John Wall: 'I want to start a legacy of my own'

By Michael Lee  |  May 21, 2010; 11:36 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Evan Turner: 'Let your game do the talking'
Next: John Wall: 'It's no pressure'

Comments

did they take down the evan turner polished,yet gritty video??????????

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | May 21, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

The thing about Gilbert and Wall together for those that say it can't happen because Gilbert must control the ball is this.

Gilbert at his best, but playing the point and facilitating the offense and mostly controlling the ball is not and I repeat is not a winning proposition.

That is the whole key in a nut shell.

Gilbert playing the point and facilitating everything is not the winning formula that will work.

The formula with Gilbert in order for it to be a winning one is for Gilbert to play off the ball, the two position, with a point guard that controls the tempo for the entire Team.

That is the winning formula not Gilbert playing the point.

Sean Livingston showed he could run point/tempo and lo, now John Wall is that guy, hopefully.

Gilbert must move to the two and prove he can be an asset there in order to gain his mojo back in the league.

Nobody likes it when Gilbert is compared to the top notch stars in the league, like Kobe and Wade, but let me tell ya, that is what Gilbert must strive to be and it is what he aspires to be.

A lofty goal he has set for himself, but he will never come close to that goal playing point guard.

He can only get there by playing the two and if he stays for at least one more year here, it is what is best for the Wizards.

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | May 21, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Larry

I take it that you mean as a Arenas/Wall formula, because as Gilbert spearheading a "Big Three", scoring was never the problem.

The best formula now is for Gilbert to play 2-guard with Wall(if selected) running the point. But they too will come out on the short end of the stick if other wizard issues are not addressed.

People around here, not you, but people around here want to lay everything at the feet of Gil. The fact is that Wall will have his hands full defensively and will have problems keeping opposing guards out of the lane, just like all other points in the NBA. Gilbert was not the exception to that rule. You can not keep a small, quick guy from crossing you over IF you can't touch him with your hands to slow him down, especially if you play for the wizards.

I am one to keep Gilbert and pair him with Wall, but am open to trade, as long as you get equal value. Let's hope that Wall has the practice habits of Gil, without the quirkiness. He kind of reminds me of D-Wade playing point more than anybody else.

Posted by: G-Man11 | May 21, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

G-man,

The thing with Gil, nobody know if he really want to be here. I can't imagine Gil playing the same after all that he been through.My gut tells me he really hope to play with a veteran team and start off fresh. Now, no way we'll get equal value for him. Most likely, we'll have to pay half of his salary then trade him for role player, expiring contract or future second round draft pick.

Posted by: demonj21 | May 21, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

The Wizards SOLD 400 season tickets as soon as they secured the #1 pick in the draft.....that right there tells me they're gonna draft JOHN WALL! I just don't see where Evan Turner would have 400 ppl running out to purchase season tickets.

So get used to seeing/hearing “THE GREAT WALL OF CHINATOWN”!!!!!!

Just Saying

Dageez from Waldorf,Md

Posted by: DAGEEZ | May 21, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Can we trade Arenas for Yao Ming? I am not sure if the salary will match but they can work that out.

Then it will really be “THE GREAT WALL OF CHINATOWN”!!!!!!

Wall, Howard, Blatche, Yao Ming, Miller.

I would actually pay money to see this team.
I haven't paid to watch Wizards since Michael Jordan.
* Sorry for my ignorance.

Posted by: kaesan | May 22, 2010 11:43 PM | Report abuse