Prosecutors recommend three months for Arenas

From The Post's Crime Scene blog:

Prosecutors recommended on Tuesday that Wizards star guard Gilbert Arenas spend three months in jail for bringing guns into the Verizon Center locker room.
Prosecutors also proposed that Arenas serve three years probation and perform 300 hours of community service.
The recommendations came in a sentencing memo to the court that is required in most crimimal cases.
Arenas's formal sentencing is Friday.

The full blog post is here.

By Alexa Steele  |  March 23, 2010; 12:09 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shaun Livingston's sick baseline slam
Next: McGuire wishes he could've stayed in Washington

Comments

Crit got 1 year probation...I wonder what the prosecutor asked for.

Posted by: bozomoeman | March 23, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Gil will play some pickup games while in jail and he will learn to pass the ball or his teammates will show him what it's like to be a ball hog later in the shower that evening.

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | March 23, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | March 23, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

You are a true class act. I guess you think rape is funny?

Posted by: Blurred | March 23, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

You are a true class act. I guess you think rape is funny?

Posted by: Blurred | March 23, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Since when has it not been?

Posted by: supuradam | March 23, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Gilbert had better pray and hope that 3 months is all that he gets, take it, serve his time and call it a day. His actions, after the incident has burned him more than anything. Crittendon did not do or say a thing the whole time and look how easy he got off. I don't want to see Gilbert go to jail at all but it looks like jail time is definitely a probablity. With that being said, three months and maybe 45 day served with time off for good behavior.

Posted by: ivyleague | March 23, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

You are a true class act. I guess you think rape is funny?

Posted by: Blurred | March 23, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Rape in general in not a joking matter.

But, if Gil got raped in jail for something as stupid as bringing guns into the workplace to act like a thug...then YES I would find that hilarious.

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | March 23, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

bf78 - you are a truly pathetic and disgusting man.

Why would you wish that on anyone? And laugh about it?

I hope you and your family never find out how "funny" it is to be a "ball hog."

Posted by: Blurred | March 23, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I think there was a technicality if you get 100 or more days you can get off early for probation for good behavior. I remember it for T.I. but that may just be for his state.

Posted by: jefferu | March 23, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I doubt Gil gets more than 10 days and the probation/community service part, but who knows.

Posted by: Blurred | March 23, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I hope you and your family never find out how "funny" it is to be a "ball hog."

Posted by: Blurred | March 23, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I don't do anything against the law so I don't have to worry about going to jail!

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | March 23, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Whether you want Gil to play for the Wizards again or not (and for the record I do), wishing him personal harm is just plain sick.

Posted by: manifested | March 23, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Some people don't know what they are talking about when it came to Gil and the basketball this season. He actually passed the ball and became a good assist man but some people consider him a ball hog and not Lebron who keeps the ball in his hands. Gil will come back even stronger and will be a force to stop. What about Crittendon and his sentence for a firearm in the locker room?

Posted by: gman54 | March 23, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

To bulletsfan78: Don't get cocky about not doing anything that will land you in jail. Innocent people land in the slammer everyday and you could be one of them:-)

Posted by: gman54 | March 23, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

My name is Blurred and I'm angry about the decisions I've made in my own life that have led to the sorry state of affairs I now find myself in, so I'm going to take a smug, self-righteous moral high ground in reference to all jokes that have to do with something that I find to be reprehensible

Posted by: supuradam | March 23, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Spending taxpayers' money to put Gilbert in jail for 3 months makes little to no sense to me. Not to downplay the crime (although I probably will) but Gilbert never intended to do any harm to anyone and didn't do any harm to anyone or anything (other than the Wizards season). It was simply a foolish act. It didn't sound like there was ever much potential for his foolishness to go awry, even if the accounts of Javaris chambering a round are true. Community service sounds much more appropriate for this crime but ultimately that's not my call.

Posted by: jonathan30033 | March 23, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

What about Crittendon and his sentence for a firearm in the locker room?

Posted by: gman54 | March 23, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Gil already had a weapons offense when he was wth GS.

Posted by: bulletsfan78 | March 23, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

bulletsfan78

Are you this hard on everybody or just Gilbert Arenas? Do you hold yourself to the same standard of which you hold Gilbert? Do you think you are perfect and have never made any mistakes?

Posted by: G-Man11 | March 23, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

whatever happened to them recommending 30 days? Isnt that what they said 1st?

Posted by: dlts20 | March 23, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

My only problem with this and maybe Im remembering wrong but I thought they recommended only 30 days his 1st time around. How can they suddenly switch like that or did they not recommend that much? Then they say that the recommendation is not really for the guns in the District itself but more for his inconsistent statements and behavior after the fact which I think is dumb. I dont want to see him get any time but 3 months wouldnt be too bad. He would probably be in good enough shape for camp.

I think most think he would get picked on in jail but I think he will actually be liked and everyone will try to get him to play ball every day if he has that freedom. You think they wouldnt love to ball with Gil? Its getting warm outside too. The other big reason why I wouldnt mind it is because he probably wouldnt be able to workout like he wants to and while most will say that is bad, Ive always been a big believer in rest. I use to make threads on here all the time saying how Gil needs to rest but instead he like works out and plays ball for all 12 months out the year. I think your body needs time to recover and you can double that with injuries. In that regard I think it could be good for him but I hope he gets 0-30 days

Posted by: dlts20 | March 23, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

BTW, has anyone ever seen this vid of Blatche in HS? I thought it was pretty cool

Posted by: dlts20 | March 23, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse