Nick Young on season-high 29 points and win over Warriors

By Michael Lee  |  April 6, 2010; 11:01 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Don Nelson going for history, Thornton to return in Orlando
Next: Warriors again provide special nights for Wizards

Comments

With each game, these young wiz are becoming the new bullets.
They are really enjoyable to watch with their scrappiness & esprit de corp.

Posted by: Rocc00 | April 6, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

lol...wow...you really think this team is one mega-wattage star away from anything??? This team is 3/4 players away from anything and needs to rid themselves of some players on the roster - one being NY.

Posted by: rphilli721 | April 6, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

What, NY, don't you mean JaVale McGee should be the 1st to go.

Just worry about you Mavs and leave the Wizards alone.

Posted by: zxhoya | April 6, 2010 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Nick Young gets significant playing time and the Wizards win. It can't be a coincidence if it keeps happening.

The question remains, "Why did it take Flip Saunders the entire season to embrace the fact that the Wizards win when Nick gets major minutes?"

Seems to me that Coach Saunders is too smart to be head coach. Only Flip had the wisdom to keep both JaVale and Nick on the bench for most of the season. Neither player, in Flip's judgement, was mature enough to earn significant minutes. JaVale was giving out military salutes and Nick Young was celebrating after scoring baskets. In Flip Saunder's mind, that meant the player had to be exiled to the bench until he stopped making mistakes.

Look what THAT deep thinking did for the team.

I can't imagine the Wizards bringing this guy back to coach the team next year.

Posted by: musicmanjr | April 6, 2010 11:43 PM | Report abuse

rphilli just hates these guys no matter what they do, wont be happy til we sign 10 mike millers and 2 BTHs

Posted by: divi3 | April 6, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

I missed the game (well, I didn't see it but I can't really say I missed it), but I'm going to assume there was some kind of last minute change in the schedule. Because I can't imagine people would really be getting giddy, talking trash, and predicting future greatness based on beating the f***ing Warriors.

Posted by: kalo_rama | April 7, 2010 1:38 AM | Report abuse

musicmanjr, unfortunately Saunders is on a $3M/yr contract for four more years. Unless the new owner is willing to eat that cost for the next 4 years, Flip will be around.

Posted by: rickgonz | April 7, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse

"The pieces are there & just needs to be supplemented by 1 impact megawattage star via draft or otherwise."

I enjoy watching them play, but this statement is just absolute nonsense.

Posted by: nmik | April 7, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

I enjoy watching them play, but this statement is just absolute nonsense.
Posted by: nmik | April 7, 2010 8:28 AM |

& you would take lebron off of the cavs & have what? Antawn & the midgets?

Posted by: Rocc00 | April 7, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Baffling to see Nick score 29, yet he's hardly played this year. Flip has gone flipped his lid for not playing this guy. I never liked flip anyways. I never thought he was a good coach.

Posted by: mgilbo | April 7, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse