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

The trades seem to have helped everyone, at least so far. They helped Jamison, Butler, Haywood and even Stevenson get another shot at the playoffs. Blatche and McGee got the court time. Arenas' absence took some pressure off Foye.

And maybe most of all, the trades helped us here on the blog, because we're listening to 40% less whining from the regulars, and nobody has even mentioned PER, and far as I can tell there has been a complete absence of scatological references to anybody's bodily functions.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 1, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

I AM PROUD OF 7 DAY DRE,IN MY OPINION HE HAS BEEN THE BEST PASSER EVER SINCE HE'S BEEN HERE.HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN USED AS CHRIS WEBBER WAS IN THAT PRINCETON OFFENSE IN SACRAMENTO AT THE TOP OF THE KEY WITH EVERYONE CUTTING OFF HIM SO HE COULD EITHER PASS OR TAKE A FOUL LINE JUMPER.WIZARDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY TEAM SINCE I MOVED INTO THE AREA,AND STILL ARE.GO WHIZ!!!!

Posted by: BRUBOI | March 1, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Wizards 2011

Aldrich
McGee
Blatche
Thornton
Singleton
Booker
Miller
Durant
Ross
Foye
Collins
Lowry

Add to this our 2011 draft pick. These are the guys I'd like to see here come 2011. I think if we can do this our future looks bright.

Posted by: Darnell1 | March 1, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Ok, out of the 29 starting center besides Haywood, I can't find more than 10 worse than him. If it were my team and I needed to pick a center for this year's playoffs (not counting injuries and salaries), I would pick the following over Haywood:
Perkins
Bargnani
Dalembert
Jefferson
Mark Gasol
Lee
Shaq
Howard
Horford
Bogut
Noah
Duncan (yes, he is a center)
Yao
Camby
Kaman
Nene
Bynum
Brook Lopez
Okafor

And here the ones I won't take ahead of Haywood (now)

Jermaine O'neal
McGee
Mohammed
Okur
Krstic
Hawes
Biedrins
Ben Wallace
Hibbert
Robin Lopez

Posted by: Utilityman1 | March 1, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Blatche, Thornton, Arenas (don't see them getting rid of him), 2 first round picks and plenty of cap room to go after a big time free agent. The Zards could actually be pretty good next year.

Posted by: saqster | March 1, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

@Darnell1

Durant is a restricted free agent in 2011. No way Oklahoma is letting him go. Not without us giving up every good player we have and multiple 1st round draft picks. Even then I doubt it.

If you're going to wait for 2011 for a big time free agent, your best bet is Carmelo Anthony, who has an ETO for that season, may be tired of not getting over the hump out west, and is also local.

I also dislike the idea of waiting for someone, especially if he may be the only real big catch that year, as other teams will also be vying for him. I think we have to wait and see what happens with our young guys the rest of this season and where we land in the draft.

Let's assume we won't get Wall. For now, let's assume Blatche plays himself into a legitimate go-to power forward for this team. A guy like Joe Johnson is an unrestricted free agent this summer. Great defender. Great shooter. Very good passer. Very good ball-handler. He will closet a lot though. Only way we get him from Atlanta is by paying him more.

Posted by: segastyle | March 1, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

not sure if durant would even want to come home other than for money. he stays in OKC with a really good young team on the verge of taking over top billing in the west from the older teams out there. dallas, SA, Utah, Phoenix, are all getting long in the tooth and OKC looks primed to move ahead of them. if it's about winning he stays there.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | March 1, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Please call the man by his name: J-School!

Posted by: minorthread | March 1, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Even by the standards of internet sports fans, the notion that Kevin Durant would turn his back on millions (possibly tens of millions) of dollars and a young team that is already growing into a possible contender to sign on with a rebuilding from scratch Wizards team is wildly ridiculous fantasy.

Not going to happen.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 1, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Most of his previous critics were veterans that wanted his minutes and coaches that were too afraid allow him to play. Now that they are gone, it is not surprising that he is allowed to live up to his potential.

Posted by: JohnWWW | March 1, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

He sure made some idiot posters here suck blow.
AB is cornerstone of the Bullets re-emergence.

Posted by: Rocc00 | March 1, 2010 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Seven good games does not a HOF nomination make. We already knew he could play. It's all free and easy now because there's no pressure. No one expects them to win and he doesn't have to compete with anyone else for PT. But unless he can do the same thing (or close to it) when:

(A) The team is really competing for something
(B) Opposing defenses are targeting him
(C) There's pressure to get it done and he doesn't have the luxury of higher profile, higher paid teammates to hide behind . . .

...none of it will matter. He'll just be another guy who puts up gaudy numbers on lousy teams: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Troy Murphy, Ricky Davis, et al. And even if his level of play continues, I really don't see Blatche as being the go-to #1 player on a team that goes deep into the playoffs. I just don't think he has the toughness to carry that kind of load.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 1, 2010 11:44 PM | Report abuse

right now blatch is the only one on the team with a sack full of shots...he just happens to be making a good % of them. the games are meaningless from a standings point of view, but if it does build on his confidence, that can only be a good thing. he may transform into that type of player over a period of more time. no need to throw him under the bus because he shoots the ball. mike miller won't, randy foye's still not sure when he should or shouldn't, mcgee doesn't have one, so that leaves him and thornton. thornton's not a great shooter but he will. so blatch at least realizes that you can only win if you score and you can only score if you shoot.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | March 2, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Kal,
Thats because Blatche is the best player on the team and, right now, the only reliable scoring option (since MM reitired his shooting arm)

Posted by: T-ROB | March 2, 2010 12:14 AM | Report abuse

And being the best player on a 30-win team means what, exactly?

He's playing well now and that's fine. Good for him. But that doesn't even come close to making him the cornerstone of their future. It's an in the moment thing that doesn't necessarily mean anything going forward. In fact it's fairly common that guys who take the spotlight (and most of the shots) during a team's rebuilding years are often out of the picture when the franchise finally rolls out the finished product is legitimately back in the hunt: Stackhouse (Detroit), McGrady (Orlando), Randolph (Portland), Marbury (Phoenix), and you'll probably be able to add Michael Redd (Milwaukee) to that list in a year or two.

Posted by: kalo_rama | March 2, 2010 12:49 AM | Report abuse

always with the negative waves kalo. in a season like this, a fan is just happy for anything to cheer about. enjoy the moment, feel good for the young man as he spreads is wings. even if he lands elsewhere. for the moment he's the blue plate special.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | March 2, 2010 2:04 AM | Report abuse

"(And isn't it funny how some of the same people who ripped Jamison, Butler, and Arenas for shooting too much and being only about numbers are now hanging onto Blatche's sack for dear life with both hands.)" - kalo_rama

The difference is, Blatche is shooting 0.564 since the trades. Butler shot .404 and Jamison .458 for the month of January (their last full month with the team). Blatche is also rebounding better, and blocking more shots.

Posted by: segastyle | March 2, 2010 2:57 AM | Report abuse

"In fact it's fairly common that guys who take the spotlight (and most of the shots) during a team's rebuilding years are often out of the picture when the franchise finally rolls out the finished product is legitimately back in the hunt" - kalo_rama

There's some false logic for you. I could just as easily say that every time a team legitimately gets back in the hunt, there is a guy that was there just before who took the spotlight: Paul Pierce, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Johnson...

Teams either spread the wealth or have go-to guys, and they succeed or fail either way. Putting up good numbers on a bad team doesn't take away from those numbers. Pau Gasol put up good nubmers on a bad team. He went to a good team and put up pretty much the same numbers.

Seven games doesn't predict the future, but 30 games certainly helps. Let's see how Blatche does down the stretch. With the cap room this team now has, they have the opportunity to transform greatly over this summer.

Posted by: segastyle | March 2, 2010 3:17 AM | Report abuse

Blatche is for real. Yes he needs to keep it up but the keys are his improving mid-range game and his instinctive passing ability. Teams will debate whether to double-him because he proved a decent passer before he ever proved a decent scorer.

Posted by: G-Man11 | March 2, 2010 7:56 AM | Report abuse

I say GO BLATCHE!!! I think that the trades that occured matured Blatche and made him fianally realize that the NBA is indeed a business and that it could have been him traded instead. And watching the other guys come in here with intense attitudes and styles of play just upped the ante for him as well. What we now see with Blatche is only going to get better. I don't see him regressing at all. Give him and the other Wiz a chance. As I said before, instead of tearing him and the other Wiz apart with our critques (they are getting negativity from every with way) let's give him and the team some support. I don't know how many games they will win the rest of the season, but, what I do know is that THIS team will play to the bitter end, give it all they've got and leave it all on the floor. That is about all you can ask of these guys.

Posted by: ivyleague | March 2, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

In all fairness, I must admit that I was one of those ready to turn in my season tickets, but, the last couple of games that I attended there was just a different feel to this group of guys. So, I made up my mind that if I profess to be a true blu fan then I am going to have to suck it up and deal with it until things turn around. So, I decided to just go to the games and support these young guys and try not to harp on them because they are still learing to play together. So, no more negativity from me.

Posted by: ivyleague | March 2, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

The Wizards need one or two more reliable offensive players. It's too bad Howard got hurt, he was that other guy. Blatche can't carry the whole team on his back. Also he will be defended vigorously now that teams don't have Jamison, Arenas and Butler to worry about.

Posted by: rickgonz | March 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse