Foye definitely done for the season

Bulls (35-39) at Wizards (22-52)

Wizards starters: Shaun Livingston, Mike Miller, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Fabricio Oberto

Bulls: Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich, Taj Gibson, James Johnson, Brad Miller

Line: Bulls by 5.5

There really wasn't much of a chance that Randy Foye would return this season after an MRI revealed a torn ligament in his left wrist last Monday. But Foye told me before the game that his season is over.

Foye's left wrist is in a camouflage-colored cast and he said it won't be removed until April 13. The season finale is April 14 against Indiana. I asked him jokingly if he could play a day after having his cast removed, Foye smiled and said, "Oh naw. No chance at all."

Foye originally hurt himself while guarding Chicago's Derrick Rose on Feb. 22. He played through the pain until he was forced to shut it down after a collision with Charlotte's D.J. Augustin on March 26.

"It's definitely a disappointment," Foye said, "because I wanted to be out there with the guys to help them, give them a boost, help them win. They did in New Orleans, but I wanted to be a part of it. To be in a cast is frustrating for me. But luckily, it's my left wrist. I hail from this."

Fabricio Oberto will get his third consecutive start at center. While Oberto has only scored six points combined in the previous two games against Houston and New Orleans, he has impressed his teammates with his passing. Oberto had three assists against the Hornets, including some bounce passes to Mike Miller that had James Singleton shaking his head in amazement.

"He's like a tall version of Jason Kidd with the passes," Singleton said. "Some of those passes, I don't know how he saw it."

Cedric Jackson finally got his jersey on Friday. He arrived too late on Wednesday to get the correct uniform and had to settle for the No. 88. But he will wear No. 9. It is the fifth number that was previous worn by another player this season. Paul Davis also wore No. 9 for two games. The others - Livingston and Stevenson (No. 2); Butler and Ross (No. 3); McGuire and Howard (No. 5); and Haywood and Harris (No. 33);

By Michael Lee  |  April 2, 2010; 6:34 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nick Young, difference maker?
Next: JaVale McGee on ninth consecutive home loss

Comments

McGee is killing Brad Miller.

Posted by: ts35 | April 2, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me or is PHIL and BUCK very irritating tonight?

Posted by: rf2litenva | April 2, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

I really miss Alonzo Gee.

Posted by: bozomoeman | April 2, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

I used to think that nothing could be worse than Buck's endless stat reading. An hour of Phil stories trump that. I hope both guys get gold watches this summer.

Posted by: djnnnou | April 2, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

djnnnou, MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.....these cats are verrryyyy boring with this nonsense tonight!!! Just rather put my t.v. on mute!

Posted by: rf2litenva | April 2, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

I think all of the time outs that keep taking place everytime they get ready to go into a story should be a hint! Anyone else notice?!?!?

Posted by: rf2litenva | April 2, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

please contract this franchise.......who cares anymore......haven't watched a single dribble all season

Posted by: FletcherChristian1 | April 2, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rf2litenva | April 2, 2010 8:01 PM

Hilarious. That's EXACTLY what I did.

Posted by: and_1 | April 2, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm lovin' Javale McGee. Kid has really good potential, especially on the defensive end.

I hope we hang on to him like we should have Ben Wallace.

So much athleticism for his size.

Posted by: Vicc | April 2, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

NICK YOUNG, Earl Boykins, Dre, FAB, and Cartier martin on the floor at the same time and Flip wonder why they cant score or havent scored in over 7 minutes!! This coach is a Fu&&&& joke!

Posted by: rf2litenva | April 2, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Can Mike Miller make a layup anymore? If he doesn't get it swatted, he travels.

Posted by: elfreako | April 2, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Miller and Young can't make wide open shots at home. Both are pathetic.

Posted by: bozomoeman | April 2, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

THE MID-RANGE JUMP SHOT IS A LOST ART IN COLLEGE AND PRO BASKETBALL; This is why players like Nick Young and other young players like him will never realize their potential in the NBA because they don't care, they get guaranteed money so where's the motivation? think they watch film on great shooters of the past not a chance just as in baseball young players are bereft of fundamentals because they are coddled from their youth. As far as Phil and Buck are concerned if this team wasn't so lousy we would enjoy them more when a team loses more than 100 games over two seasons you could bring back Chic Hearn and Jack Buck and some of you would still complain, you've got Ernie to thank for this train wreck of a season and last season too hate to say it but i told all of you this was going to happen.

Posted by: dargregmag | April 2, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

I really miss Alonzo Gee.
Posted by: bozomoeman